Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game/anime that make you cry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crying games and animes huh? That isn't too hard for me. I've had my fair share of those.

SPOILERS, SPOILERS, AND MORE SPOILERS

First off, I'd like to talk about my Final Fantasy Seven cry that I had. Anyone whose played through Final Fantasy Seven knows what I am about to say. I cried when Aeris/Aerith was killed by Sephiroth. The first time I saw it, I didn't care because I was a little kid. A time further in the future, I couldn't hold it in. It was a minor cry, but a cry none the less. I also shed a few tears when I listened to Cid's story about not being able to go into space. It was sad that he wasn't able to acomplish his dream.

Next, I cried while playing Final Fantasy Nine. I creid when Blank was petrified. I thought he was gone for good. I was happy when he was saved.

I cried while playing Final Fantasy Six when Cid died. It was really sad because Celes had no one else to live with. She had to leave.

I cried while watching Yu Yu Hakusho. I cried when Teguro killed you know who at the tournament. It was really sad. She was a great mentor fo Yusuke.

END SPOILERS

As you can see, I am sometimes emotional when it comes to video games. I actually get frightened sometimes. The best example of that was once when I was playing Final Fantasy Seven. I fell out of my chair when Emerald Weapon startled me. Whoops, I got off track here. Anyway, those cases above were my crying times.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, maybe I didn't cry or even shed a tear for the next anime to be mentioned.... but I was feeling pity for the characters and rather sad hehehe... the anime is called...

.Hack//Sign yeah that's right, I am talking about the first few episodes... maybe after the fifth, six or seventh episode... where the Boy is looking after that pet belonging to that girl.... the pet gets sick, and needs a special medicine to cure it... so the boy sets off the get the medicine... the rest is a spoiler but meh...

another 'kiddy' anime series I cried for... is POKEMON!!! I cried after seeing how rubbish it has become, I cried after turning my television of a few seconds after it comes on, I cry at how darn annoying and crud it has become!!! lol of course I haven't cried for it, but you know, it had a great idea, but executed it terribly... oh well, I feel sorry for the makers...

here's a different emotion, but it does have a hint of sadness in it... an anime called Berserk... as we get further and further into the anime, I was getting more and more anger fueled at what was happening and sad at how things were turning out...

JNX out
Ashitaka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All anime mack me cry but if its funney it macks me happy.lol.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GAMES:

-Suikoden 3,Luc and Sarah's death.Although did not make me cry,it did seem very tragic.Ok,ALMOST made me cry.Very tragic.

-Since i haven't beaten many games,this is about the only game that was very sad to me.

ANIMES:

-Princess Sarah:Ay,it was very sad watching her suffer.

-Nobody's Girl:THE FIRST TIME i cried for an anime.The ending was really dramatic,very touching.

-Kidou Senshi Gundam:Sleggar's death was pretty sad,he was pretty cool with the G-fighter.

-Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Destiny:The beginning scene of the battle on Onogoro was pretty scary.Really,poor Shinn.Getting your little sister's handphone that fell while you and your family were escaping the battle,only to see your whole family blown dead and bloodyby a blast.The image was really scary.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
-Princess Sarah:Ay,it was very sad watching her suffer.

-Nobody's Girl:THE FIRST TIME i cried for an anime.The ending was really dramatic,very touching.

I guess you're watching Animax, right? Princess Sarah is sad, and a very good anime, with nice ending song, but there's something about it I don't like. I just think that it exploit the tears too much, same goes with Nobody's Girl (aka. Remi).
And for some info, just to let you know, the one making little princess Sara is the one that made Little Women (the 1987 anime, not the 70s one) and Kiki's Delivery Service... and they're very good anime

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS!

Video Games

FFX- After Tidus just vanished, I cried. I was depressed a full day after that.

FFVIII- I have to agree that when Squall just charged out into space, it was so touching.

Xenosaga II- When Julie starts treating Momo like an actual daughter.

Anime

Last Exile- When they revel Moran is still alive in the ending credits, and was running with his kid.

Naruto- When have I not cried watching this. First and formost, Episode 19. If you have seen the series, you know what I am talking about. Episode 1 with Naruto being accepted. Too many parts to go over.

One Piece- Another series I often cry watching/reading. When Luffy sticks up for Nami against Arlong. When the whole crew shows the princess the X on their arms to say they will always be friends. Way to many.

Inuyasha- When they explain the whole story on how Kikyou died, and how she was falling in love with Inuyasha.

...yeah.... I've cried a lot.
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Video Games ~ WARNING! DANGER! SPOILERS AHEAD!! RAWRRR! >_<

FF VII- I cried the first time when Aeris died. I already knew it was going to happen, but seeing it for the first time...;_;

FF IX- It was a bit sad when Dagger lost her mother. *nod*

FF X - The ending...and many other parts. I still cry when I watch the ending to FFX. I cry when I listen to the MUSIC of the FFX ending. >____<;;;

BoF III - I first cried when Ryu first woke up and Teepo and Rei were gone. =( I cried again later when I had to kill Teep. Nooooooo Teepo why must you die?? ;___;

BoF IV - When Mani was sacrificed. .__. That was really sad. Since I believe that Fou-lu felt /something/ towards her. Even if only for a while. Also when Cray has to give Nina's sister the peace she wants.

Kingdom Hearts- I cry at the end. *nod* ;_;

Suikoden - Ted. ;_; Gremio. ;___;

Suikoden II - I know I cried once...but about what? ....*ponders* >_>;

Anime ~ Spoilers here too! Rawr! :B

Fushigi Yuugi - Nuriko... ;_;

Umm..I know there's more...ah well.

I'm a huge sap/cry baby. XD I'm the type who cried from overjoyment.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mekou wrote:

BoF III - I first cried when Ryu first woke up and Teepo and Rei were gone. =( I cried again later when I had to kill Teep. Nooooooo Teepo why must you die?? ;___;

Wait,didn't they both live and opened a shop in BOF 4?

[quote="Mekou]
Fushigi Yuugi - Nuriko

I'm a huge sap/cry baby. XD I'm the type who cried from overjoyment.[/quote]

Ah yes.....Fushigi Yuugi... a forgotten anime that i forgot.Isn't he the girl-looking guy?Yes....what a sad death now that i remember......;___;

Another one to mention:
Might contain spoilers.

Gundam Seed :Mwu's death...heroically defending Archangel from Dominion's cannon.....but i have a hunch that he'll return in Gundam Seed Destiny.
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

>> Wait,didn't they both live and opened a shop in BOF 4?

Actually, BOF4 was somewhat of an alternate universe. ^^ Yes, they were there, but they don't even appear until after you've beaten the game. Momo is there in Windia and sometimes she says somethnig along the lines of "I feel like I'm in the wrong place". ^^; I think those characters from BoF3 were put there just for some amusement. =)
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh wow... I'm not much of an overly emotional person. But there are those scenes which are just too much to ignore. Just in case... I'll put a spoiler warning.

**SPOILER**

Anime: Vandread - The 2nd Stage
::: It was just really sad when Shirley died. She was suffering and all Bart could do was tell her stories of their travels. And how her last thoughts were focused on getting that rag doll of Bart finished. T__T

Anime: Boys Be...
::: I was really sad when Sayama was left waiting by Kyoichi. It wasn't fair for Kyoichi to just leave a girl like Sayama waiting like that! It's not proper that he make a girl so sad. IMO, he shoulda picked Sayama instead of Chiharu.

Game: Suikoden
::: Yes, Ted & Gremio's deaths were very saddening. Especially the way that Gremio had to die.

Game: Suikoden II
::: Nanami's death makes me want to strangle Gorudo over and over again! Grr...

Game: Suikoden III
::: Luc & Sarah's death was one of the saddest moments in my history of gaming. Luc died. Died? Or perhaps he just returned to Leknaat. Though I wish for the latter. Still! How could he just die like that?! And his ever-so-faithful Sarah was there to comfort him at his time of demise.

Game: Final Fantasy Tactics
::: I've hated that bastard Algus from the day he entered the party but I completely despised him when he killed Teta. It's not right!

Game: Final Fantasy X
::: Ah yes... The ever famous scene when Tidus fades out of existence. Yuna just passed through him and they couldn't do anything about it.

**END OF SPOILER**
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG yes.....sad sad sad. though some games I haven't played. its nice to see we all agree, though I had an evil kick and didn't really care for Areith. Heck I made my friend watch that scene, I also made him watch whats-his-face from HIghlander (the series) get wacked when duncan went bonkers.

I got the bad ending in S4. I don't know what those white things floating around were. flower petals?

tactics was tragic on so many levels, Teta's death, the Ending, somone else died I liked. MY friend killed my favorite Whitemage. I got so totly attached to him. I wish I dind't care. It sucks being human. I can't even recall his name.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I've ever cried over a game, but I have had feelings of sadness over the characters and what have you. Especially in the series that shall not be named.

VII - Aeris's death. Already discussed to death. Also at near the end of the game when Cloud realizes that he's nothing special, but he'll fight Sephiroth alone if he has to. Then he and Tifa sleep outside the airship thinking it will be the last time they're ever together. *sigh*

VIII - I absolutely love the scene in the Ragnarok with Squall and Rinoa, and the subsequent scene when they land and Rinoa is taken away. I also love the orphanage part where Squall says to himself "If you are a sorceress, I will be your knight". It's just sad that he's the leader of SeeD and he's in love with the one who he is meant to kill. And I've said this before: the ending of VIII is the most satisfying ending to a game I've ever felt. Particularly Laguna at Raine's grave and Squall-Rinoa on the balcony. *sigh*

X - When Operation Mi'ihen is foiled and Tidus is walking past the dead Crusaders. He then charges Sin without thinking and that sad music is playing the whole time. Also when Tidus learns that Yuna will die at the end of the Pilgramage in Al Bhed's Home, it nearly broke my heart. From there to the end of the game there was a different perspective to the game. The confrontation with Yunalesca in Zanarkand was also quite powerful. *sigh* This game is bashed sometimes, but it truly has some serious drama.

Illusion of Gaia - When Hamlet jumps into the fire to feed all those starving people, it was funny at first then really sad. I felt bad for laughing the first time I played through.

Vandal Hearts - The end of the game where Eleni thinks Ash is dead, but then she hears the familiar song he played before on the flute, and she runs off. You never actually see Ash again in the game, but it was quite touching.

That's it for now.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never cried over a game or anime, but i came close a few times.

anime: the final 4 or 5 eps. of "AIR" really got me.
also "voices of a distant star" is anime that uses emotions brilliantly, and it made me feel the characters pain. (the best independent anime i've seen!)

game: the ending of ff-x is another that almost got me.
finally, shenmue. i'm not going to give away the game, but it was when nozomi was crying in the park towards the end of the game. and i still don't know why i even got a little emotional during that seen because it wasn't that sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anime:
Ghost fighter/yuyu hakusho
when eugene's mentor died

Game:
suikoden II
-the kiba scene that everyone's talking about
-the nanami scene
-ridley's death

didn't cry, just felt sad... :(

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well no game made me cry but i was shocked and saddened with alot of incidents that have occured during my playthroughs of many RPG's, mainly,

Final Fantasy VII *spoiler*When Sephiroth kills Aerith*spolier*
Suikoden I *spoiler*When Greimo dies*spolier*
Suikoden II *spoiler*The whole Nanami scene near the end of the game.*spolier*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: