Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Voice Acting in S4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, he did sound like Wynn. I'm not sure either though.

Also, it may just be my Canadian pride clouding my ears, but did Colton (Who had a very good voice choice, in my opinion) sound like that Canadian great, Leslie Nielsen, doing a gravelly deeper voice than usual? =o
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Colton to me sounded like that guy who was the dean in Animal House. What the hell is his name????

ELiTE SHiNoBi WaRRioRS

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

voice acting has been a new thing on suikoden 4, but it certainly is a nice attempt to incorporate this feature. it certainly can use more practice and the emotions and tone portrayed by the characters in the English language doesn't match the tone portrayed in the Japanese one. i'm fluent in japanese and watching shows and anime in both english and japanese clearly shows my point.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:

Viki sounded like Janice from the Muppets. I pictured her voice to be more like Rita's ... high and squeaky. She sounded stoned.

I think Viki sounded fine. Could have used little work, but it still sounded fine. The confused tone is still there so it's good.

Lino and Glenn had the best voices in the whole game. I definitely agree with that. The both sounded so professional. They were done by some of the best, after all.

Jeane's voice was decent enough to hear. Though she was flirting too much, it sounded fine. Kika's was well done as well. That seemed to have been done by a professional. Noah seemed to have been voiced by the same actress who played Peppita in SO3... Rita also sounds very familiar... similar to the one who played Mistral in .//hack.

Chiepoo's voice wasn't that scary. But i would have changed it anyway because it was annoying. Snowe's was also somewhat toned in a way, but still it was good. Too bad the hero doesn't have a real dialogue... with a voice...

All in all, the voice acting was very satisfatory. Still livable by my standards. It also doesn't hinder the game play.. I'm wondering if any of us could try an voice act in the next Suikoden? It's gonna be hard to find the large cast needed for all of them anyway... I'm guessing that Tara Charendoff Strong could be in there as well. I wonder if she was hired? Oh well, we'll have to see...

Molotov

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i wasnt really happy of there voice acting cause it was odd when they talk so long then they ask u a question, your hero just stays quiet like he doest talk. I think they should have add voice 2 a hero when ever u choose a sentence for him 2 talk too. He can use his voice 2 act either of the 2.

It was really odd thought with some of the voices had no emotion or anything there sorta like a talking dead person. Hopfully in the future they add some really good voices and more acting.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's hope that does happen... Some of their voices are really very monotone and not that skillfully done. But Konami has to take into account, how much membory that will consume. We're gonna have to hope they do something about it... But as of now... we can't really say...

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, if Wing Commander can shoot footage for a game that would a movie three times over [just don't get me started on the actual movie, lest you wish to join me in bashing it heartily or die by my wrath: your choice], and fit that on *thinks* what amounts to the same amount of disk space as a DVD, or less [six CDs for Wing Commander IV, I think it was, but only four for Wing Commander III], then Konami can pretty damn easily fit a little extra voice acting - audio, no video! - on a single DVD game.

Trust me, space concerns had nothing to do with the lack of a voice actor for GS4.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt the voices weren't necessary.
It's a nice feature, but I think this wasn't done well script wise. It annoyed me a lot when they couldn't say the hero's name since he has no name. They could of just made the script so the characters never say his name at all, like in FFX. Also, there are a lot of characters to take care of, so having them talk maybe more cost efficent.
I prefer the facial expressions more, but that's just me. I found Suikoden 3 did the the facial expressions very well.
I can't compare the voices so I'll judge them on how well they fit the characters.
Lino I do agree had the best voice. It was kind of laid back, but had a strong tone to it as well.
Dario I liked since it suited his character and quality wise he fitted the character well.
The worst I'd have to say would be Pablou(sp?). I was kind of expecting him to have a deeper voice, plus it sounded like he was whining a lot.
Quality wise, I'd say Ramada or Mizuki. Voice wise they're fine, but they didn't seem to have that much emotion in the characters either.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graham Creay sounded to me, more like Meier Link from Vampire Hunter D.

Anyway, Brandeu's voice was Steven Blum, I didn't know this until the other day, but it doesn't surprise me, he's one of the best voice actors around.

The best voice acting in Suikoden 4 has to go to Ted. I really liked how his voice sounded EXACTLY the way I thought it would. However hot Kika's voice was, it didn't fit her. Her voice should've been lighter and higher, she sounded WAY too much like a guy.

If I have to hear reinbach or Mickey ever again, I will shoot myself.

Besides that, the voice acting wasn't stand out, Ted, Lino, and Jeane were probably my favs. I wish Ameria had had a longer part and more voice acting, plus more character/screen time, in fact, the only thing I wish she had less of is clothing. :wink:

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
Colton to me sounded like that guy who was the dean in Animal House. What the hell is his name????

That would be Dean Vernon I think. I am going by the futurama version of it and what I have been told but I believe that is it.

Ted/Glen/Brandeau - Best voice
Izak - Funniest
Chiepoo/Reinbach/Micky - Most annoying
Bang - most like a bug's bunny cartoon voice

That's all i can think of now

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Hell_Fire

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The voice acting was a good change but I really didn't like it. It made me even more fed up with the hero not having a personallity. If Voice acting made its way into suikoden 3 then I probably would have liked it a lot more. And on a side note, Jeanes voice was great.

Suikoden Role Play - Players wanted
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dark Horizon Angel wrote:
wataru14 wrote:

That would be Dean Vernon I think. I am going by the futurama version of it and what I have been told but I believe that is it.

Ted/Glen/Brandeau - Best voice
Izak - Funniest
Chiepoo/Reinbach/Micky - Most annoying
Bang - most like a bug's bunny cartoon voice

That's all i can think of now

Bang? When did you hear him talk?

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At first, I thought Graham Cray's voice was done by David Lucas voice of Spike from Cowboy Bebop, I know the voice of Helmut is definetly Richard Hayworth, voice of Kenshin and Legato Bluesummers from Trigun. but I wonder who does Sigurd's voice?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Rogue

Rogue

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I don't really care for voice acting. I just play the game and accept what is thrown at me and tolerate what annoys me. I didn't have a problem with anyone's voice. The only time I hated Rita's was when we were playing that DEATH game. (I have named it the DEATH game for personal reasons) But other than that I kind of liked all the voices. The one I liked the most was Ted's though. I liked it so much. Seeing Ted in this game... made me want to jump his bones... Is that good? O.o

Also, I wish the main charaacter had a voice.... that way it wouldn't feel so awkward at times.... It think it's kind of funny when they give him an extreme close-up when he makes a choice... like everyone's excited that he might actually SPEAK but when you choose it goes all back to normal like... "Aw, dang! He didn't speak after all!"
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Chiepoo/Reinbach/Micky - Most annoying "

Not Chiepoo, you should have added Setsu, his voice annoyed me terribly.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: