Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

059 - Apathetic Farewell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: 059 - Apathetic Farewell Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was during the night that Albert Portgas passed away, in the middle of the road to Seattle.

As his father laid cold and rigid in his sleeping bag, Neil observed him, trying to figure out what he would do from now on. He thought it was a sound plan to start by burying his father. He didn't cry. Neil felt more annoyed than sad. He had always tried to find a father in Abert, but only ever saw a guardian in him. There was no real affection, only appearances.

He opened the sleeping bag to check his father’s pockets for things to help him on his journey. He found money… and a
piece of paper in his father’s hand.

He picked the piece of paper. It was a letter. A letter for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

“To Neil

This is the day I die. I have many regrets, but none of them are as pertinent now as the fact that I did not prepare you
better for what is to come.

The reason we moved out so much is because we were being pursued. My death will not stop that, for it is not me, but you that os being followed. And do not test your pursuers, as they will not give up. Do not strike them either, for you do not know what you would be dealing with.

Go to Seattle, look for a man named Linus Grant and tell him I sent you. He will help you with hiding. Good luck.

-Albert Portgas”

----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

No farewells. Only instructions. Neil resented that.

“Fine…” said Neil. “I’ll follow your instructions through, you cold bastard.” A ball of fire appeared where the letter was, and suddenly it was no more. He wouldn’t forget the details of it.

He kneeled next to his father and closed his sleeping bag. It was time to bury him.

“Goodbye, Albert Portgas. As distant in death as you were in life. I wish you allowed me to be your friend as well as your son.” And Neil performed a funeral as best as he could on his own, before walking away as nothing had happened. He would meet Linus Grant, find out why he was being followed and do something about it.

"Ok, maybe I won't follow all of them through." he said maliciously

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: