Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kika's Falcon Rune
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always pictured Roundier a woman. But that's from the Tabula Rasa Roundier SARS created. Probably the reason why I think the Falcon Rune comes from a True Rune. I like the sound of the Peregrin Rune.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peregrin has always been a cool looking word. But.....it's an adjective.....no? I mean Falcon's a bird, this is true. But Peregrin is a type of Falcon.....Ah well.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe theres a Queens Rune or something to that extent that is possesed by the Queen of Faleena that she uses to produce Falcon Runes that can only be held by women. I mean its a mother rune afterall so why not let women have them? Also, the Crimson Phoenix Clan is about a Phoenix. Traditionally a type of mythological bird, as many of you are already aware. Idon't know but I have a strong suspicion that these Falcon Runes and the Phoenix Runes are all from the Quendom of Faleena.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should have called it something like Falcon Skill, or something similar. Konami should've thought about naming skills that only 1 person can use, that should've thought about that more. :P

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roundier Haia gives the graduates of his fencing academy the Falcon Runes, and it is said that he himself creates them, but never is it said that he invented them himself, or that he is the only person that knows how to make them, as far as I know. I'm sure SARSadmin can clear this up, since I remember reading about the creation of Falcon Runes from a post he made in the past.

Kika most likely got the rune from her pre-piracy days.

Unfortunately since the characters of Suikoden 4 lack any history, personality, depth, or complexity on ANY scale, we will never know.

^Actual quote!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Unfortunately since the characters of Suikoden 4 lack any history, personality, depth, or complexity on ANY scale, we will never know.

Cray, Elenor, and Lino had no depth? SNOWE had no complexity? That's a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, onto my point.

I was actually working on a theory that all combat runes descend from on true combat rune, something like "True rune of the battle god" only not quite as lame. The revelation that Roundier Haia creates combat runes has only deepened this belief of mine. It's my opinion that Roundier Haia has some sort of true battle rune that enables him to be a masterful warrior, giving him the ability to train students such as Valeria, Anita, and in my farfetched imagination, Kika. THis would also make it more than feasible that he could create runes, if he had a mastery of the true rune. So who's to say (besides Konami) that Roundier Haia does not possess the "true rune of the battle god"?

Anyone think that's a good theory?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV teaches us that runes appear as tattoos on the bearer. True they have special power within them, but there is a chance that this falcon -rune- is a tattoo given to those that master the falcon style of fencing.

A lot of old asian beleifs say that a great martial artist has such control over their hands that they are also great calligraphers... Perhaps this applies to masters like Haia and LC Chan.

As for who created the falcon style... well its hard to tell, perhaps Kika created it and was the first and true master of the style ( hence 3x damage not 2x ). Roundier Haia perhaps heard of Kika's prowess in battle and created a school to study and try to attain the power Kika once possessed. Then again this is all wild assumption.

( A complete parallel but it may help explain... )

If you ever watched Ranma you may remember Ryoga met that old man in the woods who drew a smiley in permanent ink on his stomach - which in turn made him more powerful than anyone else. It could be a similar philosophy, but is more likely that -runes- like White Tiger and Falcon / Phoenix are worn -as- runes without granting any special power.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't think it's a rune at all - it's just listed as such for gameplay purposes, like Harukaze said. Consider Millie's Groundhog rune - it's not really a rune, it's her groundhog Bonaparte on her arm.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno but ...
When I look at it many of the command-runes have names of animals or creatures.
Like "Falcon-rune" or "Boar-rune" or "Boronda Hawk-rune"
Maybe thats givin us some little Details about a true rune and the origin of those runes Valeria and the others are posessing.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always thought of command runes as skills. And that the feasibility of it being just a simple rune that unlocks their skills might be true. Harukaze may be right that these command runes are just for the skills as a gameplay purpose.

The Falcon rune could be just a techniqu that their mentor taught them and has manifested into a rune that is unique only to them and becomes permanent. That could be a reason... for their existance...

But then, I'm gonna have to ask about the other skill runes that are for sale... But since it's only applicable to some party members that can use the weapon adjacent to the rune, it could be said that command runes are just crystals that unlock and intensify the person's skills of that weapon. It's all in the affinity.

I have no clue of the origin of these crystals though. I wonder why they even made it as a buyable item when it was just a skill... But that's how some games are.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then what of the clone rune? Is it a REAL rune, or just a skill? It's a combat manuever, yet it's applicable to any character (I think)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clone rune only works on two handed swordsman.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Molotov

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

odd i thought i posted something here about the falcon rune :(. tis gone poopp
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: