Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Budehuc Castle's future...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Budehuc Castle's future... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay. Now we know that Budehuc belongs to Thomas (and whoever follows in his bloodline) until 675. I've been wondering how well the castle will do during that time.

Another questions is how long it will take before the castle's master begins to feel more like a master and less like a friend. It won't happen to Thomas, and he probably will work to prevent it in his children. But afterwards?

My, I hope I make sense, I'm not sure... :oops:
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least their financial problems should be solved now that the troubles with the Zexens are sorted out. And since it`ll become known as the headquarters of the Fire Bringer, lots of people will probably come to see it, or open shops there.

It`s really impossible to predict the personalities of his decendants many generations down the line, but don`t the Karayans formally own the castle? Being a True Rune bearer, Hugo should still be around in 675, and he`ll probably remember his friend Thomas and force his decendants to behave if need be. :)

On a related note...I wonder if he`ll still be chief of the Karaya tribe at that time or if they`ll want to replace him at some point. Maybe he`ll become and advisor or something instead...having the same leader for 200 years isn`t very healthy for a community. That makes me think...for all we know, Thomas might acquire a True Rune of his own in S5, solving the problem entirely.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Hugo will eventually left Karaya on his own. I mean, staying in the same village for 200 years sound pretty boring, and you get pretty tired having to watch all the people you know die of old age one by one.
Staying in one place for too long would also mean exposing the True Rune to more danger of falling into the wrong hand.

After all, old heroes are obstacles to a new age. I dont think Hugo would stay as the chief for 200 years.

As for Budehue Castle, it will do fine. Afterall, it was the headquarter of the fire bringers, and they saved the world. If anything, it made for a good tourist spot.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't imagine Hugo staying the cheif of the Karaya clan for more than 200 years either. Unless of course 1 of two things happen. Either the Karayan clan will grow and become a near seperate nation in Grasslands; perhaps even an unwritten governing body of the Grasslands, anyway, if that happened, it would become more likely that he would stay around Karaya and the Grasslands as there would always be new people and new adventures.

Or if Karaya simply dwindled away, clan members starting families with other nations and clans, or the bloodlines simply died out. I can't see this happening, but lots of clans can get wiped out unforunately.

I think Hugo's biggest loss would be when his mother and Fubar die. Fubar is like a brother, albiet a really big, feather brother, but a brother none-the-less. And his mother, well...that's his mother really ^_^

Thomas on the other hand, I can't really imagine him finding a true rune. I know it would solve everything perfectly, but he never seems the type to desire a true rune. He is a very succesful castle master, but even the most succesful masters can have hideous offspring who ruin the blood line. Regardless of whether Hugo knew Thomas or not, I doubt the child would have to listen to him, further bringing ruin to Budehuc Castle.

All that being said, I'd find it unlikely that Budehuc would fail now. It has a fair amount of shops, uniqueness and charm about it. Zexens and Grasslands like it both. I think in the years to come, it would serve as a meeting place between nation representatives of the 6 Clans and Zexen. As Budehuc is nutural, that would seem to be the most obvious saving grace for the castle.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Budehuc will probably prosper on as an active, bustling castle town like any other well to do cities...
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that Thomas would let his children ruin things. He's worked too hard - we players know just HOW hard :wink: - to leave the reins to those he wouldn't trust. Given that he'd probably have several children over the years - as it often happened in the middle-ages/renaissance times - He'd probably be careful to chose the one who'd continue being the castle master in the same spirit he started it.

About who would own the land, I think it'd eventually be given to Thomas by Hugo - with Chris's help as Knight Captain, the three would probably work on the land around Budehuc to be free land belonging to Thomas. Even if they don't do it - which I doubt - the castle would still actually belong to Thomas's family until 675 because of the 'lease'. After 200 years, I think people would simply see Thomas' descendants being rulers there as a fact of life. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: