Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

FFVII... remake? Is it really true this time?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: FFVII... remake? Is it really true this time? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I downloaded that FFVII opening that was re-rendered to show the capabilities of the PS3, and let me tell you, it is reeaaly a sight to see. ^^ But some are saying it's a large amount of evidence pointing toward the remake they've been wanting for a long time now. Lots of FF fans have been kinda frustrated with SE's some 4 FFVII realted side games...

I'd be much more happy replaying FFVII in a much more beautiful environment, then playing through some odd FPS side game starring Vincent... meh.

Who knows, SE has done some weird things concerning FFVII lately, so it's hard to really tell what they're up to now...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it might be a remake of 7. if not, then maybe its a sequel (one of many ff7 sequels. i saw it, but i just wan't impressed with it, or anything from e3 his year.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A link would have been nice! Heh, anyway I guess I'll just go search for it now and have a peek if possible.

*Googles "FFVII PS3"*

Found it at http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/media.html uses the orange text link to check it out, if you press the green button it prompts you to sign up.

Anyway maybe it was the poor sized version I looked at but while nice, I didn't find it particularly mind blowing. I honestly doubt it's going to be re-released, it had it's time and it's served square-enix well, seems no need for it to me.

I doubt it would be for a sequel, I mean it simply shows a minute long intro sequence from the original game...I'd think if they were going to do a sequel they'd come out with new footage and E3 would be the ideal platform to release that information through. People love big news at E3 time. Thems just my opinions on it anywho, who knows I could be spectacularly wrong and they could be remaking it, adding a sequel to it a week later, that'd show me.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no remake.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Square-Enix is not going to have a remake of Final Fantasy VII. At least, that's what's been stated officially. The trailer that was shown at the E3 is simply a Technical Demo for the PS3 as stated above. So don't count on a remake. As for the FFVII-related games which are part of the "Final Fantasy VII Compilation", I agree that Square-Enix is really milking the FFVII cow for all it's worth and could possibly spoil the game in general.

But I'd say that the one who holds the fate of all the other related games at the moment is Advent Children. If Advent Children can hold it's ground then maybe the other games just might be able to cut it. I kinda like the idea of Crisis Core though, I've always been curious about Zack and more on how he was like. So, I'm up for playing Crisis Core. Problem is, it's on PSP. :cry:
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not a remake, just a tech demo to show what the PS3 can do (And it's very nice indeed) and to tease all the people that want a FF7 remake. Since PS3 has the cabability to play the original (PS1) then they won't make a remake, only if the newest system CAN'T play the original will they remake it.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems like things are covered.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: