Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Murayama's Passing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject: Murayama's Passing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The wait for Eiyuden is almost over -- however, the release will be bittersweet.

Yoshitaka Murayama passed away on February 6, 2024, which was announced a few hours ago by his new company, Rabbit & Bear.

Quote:
Hello everyone,

It’s with a heavy heart and deep sadness we must inform you that the scenario writer and head of Rabbit & Bear Studios, Yoshitaka Murayama, has passed away on February 6th due to complications with an ongoing illness.

Murayama first began this journey of the creation of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes in 2020 through the support of his very loving fans on Kickstarter. Throughout the three-plus-year-development of the game, it was always the passion from his fans that continued to drive his creative vision and motivate him to put his all into the project.

His hard work on Eiyuden Chronicle as scenario writer was finished but as his co-works and friends, it saddens us to know that he won’t get to see the reactions from his fans.

However, even with those feelings we need to accept the reality that he is no longer with us and continue to push his dream forward by releasing Eiyuden Chronicle to the world.

We want to maintain his legacy and vision with this game and know that he would have wanted the rich world he has created with Eiyuden Chronicle to live on.

His family sincerely appreciates your prayers and support but asks for privacy and that no flowers, mail, or other offerings be sent.

We will have more information on organizational changes to Rabbit & Bear as well as changes to some of the Kickstarter rewards in the near future.

For now, we appreciate your continued support.

Rebbit & Bear Studios,
Junko Kawano
Junichi Murakami
Osamu Komuta

It is bittersweet, but I am glad he was able to return to making a spiritual successor to Suikoden before his passing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish his friends and family all the best during this difficult time. I hope his efforts are rewarded and Eiyuden is a critical and financial success.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Totally shocked me when I heard....it's especially sad when you consider he'll never know what people think of Eiyuden...his "final work"

And to think he was only 55 or so I heard...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: