Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Luca Blight that strong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that Luca is strong in story, but not in gameplay. Even Luca is patient enough to wait around for your guys to level up before taking him on. It's an RPG rule for villains to wait like that! :lol:

But I have a different question concerning Luca. During the final war battle with Luca, you damage him once and he suddenly damages ALL of your units before laughing at you and leaving. What exactly does he DO that manages to damage all your units? All we see is everyone gasping in surprise before you see lots of swords rain down on your party, literally. Does he attack all the units on his own? Does he use some kind of hidden skill? That's always puzzled me.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wondering about that myself. What exactly did happen there? As for Luca, there's not much of a doubt that he IS in fact the strongest human being that you'd have to face in Suikoden. His whole flame sword thing reminds me of Rurouni Kenshin's Shishio Makoto. Hmm... I got wiped out multiples times before beating Luca and killing him, then I suddenly remembered the Fire Sealing Rune I got. So, I attached it, levelled a bit and I was able to bring him down for good.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no doubting that Luca is an insanely strong person. The fact that he is shot about twenty times is enough to prove that, since one arrow is enough for most people. Add to that the fact that he either defeated or fought to a standstill eighteen of the most prominent warriors in Jowston and the guy is monumental. And then, even after that, he gets pelted by MORE arrows, finally being brought down by the leader of the Jowston forces. That says enough to me right there. There are similar precedents, but nothing quite the same. We have Flik getting shot once in Suikoden I and he seems the worse for wear from it, but still manages to get out. However, he wasn't fighting the best warriors in the Empire, wasn't shot twenty times, and didn't have all of these troops pursuing him alone. If you think about it, most of the Scarlet Moon Empire soldiers probably just tried to get out and left Flik and Viktor alone.

I think that what makes Luca strong is more than just his considerable physical ability. It is his will that made him into the monstrous fighter that he is. He is so single minded in his pursuit of retribution. From childhood, all that he wanted was revenge against Jowston. Nothing that anyone says or does alters his course in the slightest. This sort of single minded pursuit of something can make a person far more than they could be normally, and I think this is what happened to make Luca so strong. It weakened him in other ways though, as he was so focused on the one goal that he didn't notice those within his own camp plotting his downfall.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The facts do point in the direction of him being ridiculously strong and I personally would not have it any other way. I beleive that Luca made that game. It would have been a great game without Luca being that way but he was PERFECT and pretty much the reason that Suikoden II is my favorite game.
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read some where probably suikosource that Luca Blight was ment to be the strongest Person in the suikoden world so yea Luca was that damn strong the whole scene with him taking on Flik/Viktors/Hero2's teams and still surviving shows this.

And yea Luca did make Suikoden 2 it was insane i hated him so much and wanted to bring him down so badly and when i did he still didnt care he acts as if he doesnt have any regrets for slaughtering thousands. I love him now.

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally cant be bothered custom fitting every single character and levelling up so many just to fight Luca. I have died more than once fighting him and generally both my first 2 parties get wiped out.

I really enjoy this battle - surely one of the best and most intense RPG boss fight's I've played through. Luca is a monster and there are no characters in the suikoden world that could stand solo against him.

Hail - King of Highland! :D

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep Luca is strong... No human would be able to defeat him in a one-on-one duel.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is true, well, unless it is Luca Vs. Luca, but that won't ever happen.

I think that he is the strongest Suikoden person in any games. He is the one that you can't wait to get rid of, except for the tiny fact that he is at least 10x stronger then you. Of course, once you get rid of him, there is a lot of celebration, in the game and in real life....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: