Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Memorable Fight(s) In An RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*SPOILERS FOR SHADOW HEARTS, FATAL FRAME II, AND SILENT HILL 2*

Shadow Hearts - When you fight psycho!Yuri, and the end-of-game boss as well.
Fatal Frame II - Fighting... Akane and Ayame, I think their names were? They had the creepiest voices. And it wasn't just them. Chisato, Miyako, and Sae... now that I think of it, all the bosses were memorable in one way or another. They were just too creepy. ;-;
Silent Hill 2 - The last boss battle against 'Mary/Maria.' Mostly because of the pre-battle cutscene and the way Maria goes from hot and sexy to... well... *shiver*...
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2: the death of Luca Blight was amazing... No video game has ever given me that amount of satisfaction from defeating a boss prior to or after Suikoden 2. Simply put, that fight was the most memorable in any game I've played.

Others that were memorable:

Final Fantasy 6: on the snow mountain where we were supposed to protect the esper. We break our team up into small groups and do a realtime strategy battle (sort of). For some reason, that battle has remained in my memory for a while... when I think about it, there's nothing really special about it *shrug*

Star Ocean 3: beating Crossell (that big dragon) into submission was great. Part of it had to do with the lead up, I remember going a bit unprepared and when I ran out of live sages (reviving stuff) I had to leave Cliff dead for the 2nd half of the dungeon crawl. But fighting a dragon (enemy) that size was very memorable... It's quite hard to dodge a 10 meter long dragon foot...

Shadow Hearts 2: Blanka's side quest where you fight various wolves around the world was great. Do they count as a battle? It was a lot of fun compared to most of the other side quests (Fed Ex quests)... The muscle man fight of 100 levels... but for all the wrong reasons.

There's probably more but those four stand out just a little bit more.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grandia:

Justin, Guido, and Rapp vs. Nana, Saki, and Mio:

A very entertaining battle with three lady generals mainly due to the fact that it was just a filler battle to show off special moves from the 6 characters. The girls also have that flashy triple tech. I think it's called "Trinity Attack" Also, Mio's very easy on the eyes. :D

Grandia 2:

Ryudo, Millenia, Roan, and Mareg vs. Aria (Valmar's Eye):

Poor girl. It's a memorable battle only because I don't remember a recent RPG that I've played where you had to destroy the soul of a little girl. She also reminds me of someone. It was a tough battle because I was under leveled.

Chrono Trigger:

Frog vs. Magus:

In my opinion, it's probably the most personal battle in any RPG. Frog has to avenge the deaths and reputation of Crono and Cyrus in addition to Magus turning him into a frog in the first place.

Star Ocean 2:

Party vs. Cyril:

I just like the music to the battle: "Incarnation of Devil". The same song plays when you fight Iseria Queen in the last level of the Cave of Trials.

Brave Fencer Musashi

Musashi vs. Kojiro:

This battle's idea was modeled after the real duel with Musashi and Ganryu (alias of Kojiro) where Musashi purposely showed up late for the duel to mess with Ganryu's concentration. The battle in the game is easy enough, but it has that rivalry vibe to help it along. You can also absorb Kojiro's unique technique.

Musashi vs. Topo:

It was an unconventional battle where you had to beat her by pressing the buttons according to a rhythmic pattern. Somewhat like Dance Dance revolution but a little different. Musashi only agrees because Topo says he can't hit girls.

Suikoden 2

3 parties vs. Luca Blight:

Greatest battle ever. Enough said. It didn't take just 3 parties; you needed Shu, a bunch of Archers and fireflies, and indirect help from Jowy and Leon to take that madman down.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy VI Final battle with Keftka
Final Fantasy VII Beating Ultima, Emerald and Ruby Weapons
Final Fantasy X All the battles versus Seymore and the Yunalesca battles. Also all the battles versus the Dark Aeons, the monster arena, Nemesis and Penance.
Suikoden I Phan versus Teo McDohl, all the major battles
Suikoden II Beating that sadastic bastard Luca Blight, putting an end to that blood sucking vampire Neclord *hums Gothic Neclord tune*
Suikoden III All the battles versus Yuber.
Star Ocean Till the End of Time battle with Albel

*i will add more as i think of them....*
Kairyu

Annihilation Unit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember some names to some people in these fights, but I remember playing it.

Final Fantasy IV: Paladin Cecil vs. Dark Knight Cecil
Kingdom Hearts: Sora vs. Sephiroth
Final Fantasy XI (online): Expeditionary Force vs. Mobs at Beastmen Banners
Final Fantasy VII: Fighting Ultima, Emerald, and Ruby Weapon
Breath Of Fire III: Ryu vs. Garr
Lunar SSS: Hero Party vs. Galleon
Lunar EB: Hero Party vs. Zophar
Dragon Force: Your chosen character of the Dragon Force vs. Last Boss (forgot name)
Final Fantasy Tactics: Your party vs. Marquis Elmdor and his 2 assassins
Suikoden: Tir McDohl vs. Teo McDohl
Suikoden 2: Riou vs. Jowy
Suikoden 3: Last Boss Fight
Suikoden 4: Hero vs. Troy (what a pointless death)
Star Ocean Till the End of Time: Battle with that giant dragon that was needed to carry some magic cannon.. (forgot name)
Phantasy Star Online: Your character vs. .... (was it Faal or Falz, don't remember either)
Phantasy Star Online Episode 2: Your character vs. Last Boss (forgot name...again)
Crono Trigger: Frog vs. Magus
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: you vs. Tonberry chefs
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Chrono Trigger:

Frog vs. Magus:

In my opinion, it's probably the most personal battle in any RPG. Frog has to avenge the deaths and reputation of Crono and Cyrus in addition to Magus turning him into a frog in the first place.

Oh, yes. I loved that fight. I hated Magus so much and that was a fight that I felt good about winning. It was a reallt hard battle though.
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As everyone else has said, the battle versus Luca Blight in Suikoden II was just awesome. The first time I played it, I really was pretty deseparate to kill that guy. It was a close thing, too... I remember how stressful the duel was because I really couldn't take any more hits from him afterwards. That is easily the most satisfying RPG boss I've ever had the joy of fighting.

Of course, Suikoden II is just full of hits. The finality of killing Neclord in Tinto (what a great backdrop for this boss battle!), the final battle against Lucia, and the duel against Jowy at the end make for some of the most immersive battles in any game.

Then, of course, there's Trance Kuja from the end of Final Fantasy IX. I can't make a list of my favorite boss battles without mentioning him, now can I? Not to mention he was the only boss in this game I actually struggled with. A little frustrating, but I didn't mind replaying the battle if only for the music. Dark Messenger is so cool. 8)
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden: Pahl/Teo duel, mostly because he kept dying at that part and I had to reset a lot. Also, Neclord's Castle, even though it was unbelievably boring.

Suikoden 2: Luca Blight of course! Jowy/Riou duel at the end too, it was pretty emotional, except the music didn't work.

Suikoden 3: Last battle. I was pretty shocked.

Chrono Trigger: The first time you enter the Guardia Forest...just random battles, but the environment is a bit unsettling.
Magus!! I remember he was totally whooping my party and only Frog and Marle were hanging by a thread

FFVII: the boss in Cosmo Canyon, the Weapons, Missing Number and RUFUS.

FFVI: The first battle in the game will always stick in my mind. Oh, and the one in a factory (in WoR), where after tons of battles down a traintrack, you suddenly fall out and you hear Kefka's synthesized laugh. Traumatizing.

Star Ocean 2: The one where the angels(?) just pound your butt one after the other without time to rest/save in Fun City (is that the name?) I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this one >_>
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy 6-Kefka fight-great fight-There is a great paradoy of that of that figh twith the psp.
Final Fantasy 4-Cecil vs. Cecil-Bad graffics, and bad engrish, doesn't get any better.
The Bards Tales-the very first fight. Just a great game all around.
The Adventure of Link-Link vs.Shadow Link
Man the list could go on, and on.
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chrono Cross - Battle against Dario.. this battle is very very cool and difficult especially thru first playthrough.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - First battle against Dante.. I was really shocked to see him come out of nowhere like that! Nocturne has to be one of the best games I have EVER played in my life. I love it.
Final Fantasy VI - Final battle with Kefka.. This was a really insane battle seeing a bunch of Kefka's insanely mixed into eachother looked just... awful but like an expected final battle in the Final Fantasy series.
Final Fantasy VII - The battle with the One Winged Angel Sephiroth.. I loved how the theme was set on him being all Godlike and the music just really set the mood, especially if he lasted long enough for him to use his Supernova. That was insane.
Final Fantasy X - Every battle with Seymour (except the last) was very dramatic, I liked the music, the entire setting, the mood, I was really scared of Seymour (stat and battlewise) That felt really cool having a creepy antogonist like that.
Well.. that is all for now. I will add more and more. Please keep this thread alive people, I want to hear all of your opinions. Remember, it doesn't matter if a certain game or battle has been mentioned, as long as it was memorable to you in a certain or special way.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for me...

Suikoden 2
Jowy / Riou vs Gorudo - He just had to die. He just had to. He deserved it anyway.
Riou & Party vs Doppleganger - Is it me, or does it ALWAYS have to attack Freed the most?
Everyone vs Luca Blight - Nuff said.

Suikoden 3
Luc vs Sasarai - A duel destined to happen.

Final Fantasy VII
Cloud / Barret vs Scorpion Robot Thing - "Hit it when it's tail is up!!!"

Final Fantasy VIII
Squall & Party vs Diablos - I wonder what Cid had in mind when he gave the lamp.

Final Fantasy X
Tidus & Party vs Seymour Flux - Of all the Seymour battles, I found this one most frustrating. He'd attack everyone and inflict Zombie then cast Life. But when I got Auron to inflict Zombie on Seymour... Yuna served Seymour his rear-end on a silver platter with his own medicine. Want fries with that?

Thousand Arms
Meis & Party vs Schmidt - After this battle... I got lost and never made it to the Dark Emperor.

Wild Arms 3
Jet & Party vs Maya & Party - The first time they battled was quite amusing.

Xenogears
Fei & Party vs Redrum-thingy - I found him veeeery disturbing.

Fata Frame II
Mio vs Broken-Neck Woman - I hate her.

I can't remember anymore...
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CastleVania - Aria of Sorrow Soma vs. Graham Jones
Woah...Graham was such an great villian I really liked that fight between the two of them.

Final Fantasy

IV

Paladin Cecil vs. Dark Knight Cecil
Fighting yourself is always pretty cool. Cecil is one of the coolest Final Fantasy Heros anyway.

VII
Cloud vs. Rufus
Everytime I play Final Fantasy 7 I'm anxious to fight Rufus because it has this duell-thing to it.

VIII
Party vs. Artemesia
Bossfights should always be great but I liked that one more than the average endbossfight.

IX
Party vs. Trance Kuja
The first time I saw Kuja I wanted to see his Tranceversion and I got the chills in this fight.

Breath of Fire II
The last Battle between the Party and God
The boss Music was great and hyped my motivation to win into never seen hights.

Breaht of Fire IV
Ryu first showing signs of the Emperordragon(Kaiserdragon ? Emperor means Kaiser in german and I can't remember the english Version...it has been to long) inside of himself. It wasn't really a fight but something like that. I got the chills down my spine when he screamed and smashed that guys into pieces...
Except for Berserk Ryu in BoFIII it was the first sign that the Emperordragon is nothing to just control...

Legend of the Dragoon
Fight with the God-Dragon
I really had low-level characters and ...damn I am proud that I last an entire Hour before beating that big-daddy-dragon.

Grandia
First time using the "Heaven and Earth"-attack. For the sake of Gadwin...

Terranigma
The entire Ghost-Town and the Endbattle
As a little kid I was really afraid of the Ghosttown. Its kinda emberassing but I don't care because they are nice memories.

Lufia 2
First fight with the Sinistral Gades.
The soundtrack of Lufia 2 is really great and when those 3 stand up to fight Gades it was really like I stand there too. Music is a really important factor in Fights.

Final Fantasy : Legends
aka. Mystic Quest - Legends
Nearly every Boss battle. The Soundtrack is Second to none. Its old but one of my absolutly favorite rpg's (It was my first rpg. I was 7 or so...you don't forget such things when you're really into it)

I know I had some rememberous Battles in my roleplaying time but I can't recall every game I played. I know if I have , when you ask me but I surely can't remember every one of them.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II:
-fighting luca blight and the beast rune.

Suikoden III:
-the battle against the guadian in the water rune ruins. it really pisses me off when one of the pillars is revived!

FFtactics:
-the battles against the zodiacs.

FFVIII:
-when fighting adel and ultima and omega weapon.
-when fighting seifer at the lunatic something and when you have odin, he appears..

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II
All vs Luca Blight (don't need to say more)

FFVIII
Adel (I've beaten her with Squall, the sole survivor, with 10 hp)

FFIX
Battles against Beatrix and Kuja

FFVI
Battles against Kefka and that robot that changes its own element

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Any battle against Mid-Boss

Arc: Twilight of the Spirits
When Kharg and Darc fought alongside in the cave of truth, didn't really seemed to happen in my mind.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most memorable one out of all the ones I do remember is the Luc vs Sarsari in the ruins in Suikoden III. Two powerful magicians battling is something I've always visualized as exciting but these two threw darts at eachother -_-. Now for the other games FFVII last battle and FFVIII the one in the intro of Squall vs Seifer how he got his scar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: