Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Life Update and if you’re stopping by how are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry about your loss Fly, I can't imagine how tough it would be to lose your own dad. My dad turned 80 in December and fortunately he is still fairly healthy (and playing games every day), but he has more mobility issues which is concerning.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sending condolences your way as well Fly. My dad was recently in the hospital for prostate cancer treatment. Seems to be recovering smoothly, but it does put things in perspective.

I'm still living and working in Los Angeles here. Job is going well. I am a partner of a law firm with people I enjoy working with, so what more can you ask for? Not sure I want to do this forever, but it's good for now. Also sober from alcohol for 13 months and feeling great! Other than that, not much to add. If anyone is visiting Southern California, hit me up! You can find me on Instagram as levie09 or shoot me an e-mail at b.lev.hicks@gmail.com.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I follow you on IG for ages, I am namorat there.
Back in the day I was a bookseller, but afterwards I went to Leipzig to study bookselling/publishing management, something unique even in Germany. Afterwards I moved to Berlin, where I am still stuck.

After a short stint for a publishing house I switched to working for the customer service side at Deutsche Bank. two years ago I got a better offer and since then I am working for an online broker in the same capacity, but for better money and bonuses.

Nice job, but sadly very focussed on a young male environment in the office. Plus personally I get more left the older I get apparently, which is not common in my job :D

The Fool
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Passing by again after I heard about Murayama's passing...
eh...looks like last I posted in here was...2020? so it's been awhile...

Life kind of been the same except...
Ever since I caught the 'vid like....2 years ago I think? My health has kind of been more...."sensitive" I guess is the best word to use?

Like I used to joke I was "healthy as an ox" --as a running joke cuz I was born in the year of the ox but now I've discovered I have things I'm allergic to when I never had allergies before (DUST MITES for one! GAWD that stuff is EVERYWHERE)

And I feel like I'm more easily catching the "stuff" the kids keep bringing in. For instance I'm suffering 2nd bout of strep throat within these 2 years.....I don't remember catching stuff this easily before 'vid....don't get me started on stomach bugs and the misc other things [that I highly believe I got from the kids]
I even had to go to the "Emergency room" @ hospital one weekend too (and spent hours there cuz they had too many people there....lesson learned: try not to go on Fridays if you can help it...I was stuck there for good 10hrs or so for something that, ended up not being super major but y'know...)
Anyhow...this is starting to turn into a I'm-ranting-cuz-I'm-sick-right-now thing...so I'll stop my rambling there...

Just hope everyone else out there has seen better days....or at least not worse days...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Get well soon! I have caught it once but without any trouble. A friend of mine caught it long term and she still has to deal with it years later. Pretty rough :/

The Fool
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a really tough passing. Your grief is understandable. I hope you've recovered some in the past couple of months. You're in my thoughts.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys, I was sorry to see about Murayama's passing. Suikoden was such a big part of my childhood (and so were all of you) so it hit me kinda hard. I'll never forget the fun times we had here.

As for my life, I'm now 31. A software engineer in finance in New York City. Live in Queens with my cat. I bake and cook a lot. Still play a lot of video games, but not as much as I used to. Go out. Spend money on frivolous things. Typical big city life for me!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
Get well soon! I have caught it once but without any trouble. A friend of mine caught it long term and she still has to deal with it years later. Pretty rough :/
It's been two months and 4 rounds of antibiotics later and...seems like still have it (waiting for result of latest throat culture to return but it's pretty obvious with the pain being still there)

A coworker suspects I'm a "carrier".....ohGawd this sucks....It's at the point where probably catching long-term covid instead of this strep-throat-that-won't-freakin-die thing.
I don't even know what "a normal throat" feels like anymore...

What bugs me most is I wake up like **** every morning but can't really call out sick unless I run a fever....which I never have...(I mean...my supervisors know I been fighting strep too but I feel bad without that proof of fever...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: