Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

042 - A Deal Between Devils

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: 042 - A Deal Between Devils Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[size=150:1yi15czk]A Deal Between Devils

[p:1yi15czk]Lionel flinched. A light flashed for only a split second in the dark, and a fire suddenly flickered in to being in the middle of the pitch dark forest. No wood or brush rested below it. The flames seemed to fuel themselves, and through them Lionel could discern the dim form of a man covered in a hooded black cloak. The man removed a few odd-looking trinkets from within his garment and laid them out methodically before him, then began to chant in a whisper. There was no point in waiting any longer - the man was alone.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Tyne," he said clearly, and nothing more. The fire vanished instantly and the cloaked man jumped to his feet. Tyne focused on him immediately through the darkness, but did he know that Lionel could do the same? As Tyne jutted off to the side Lionel did not allow his eyes to follow. Feigning blindness could be used to his advantage if this encounter escalated.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"What?" the mage finally replied.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]That was about as far ahead as Lionel had planned the conversation. He figured he could wing it from here. "Can you help me get to a different dimension?"[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Why should I?" Tyne replied. Lionel could tell he was slowly approaching from behind. He wasn't making a sound though... must have been levitating.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"I don't belong here," Lionel stated.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"What makes you think I could help you, let alone would ever consider it?" the voice spoke from a distance. He was projecting it. Lionel knew he was right behind him.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Listen." He turned around suddenly and met the mage eye to quite startled eye. "Let's cut the crap. A bunch of mages camping out in the woods making bon fires at midnight? You've probably been to Narnia and back."[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]Tyne's eyes narrowed. He was quite annoyed that this man had gotten the better of him. "Yes, I know some trans-dimensional magic, but that leads back to my first question. Why should I?"[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]Lionel responded with a kick to the stomach. Being blunt seemed to work thus far. The mage responded by launching a formidable fireball from his hands even as he was falling backwards, but Lionel jumped out of the way with little effort. He ran off a bit and crouched down behind a tree to observe. The mage was looking around rather bewildered. Perhaps he was not quite so capable of seeing through the dark, or maybe he just wanted Lionel to fall for his own trick. Only one way to find out. He fired a shot out from behind the tree and watched Tyne clutch his right arm and shriek. Red blood. That answered one question.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"It's good to see you aren't as bullet proof as they say," Lionel called out from behind the tree.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"How did you find me out here?" Tyne questioned rather than attacking again.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"It's not like you didn't just make yourself known to half the world when you attacked Clarence Croft," he replied.[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"It's been kept out of the mainstream media, but I see you have your sources. Well listen, Mister..."[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Lionel Johnson."[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Mister Johnson, let's make a game of this." As Tyne spoke his right arm began to glow. Lionel could see the wound healing up. "If you can survive me," he casually tossed the extracted bullet in Lionel's direction, "I might consider giving you a hand. Have we a deal?"[/p:1yi15czk]
[p:1yi15czk]"Sounds like a plan to me." He'd been up against worse.[/p:1yi15czk]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: