Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tekken
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
I just bought Tekken 5, and am enjoying every minute of it, well...except for the Devil Within mini-game. I am thinking of getting Death by Degrees, just to see how good it is (if it is any good). You know, one of Christy's victory dances has her leaning over towards the screen...well you know....anyways, two of my friends went ga-ga over that victory dance, but I digress.

You already have a copy of Tekken five!!!! :shock: oh yeah... your not in the United Kingdom... lol well, keep playing and enjoying the game man... I am sure additional excitement is to come as you might think about mastering every character, getting all the high scores in all the modes, and then kick the crap out of all who challenge you (but still no one can challenge me :twisted: )

If you are interested in the game, Death by Degrees... I suggest you look for Previews and reviews on the game before buying it... it does look ok... but nothing to a certain extent... original, and nothing out of the ordinary about has been mentioned... nothing exclusive from other games... like when TECMO/Team Ninja took Ryu Hayabusa and made him in his own game... the game had a style of it's own... a fast paced genma onimusha kind of game... and this Death by Degrees game looks somewhat out dated from what I have seen so far but everyone has their own taste and opinions...

Your friends do? lol Okay then... I'd hate to think of what they do when they play dead or alive three/ dead or alive ultimate... and I don't want to know what they would do with Dead or alive extreme beach volleyball lol you know i'm only messing right... well at least it makes the game more fun lol in some sort of... a unique way lol...

Quote:
Ehhh... Tekken's alright, but I prefer the Soul Blade/Soul Calibur series, myself.

As I said before... everyone has their own taste and each are unique and very much respected by me and most other gamers out there... I agree that the latest Soul Calibur was great... I have only played the Xbox version and think that the game rocks!!! The playstation two version has heihachi mishima as a playable character which would be fun for you tekken fans who has never played using heihachi with a weapon lol but I prefer Spawn in any case so I think I will stick with the Xbox version... Heihachi wears those AWFUL japanese style pants thing... Dipers are they? lol well no matter what they are, they look terrible... in a humorous sort of way...lol I do like the thought of playing as Links from the Zelda series on the gamecube... but anyway... back to the topic... Tekken...

Still waiting for tekken five to come out here and own the charts... for a short while lol... too bad the game isn't online... so I could meet you fighting game lovers and face you all... I am power made flesh, feel how weak you truly are!!! (Especially you Lord Bishop Black Fang... I look forward to finishing you!!! :twisted: )

JNX out
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh...that sucks having to wait so long. On the topic of having Heihachi as a ps2 exclusive, I thought that they could of given us someone better fitted, or someone who had a weapon (such as Shion from Xenogears, or Kunimitsu from Tekken) I just felt abused when the GC and X-Box got better exclusives then us...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I started out with Tekken 2 also. I didn't get really into it until Tekken Tag, but unlike most people I didn't hate Tekken 4. I stopped playing a few years ago (once I discovered Guilty Gear) but I'll probably start up again. Lucky for me a nearby mall has Tekken 5. Does anyone know what exactly those cards are that you can use on the arcade machine?

JNX wrote:

Death by Degrees is a game based on Nina Williams... the idea is like Ninja Gaiden where they take a fighting character and make their own game for that particular character in this case... the game doesn't look that good...

Actually, Ninja Gaiden is way older than Dead or Alive, I think it was originally on the NES. Ryu Hayabusa is originally from Ninja Gaiden, the makers of DOA just decided to stick him in their game.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, how come Tekken 5 doesn't have a recording system where you can record matches like in Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 4? Tekken 5 sucks without the match-recording feature. :(
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never played Tekken 1 also, just when ever I went to find it I never could as it was pretty old. So in the end I did not bother and Just got Tekken 2. I liked it a lot and had a good time playing through the various characters, and liked the good story element the game had. Plus all the movies you got to see were pretty cool back in the day and gave good background into each of the characters. So Tekken 2 started it all for me.

Tekken 3 was even better IMO, as it basically improved on Tekken 2 even more with added features and still included the great movies I liked. For this game I really started learning all the combos and special moves for pretty much every character and got pretty good if I do say so myself (which I do). But for Tekken 2 I didn't use any skill and just button-mashed. If I went back and played it now I would have no trouble fighting the real way.

Even though when I first bought my PS2 ages ago at it's launch and Tekken Tag seemed really good and looked better than all the others, I sort of forgot about it and gave it a miss. It was a fun game to play and all the game shops though where they had it on display for customers. I versed my friends a few times there and that was enough. So for this game are there still good storylines for all the characters and good movies? If so I would probably add it to my collection someday just for them, and since it would be dirt cheap by now.

I loved Tekken 4 as it had been a long time since I had played Tekken 3 and the graphics were simply tenfold in greatness. The storylines and movies were even better, which always get me hooked to any game. I liked how you could use the backgrounds a bit to hurt your opponents and such, though they are not as good or innovating as those employed in the Dead or Alive series, but that is another story. I don't know why a lot of people did not like Tekken 4, I though it was superb when compared to the rest of the series before it.

I have yet to purchase Tekken 5, but if it is anywhere as good as what I thought of Tekken 4 than there should be no problems. So once again I ask will my wanting for good character stories/backgrounds and movies still be delivered in this game? That is all I will need for me to enjoy this game. Oh and what about the graphics, do they improve on Tekken 4's already great graphics? Either way I am glad the Tekken series is still doing great and should promise further great installments.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I adore the Tekken series. I've been playing ever since the first one graced my hometown's arcade...Kazuya was cute, so I decided to play him, and well...it kinda grew on me from there. It was one of the reasons I even bought a playstation (remember when the games used to come in those huge cases and not the tiny CD inserts?). I played Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 a lot - they were my favorite fighters, and I loved the fact the game was mostly based on skill. Tekken 3 was a good game but I didn't play it nearly so seriously - they'd killed off all my favorite characters and I didn't really like the new generation as much. I kind of ignored TTT and T4 at first, but once I realized characters I actually liked were in them, plus the new T3 playing style, I quickly caught up. ^_^; Tekken 5 is my crack, now.

Favorite characters:

Kazuya Mishima - The man with the plan and the purple smoking jacket. Interesting character, fun to play as, fun to watch. Now, if only they'd restore his rightful role as central protagonist...

Jun Kazama - Love her. Love her style. Wish she wasn't dead so verrah verrah much. Hope she'll be involved in the story...somehow. (Yes, I know she's dead. However, Kazuya? Dead. Dead from LAVA. And he came back. Baek? Dead. Dead from FIGHTING GOD. And he got a retconned storyline that changed being dead to being in a coma came back. Jin? Shot in the head at POINT BLANK RAGE, yet is still walking around. If anything, Death is just a strategic barrier to overcome in Tekken.)

Lee Chaolan - 3 cheers for Tekken's unrepentant opportunist & snappy dresser extrodinare.

Christie Montiero - I think I am the only female who likes her. >_<

Death by Degrees, though? *snoozes* I'm sorry, Tekken Force is boring enough, I'm not interested in playing a full game of it. Call me when it's remotely interesting or at least stars someone I'm interested to know about.

Ayreon wrote:
About the characters Heihachi is one of my favorites char. of any game fro any console.Its a shame that in Tekken 5 he dies and reborns as a cyborg or sumthin :S

Huh? Heihachi in Tekken 5 is still almost exactly the same Heihachi as he was in Tekken 4, minus the diaper. He's no cyborg - not yet, anyway. Where on earth did you hear that?

Starslasher wrote:
And Christy is certainly very hot. But it seems that people have forgotten about Eddie Gordo.

Eddie has remained a costume for Christie throughout the time she's been in the game - and in Tekken 5, his story mode is a little different from Christie's. (Spoiler: Different intro art, and you fight Kazuya instead of ...Bruce, I think. The ending is the same though, which kind of sucks but oh well.)

JNX wrote:
The Japanese versions of Tekken three was much faster which is a good thing when you look at how slow the PAL version is and I think the NTSC version as well... also if you have noticed the ending for Nina Williams is completely different... *Spoilers*

I have the Japanese and American editions of Tekken 3 and AFAIK there is no difference in the speed between them, or if there is, it is so subtle that I didn't notice it at all. I do remember hearing the PAL version was really slow, though.

Also, that was Anna's ending, not Nina's - I remember because every single one of Anna's endings has been about getting her sister naked for some reason. :/ Anyway, you don't see anything, other than Nina's bare back.

Nina's ending is the same in both versions.

Traz wrote:
So for this game are there still good storylines for all the characters and good movies? If so I would probably add it to my collection someday just for them, and since it would be dirt cheap by now.

Fair warning: Am including examples of TTT endings, so if you want to remain unspoiled, don't read the black text.

Kind of. No character has a storyline in TTT, because it's not part of the Tekken "canon" and for some reason Namco decided not to make up storylines. But every character (except 1 - more on that in a second) has a short real-time movie after beating the arcade mode - I believe it's whatever character is chosen first that decides which movies is played, but it's been so long since I've played I'm not entire sure of that now. ^^; Most just tell you a little bit about the characters - eg, Michelle and Julia talk in the grass, Lee beats up Kazuya and Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin battle in both their endings (giving a clue towards Tekken 4, perhaps?), Jun heals Jin, etc. Some give really interesting story ideas, like In True Ogre's ending, True Ogre and Devil duke it out over Jin; True Ogre is about to kill Jin when suddenly Unknown steps in to challange him; in Devil's ending, Devil picks up Jun and flies away, etc.

Quote:
I don't know why a lot of people did not like Tekken 4, I though it was superb when compared to the rest of the series before it.

Too few new characters, boring locales, and the lack of plot resolution from T3 for many characters were reasons I heard tossed around a lot. However, I suspect the true reason people didn't like it was because they were disapointed it didn't chance the status quo much - It was pretty much TTT with better graphics. Tekken always jumped over the bar leaps and bounds, and every game has been radically different - Tekken 2 was faster, had better graphics, new music, and brought in new characters and expanded on the styles of old characters; Tekken 3 was a LOT faster, a lot graphically prettier, advanced the plot 20 years, brought in almost an entirely new cast, new sound, new style, etc. Tekken 4...Didn't do much other than knock the cast down from TTT (unavailable, but it still hurts in comparison because there isn't as much variety in Tekken 4 as there was in any previous Tekken), change one character's costume (Eddie->Christie), and bring in 3 new styles (Marduk - Vale Tudo, Jin - a different form of Karate, Steve - Boxing). Of the characters left, there was little improvement to their style, and it was very easy to master them in about a week - honestly? I've been basically playing the same Kazuya Mishima for about 10 years now. Granted, my technique has changed as the game gets moe complex, but ...it's still the same style, and it's still more or less the exact same playing technique.

I actually like Tekken 4 a lot (KAZUYA AND LEE ARE BACK!) but I can see why others don't.

Quote:
I have yet to purchase Tekken 5, but if it is anywhere as good as what I thought of Tekken 4 than there should be no problems. So once again I ask will my wanting for good character stories/backgrounds and movies still be delivered in this game? That is all I will need for me to enjoy this game. Oh and what about the graphics, do they improve on Tekken 4's already great graphics.

If you liked Tekken 4, you will more than likely like Tekken 5.

For a fighting game, the stories in Tekken 5 are pretty good. One caveat: It helps if you like Jin. Jin pretty much monopolizes the game. Ok, two caveats: It helps if you like Jin, and if you want a lot of plot resolution from Tekken 4, you'll be a bit disapointed because there isn't much. (For example, the resolution of Nina's storyline concerning Steve is "Nina learned that Steve Fox was her son...But she felt nothing." ) But the stories that are there are fairly good, and the story mode is done much better than Tekken 4's - not only are the lush illustrations back, but you've also got fights that are related to the story - you'll get a little cutscene before and after them. The endings are incredibly well done CG. Just as good as the intro if not better.

As far as graphics...They're beautiful. A bit improved over Tekken 4 and on par with anything else out there. I've said this before and I've been embaressed over it, but I honestly do believe it so I'll say it again - I don't think graphics can get much better than this.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tekken was always a favorite og mineJin Kazama & Paul are awesome.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, how come Tekken 5 doesn't have a match-recording feature like in Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 4? I would like to be able to record my matches in Tekken 5...... :cry:
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea, Beethoven4567, but I can tell you that I miss it as well. I always loved being able to record matches in Tekken 4, and thought it was a great feature.

Kind of surprised they left it out, actually.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to have overlooked the match-recording feature. I didn't notice it in Tekken 4. Well, shame on me, i suppose. But that hopefully shouldn't damage the Tekken 5 experience. Hopefully, i'll get it one day!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the good amount of info there Sophita, as you know I just purchased Tekken 5 so in a couple of weeks when my order arrives I shall be enjoying myself playing what I should think will be another great Tekken installment, and I did really like Tekken 4 so as you said I don't doubt I will like Tekken 5 just as much, maybe even moreso but we shall see.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Tekken. I think it's the king of all fighting games. I especially like Heihachi and yoshimitsu. i haven't gotten tekken 5 yet but did heihachi really became a cyborg. i know he'll die but i didn't know he'll become a cyborg...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh I love tekken..... I won quite the cash playing tekken tag with my unbeatable gun jack/pual or gun jack/ beak teams. I've already beatin all of tekken 5 also. if you ask me it's way better then tekken 4 even the new people you can fight with are pretty diverse. I would have to say my most loved people to hurt others now would be 1. jack 5 2. beak 3. paul 4. raven 5. old man wang
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: