Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

YS VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I'm loving this game. Had so much fun I went right on to play it on hard mode after I beat it (about 15 hours long). It's nice to play a game that's actually challenging.

Square's released a couple of action RPGs but they were mindlessly easy with lame plots and had way too much item management (which shouldn't even be an issue).

The other reason I'm replaying it is because not wanting to "cheat" I skipped the cheat mode3 the first time. I didn't realize that's how you turn on Japanese voices. Nice that Konami bothered to include them though... this time!

I'd recommend this game to anyone and if you do pick it up go in to cheat mode and turn on Japanese Voices and beaten game flags (it lets you warp between towns). Anyone else agree that Terra's English voice acting is among the very worst?

Oh yeah, this is my first Y's game but now I'm hoping to heck they bring over more remakes. I bet they don't thanks to Sony's 2D embargo.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Terra's voice reminds me of a character from an Invader Zim mode, so I never heard what she was saying I just kept hearing "Pirate Monkeys!" ^____^

I did the same as you - straight to Hard with no cheats. Very fun, thought the challenge flattens once you get past the bee boss.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it does get easy after that point on hard mode. I guess that means *gasp* nightmere mode?

Maybe later.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nightmare mode sounds like fun to me!

But then, I'm a bit masochistic when it comes to my video games.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like fun, but I'm not sure if I could beat some of the bosses with their HP x4 and only three healing items.

Mind you I've mastered and memorised paterns before. Een beat Megaman Zero 1 and 2 on hard (three was impossible though).
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nightmare mode's not all that difficult. There are only two things that pose a problem-- you-know-who's little beam things in his first form, and the secret boss that's stronger than him.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't got this game yet, but the female character, Olha, looks pretty sexy and beautiful :D . Why do elven women look pretty sexy in RPGs? LOL!!
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awwww...fatch!!!!! I FINALLY get the game....and it only works up to the loading screen...as in it doesn't work at all!!!! Defective burned disk....that's what sucks about MODed.....I can't wait to play!!! :mrgreen:
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this is kind of a dead thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread for the same exact thing. With that aside, I've been plaing Ys VI now and I was attracted to it by the fanbase it has plus the nifty artwork for Adol, Olha and Isha you see on the cover. With the 'return' of certain characters (if you can call them returning characters when you never played the prior Ys titles), it piques my interest as to what happened in the previous Ys games.

Buuut the gameplay is kind of mindless. Plenty of button mashing and jumping around, not to mention the whole 'nice guy' thing going on with Adol drives me nuts. What kind of guy can be motivated to put his life on the line a billion times and enjoy it every time? I just don't understand it. Then again, it 's that passion that allows six Ys'es to exist, so I digress. :)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: