Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III's title song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III's title song Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The title song to Suikoden III. What language is it in? My first instinct was Japanese, but that doesn't quite seem right. I've heard some people say that it's a made-up language. Anyone have any idea?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a made-up language that several people have assumed to be Sindarin. It is most definatly NOT Japanese as anyone who can actually speak the language will tell you. You'll find that most who claim it as Japanese cannot speak a word of it themselves while those who accept it as a fictional language often have some grasp of it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

after hearing more songs with similar chants from Himekami I started to think they are actual chants used by indigenous tribes, not one in particular but many tribes...as some of the songs sound alot like chants/songs warriors would sing before going into battle...or one before a sacrifice...and theres a couple that sound like my native tongue of Khmer (not saying it is tho)...

but until Konami/Himekami comes out and say what the chants are...its prolly just gibberish. 8)

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could be a language Konami made up for the Suikoden world.... Maybe.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

J.R.R. Tolkien invented an entire language for his books, so this kind of thing isn't unprecedented. Thanks for confirming that.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tolkien made more than one language. He had a lot of time on his hands. :wink:

I totally loved that opening. As for the song, I doubt it is a language at all, just random musical sounding syllables.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Suikoden already does have another language - the Sindar language has been written and translated. (Look in the Suikoden languages thread for more info there.) We know Zexen has it's own language, too, and the Lizard clan at least has it's own dialect (One of the lizards (Dupa, I think) delivering the peace treaty meeting message to Chris; very few understand what he means), etc. It's not unlikely that the language is a grassland chant or whatnot in the game's world.

Of course, in ours, it's just gibberish (FOR NOW :wink: :mrgreen: ).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be cool if they could give us some lyrics. I know its not Japanese, heck I had a friend that tryed to tell me "One winged angel" was sung in Japanese. I'm an idiot and I knew it was Latin.

Exceeding Love does sound like a "native" (gets killed by socologists) toung, or maybe somthing "old" (like one of them lost 20,000 year old languages)

I mean they do have lyrics, its just a matter of "getting them". somone had to of sung them, and repeting gibberish more than once for a recording isn't somthing I find likely. so the've got to of written them down, and had sung them off a paper.

so how do we devulge these words?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Well, Suikoden already does have another language - the Sindar language has been written and translated.

That's no language - only a script. It's not even a creative one, since it is just a new-look version of our alphabet.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
I had a friend that tryed to tell me "One winged angel" was sung in Japanese. I'm an idiot and I knew it was Latin.

It's actually debatable. Some of the lyrics near the end sound somewhat like "hareu no hanekata" (or something like that), rather than "glorioso generoso."

But One Winged Angel is most likely all latin.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess so, there is a site that has the lyrics to it, its just somone messed up translating one part.

besides. he bacame a terrbile god (well terrible as in affilation/side not that he does a bad job, then again...he did a terrble thing. see, terrible) with wings, it makes sence to have it be dramatic. so using Latin adds to that effect.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: