Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Old Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

Potch
Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ard":2nieepfe]You'll receive an invite from Archy if he deems you worthy enough. Otherwise wait for the floodgate opening like everyone else.

Time to test some of those new extra large harpoons. :)

Manliness > ard harpoons. Fact. And yes, we'll still be the manliest nation, if anyone dares challenge that I accept!

Admiral, PM's been sent. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ley

Username

Potch
Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Archy":2kz31cc4][quote="ard":2kz31cc4]You'l l receive an invite from Archy if he deems you worthy enough. Otherwise wait for the floodgate opening like everyone else.

Manliness > ard harpoons. Fact. And yes, we'll still be the manliest nation, if anyone dares challenge that I accept!

Unless your national past time is drinking beer, and you're national sport is beating women, you're not that manly.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

Potch
Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ley":d0fjk28y][quote="Archy":d0fjk28y][quot e="ard":d0fjk28y]You'll receive an invite from Archy if he deems you worthy enough. Otherwise wait for the floodgate opening like everyone else.

Unless your national past time is drinking beer, and you're national sport is beating women, you're not that manly.

I think I know a certain someone who played with "Alabama Man" figurines when he was younger...

Anyway, for King and Country! I'm joining Highland, so it looks like the old Tinto has gone it's seperate ways so far. I wonder if most nations will do the same.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

Potch
Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, yes, anyone who got a glimpse of the Federation would know that beer is, indeed, our national past time. However, beating women isn't. Women are men's partners, and I highly doubt that they'll deem it manly when you beat down on them with... stuff.

So yes, maybe it's just the fact that no other nation has proven as much manliness as we have. Except maybe Tinto. I hear rubbing sweat on each other as they mine for coal is a favorite pastime of theirs....

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
ard

Einherjar

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most manly? All your women have a sharp cheekbone, adamsapple, and say in deep voice "Hey sugar"?

Our Queen outlawed any women besides herself, resulting in a massive masculine overload in Falena. Not all of us are too proud of this much manliness.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

Potch
Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what smugglers are for. We'll just keep the storage location of them a secret from the Queen. ;)

Oh, yeah, and I'm in Falena as well, so you know it's gonna be dominant :D

~Uguu!~
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Small update for you. We're just working out a few things prior to opening up the doors to all, which I am aiming to be Monday. I am reaching the tail end of the very tedious work I have been doing and, once that is done, there will be nothing to stop us from letting people to start working on their characters.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My nation supports wife beating. You're more than welcome to join!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why have none of you contacted me via Facebook, PM, AIM, Smoke Signal etc etc over this!?!? Anyone who is anyone knows I'd go gaga over this idea!

I would have loved to try and become a nation leader. Everyone loves the longwindedness of RedCydranth! Or some do. A few? Okay, maybe just like 4 of you. But still...

But looking down the list of Nation Leaders, I can not argue and feel that is a good list of leaders. I have submitted my application to one of the nations and should they desire to have me, I will be glad to shift my allegiances from TNL to that glorious nation. If the nation leader is a fool and decides to not have me, I think I'll go just about anywhere. But until I receive that letter of denial, I'm holding my breath to join that nation.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

Potch
Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Old Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, shall be of the Queen's Guards in the Lo...Queendom. Also, where do I register?

Mikan weeps for Brady

Potch
Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like elc said, the doors to the new forum should open to all of us normals hopefully on Monday.

~Uguu!~
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goodness, another two headed for Falena? Wow. Good for VF :)

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has come to my attention that there are people who are a bit worried about some nations being overwhelmingly popular. Falena, in particular, has been mentioned so, even though I don't want to impose any restrictions on people, I'd like to ask the already strong nations to not aggressively recruit members for the time being.

Furthermore, I would like to remind everybody that this is just a game and we do not want anybody to take it too seriously. That would just result in far too many problems and bring about a premature end to the project. We all just need to relax and chill and remember the goal is to have fun.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count me in. I've asked two nations for permission to join, and will hopefully get to choose between them later. Neither are Falena.

Either way I'm going to continue to pretend I'm in the Nameless Lands. My character was very confused in Tinto last time and will continue to be wherever he finds himself now.

Last edited by Shad on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc":1pyeuleb]It has come to my attention that there are people who are a bit worried about some nations being overwhelmingly popular. Falena, in particular, has been mentioned so, even though I don't want to impose any restrictions on people, I'd like to ask the already strong nations to not aggressively recruit members for the time being.

Furthermore, I would like to remind everybody that this is just a game and we do not want anybody to take it too seriously. That would just result in far too many problems and bring about a premature end to the project. We all just need to relax and chill and remember the goal is to have fun.

I understand that it is for fun, but there's little fun to be had when from the get go the odds are heavily stacked in favor of one nation. This was one of the primary failures of Final Fantasy Platform. Early on, nation balance and identity is important. This is hard to create when 1/3 of the people playing your game all belong to one nation.

Had I been alerted of this project 2 weeks ago, I'd have tried to help a lot more on this project, but I just found out about this today and it already seems to me that it has turned more into a popularity contest and a recruitment contest than anything else.

When I chose my nation, I had no clue which other members were in what nation. I based it basically on which Nation Leader I wanted to work with and let the rest fall into place. After I PM'd Rugner telling him I wanted to be in SME, I hopped onto mIRC to see what others were saying about this game and almost immediately I got the vibe from everyone there (just about everyone there is Falenan) that this was more about being in the clique than having fun with a new system. Nobody was intrigued on how the system will work or what new features you've put in. All they talked about was who they got to join their nations and it was a flame war.

I know it is hard to break bonds created in the old system, but that's what the term "fresh start" indicates. I personally feel the best way to have done this was allow each nation leader to select 2 or 3 members of his/her choice to start up the forum before the floodgates opened. Then when the flood gates open, make it random. Disallow movement between nations for 6 months and try and get people to establish new identities for their new nations. Zexen being the Candyland was something the Suikox Zexen established as their identity. This new game isn't Suikox. There shouldn't be Candyland over there. Let it be done with. It's hard to have a fresh start to a new game when old allegiances still remain in tact.

This is one of fuji's strongest points to his game. It throws all old allegiances and nations out the window. It forces a fresh start and focuses on individuality. I'm not trying to say your game is weak or inferior, as it's not even technically started, but given my past experiences with FFP, unless you find a way to establish an early balance, this will ultimately fail. I don't like to be "that guy" and rain on the parade, but this is the inevitability of it. You can encourage all you like, but unless you as an admin, put your foot down and make things go your way, people will abuse your system. Ask Vex about it. Early on everyone and anyone tried to abuse the system to get things the way they wanted. For quite a while Vex was actually pretty unpopular amongst the masses for all the punishment he handed out for being a strict admin about his war game. But, in the end we all loved him because it was through this strictness and adherence to his set of rules that made his game so amazing.

You're trying to appease the masses and your game will suffer because of it. Unless you're willing to put on the iron gauntlet and slam your fist down and force people to bend to your will for the betterment of the game, this game will continue on a downward slope. I'll join in and see how it goes, but I can't see it lasting too long on the road it is on. I sincerely hope I am wrong and will try my darndest to not see it fail.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: