Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

012 - Black Ops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: 012 - Black Ops Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:24vj03ir]He watched the group of men below him as they tore open wooden crates. He was sitting on a rafter in a large warehouse, watching the men as they took the stolen weapons out.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Akigiyama model… Stolen weapons identified,” the man said into a radio. “Four men, three lightly armed. Awaiting orders.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]A woman’s voice came through on the other end. “Observe, wait for destination programming. Then, take them out.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Roger,” the man said. They loaded the weapon into the back of the truck, covering them with a blanket. He watched as a man climbed into the driver’s side. There was a few moments delay before the truck began to drive off. “Suspects leaving, moving to intercept.” The man began to dart along the rafters, as he pulled a knife from his waist. One of the men looked up, perhaps even instinctually, before the knife found its way between his eyes. The others looked down at the man as the blood pooled around him.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]The man leapt from the rafters, a grappling hook clanking as he repelled down. Another man looked up, raising his gun into the air. He wasn’t fast enough, the thief found his hands, along with his gun, lying on the ground. The assailant grabbed the man around the neck, pushing him into the last man. The metal of the sword glinted in the moonlight as he ran it through the two thieves. The truck began to speed off. The man picked up the rifle and took aim, firing at the rear of the truck. There was a loud pop as one of the tires burst. The truck veered and rolled, dumping much of its load. When the driver finally managed to free himself, he saw the assailant standing above him. With a final slash of the sword, it was over.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“You were supposed to wait for destination programming!” The woman’s voice on the other end yelled.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“There was none, the truck was 10 years old. They come without trackers embedded,” the assailant said.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“That was a direct order Je…” the voice began before he shut off the radio.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]In the truck, a man looked at a computer screen, smirking some. “He certainly isn’t one to take orders, is he?”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]The woman glances at the man. “It’s not that… when he’s determined to do something, he’ll do it. No matter what.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“No matter, this was more an evaluation. He’s been with us for two years. I’m surprised I’m just now getting to see him in action. You’ve handled him well thus far, Elizabeth.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Elizabeth nodded and looked down. “Thank you, colonel.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]The colonel tapped on a computer screen, examining the file that came. It was the operative’s file. He had made quite a name for himself in the division in such a short time.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Jessie 'Jet' Maurencia. 24 years old,” he began to read aloud from the file.
“Weapon Proficiency: Very high skills in melee weaponry. Mediocre gun skills at best. He maintains a highly agile and acrobatic style, displaying a complex mix of strength and flexibility. He’s heavily trained in melee weaponry.
Magic proficiency: Some magical energy has been detected around him yet he seems to have no concern about learning magic. The source of the magical residue is unknown, Maurencia is notoriously tight-lipped.
Known biography information: Formerly the leader of a paramilitary group made up of war orphans. He believes he is the lone survivor, yet one known survivor, soldier Scott Campbell, is a member of One Nation.
Psyche Evaluation: Mentally stable. Shows moderate intelligence and high adaptability.
Risk assessment: moderate risk of betrayal.”[/p:24vj03ir]

[p:24vj03ir]“He won’t betray us,” Elizabeth responded. “He’s looking for something, and he thinks Akigiyama is the best chance of finding it.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“So he’s trying to use us. He’s merely a pawn himself. Keep monitoring his missions heavily. Update his file if you dine out anything else about him.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Elizabeth nods. “Yes, Colonel.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet waited for a moment before a van arrived. Several men, all Akigiyama soldiers, got out and began to head in to the loading warehouse to clean up. He was about to get in when a car drove up. He turned his head to see a man open the rear window.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Mister Maurencia. Please, get in.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet looked the Colonel over for a moment. He didn’t know who he was, but if he was here, he was a member of Akigiyama. He walked to the passenger side and got in and the man began to drive away.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“I am Colonel Anderson, Mister Maurencia,” he began.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Colonel? So you’re my commanding officer then.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Anderson looked over, smirking. He was an older gentleman, in his late 50s at least. His black hair was combed back and his face showed signs of newly forming wrinkles. “I am the commanding officer of many soldiers. There are few ranked higher in Akigiyama’s army. I’ve been watching you, Mister Maurencia.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Should I be scared or impressed?” Jet responded dryly.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Impressed. You show quite a bit of skill in these types of missions,” Anderson began.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“Thank you, Commander.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“And your skill with the weapons... I dare say, if you showed more magical proficiency, you’d be a fair contestant in the God of Fight tournament. I am curious though, where a man achieves such a skill level and yet returns no mention as being a member of any army across the world.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet never looked at the man as he responded. He either stared straight ahead or looked out the window. [p]“I trained myself… for a long time.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Anderson smirked. “You’re looking for something, Jesse. You won’t say it but I can tell. What I can’t tell… is what.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet trained his eyes to the floor. “What makes you think that?” he responded, opting to be tight-lipped.[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Anderson grinned. “Your little of War Orphans met a rather grisly end, didn’t it?”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet’s eyes widened and he turned his head to Anderson, a hint of anger appearing. “What?”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]“You really don’t think you can make as many raids on convoys as you did and not expect to run afoul of Akigiyama, did you, Jet? You raided one of our trucks. We weren’t terribly interested, it was nothing valuable, just foodstuffs, but that caught our interest. Imagine our surprise when, three years after your group was destroyed you found your way to join us.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet clenched his fists. “I figured you were the best chance I had at survival. Nothing more.”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]The colonel smirked. “We may be, but there’s something else. We may not know what at this point, but we know it’s something. You cannot keep secrets from us, Jet, no matter how much you try. You are one of us now. We own you. Any secrets you have will be ours in time. And don’t think of trying to run. We have soldiers far more skilled than you at our disposal. Now, why don’t you tell me the truth? What is it that you’re looking for?”[/p:24vj03ir]
[p:24vj03ir]Jet’s cold demeanor returned, his eyes tracking back to the window. “My swords.”[/p:24vj03ir]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: