Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenogears Greatest Hits Copy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Xenogears Greatest Hits Copy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it around in your area? I just bought a copy of mines last Saturday night at Fred Meyer.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, can you flesh this topic out a bit? It's not exactly discussion material as is.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, if they did release a Greatest Hits of it, I'll buy it (since I currently have no copy). But, I heard they re-released it about a year ago. Why are they making a Greatest Hits of a PSX game now?

^Actual quote!
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there was a Greatest Hits release of Xenogears a year or two ago. Every now and then I see one for sale at a local store, but they're not dreadfully common. The same with Vagrant Story.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arrg I've been looking for a Xenogears GHs. Apparently Xenosaga is a GH title, and I stupidly bought it at EB for 31 bucks when it's down to 19.

I've been trying to find gears for awhile. Cannot find it for the life of me. The only copies circulating in my game store seem to be Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story (which I snatched up for the hell of it), and FF something or other. I need Xenogears ;_; I've been trying to find the old PSX titles before they become too rare.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Yeah, there was a Greatest Hits release of Xenogears a year or two ago. Every now and then I see one for sale at a local store, but they're not dreadfully common. The same with Vagrant Story.

Both of which are terribly unfortunate. Those two games are truly excellent, yet they're nearly impossible to find at local gaming stores.... I hope Xenosaga will eventually be able to reach the level of wonderful storytelling and excitment that Xenogears has acheived. So far it's got the story telling, it just needs a little more excitement. -_-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....I still haven't played either of them. I can't find them even at used game stores....
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

punchdoll wrote:
....I still haven't played either of them. I can't find them even at used game stores....

This is the point I'd take it to Ebay, or an online shop, Xenogears is a turly brilliant game, and even if you don't like to shop online (I know I don't) this game is realllllly worth it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are at least 2-3 copies of Xenogears usually in the used game section at the E.B. where I live. *shrug* I would check there, but if that doesn't work out, There is always e-bay.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very true, and like Gil-galad, I HATE shopping online. The last game I got offline ended up being one of the worst games I've played since King's field.
I'm sure I'll find a copy of either of them some day. I'm patient.
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh I dont see how people are brand new to great games like Xenogears or Suikoden, that is rediculous, I start to actually think people live under rocks. I've had my copies of Suikoden I, II, III when they first came out. Same with Xenogears, that game is one of the best. Heh I love how you can put in the making of Lunar disc and throw in Xenogears to look at all the pretty movie clips. :D
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anamanaguchi, lots of people have just gotten into gaming or RPGs long after those games were released. Both were fairly low on the hype meter, so it's quite likely that a lot of people just ...didn't notice them. It doesn't make them bad videogame players or ridiculous. If anything, you should be glad, as the new blood is what often drives a fandom and keeps it alive.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you guys ever asked if they had it in the back? It's not enough checking the stands because most of the time, it's not availiable in the store. It's usually in the back room, which was where I found mine. I'm not sure why they do that, but that's how it worked in the game store I found it in.

It's odd, though. when I bought the game with Suikoden 1, the total price was 45 dollars, but he said "I'll give it you you for 30 bucks cash". I did, but I'm not sure why he did this? When games are out for literally years, do the people in game stores automatically own them? I don't see why he gave me that deal unless I'm missing something. Not that I'm complaining though, I mean both still had their original covers and manuals. That should have cost me much more.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears is a great RPG that I almost missed playing back in the day because it didn't get released in Europe along with some other RPG classics.

But fortunately a friend of a friend had it and gave it to my friend and my friend gave it to me (to play).

After all that time I was aching to have the game in my collection and I asked my friends friend and now sort of my friend to sell it to me.

It took some negotiating and 60 bucks but the original copy I played all those years ago (I make it sound like a century had passed) was finally mine.

I still haven't found the time to re-play it since then but I will soon enough.

Anyway because this is getting off topic let me tell you about the Greatest Hits.

Well not much to say really you can find the Greatest Hits version of Xenogears and other old PS1 RPG's for $16-20 on ebay and despite what you think of buying online if you can't find a copy in a shop near you then as others have already said Xenogears is definitely worth it.

Good luck finding it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: