Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Historical Trivia!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since no one seems to be answering...

Hanna is from the nameless lands, not grasslands...

The last two are a little hard... If you actually thought of Maki, you might be reminded of the village head in Milleto's name... Clad... He's from suikogaiden 2. Well, i wouldn't remember off hand... I sourced all over for it, but then again, since i'm the one asking the question... :p

As for the last one... It's a little of a trick question... Kianu! Lucia's father... Yeah, he's not a character in existence in any of the games, but yet, he wasn't mentioned in S3 at all, but is instead mentioned in S2. Thus, he qualifies as a character not from S3 that originated from the grasslands...

Now that's done, i'll ask another question... It's fairly simple, and more of a test of memory instead of knowledge. It's so simple you better don't check any sources. Best answered through memory...

Name all the true runes first revealed in each of the suikodens that are even MENTIONED in the game. Meaning,

Suikoden 1- All the true runes mentioned in this game
Suikoden 2- All the true runes mentioned in this game that wasn't mentioned in S1.

So on and so forth for S3 and well, S4 if you want... Remember, if the rune has been mentioned in more than 1 games, you leave it in the first game they were revealed in. Hint: Gaidens are included. Be accurate!
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is strange, in my PAL version of GS2, it says Kinua and not Kianu, is there a reason for this?
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I -

Gate Rune
Dragon Rune
Soul Eater
Sovereign Rune
Night Rune
True Wind Rune
Rune of Beginning (one of the old books)

Suikoden II -
Beast Rune
Circle Rune
Blue Moon Rune
Rune of Change (one of the old books, I believe)

Gaiden II -
True Fire

Suikoden III -
True Water
True Lightning
True Earth
Eightfold Rune

Suikoden IV -
Rune of Punishment
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, yeah, I gotta ask a question.

Part 1: Give 7 names in the games(does not necessarily have to be a name of a character, could be a weapon or a spell or anything else) that are taken from some sort of real-world mythology, and what culture's mythology each is from. But just try and mix it up. Don't use all character names, or all weapon names, etc.

Part 2: Give a brief description of what the name means in the real-world mythology.
Glen Cott

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1)Raijin (,Hammers of) - Japanese god of Thunder. That's all I know, sorry.

2)Arthur - English mythology, King Arthur was the king of Camalot, was tutored by Merlin the magician and pulled the legendary sword Excalibur from the stone.

3)Titan (Rune) - Greek mythology, the Titans were an ancient race which were overthrown by Zeus and imprisoned in Tartarus.

4)Phoenix (Rune) - Greek mythology, the Phoenix lived in Arabia and sang to Apollo which caused him to stop in the sky during the day.

5)Achilles - Greek hero, fought in the Trojan War, was invincible expect for his heel, died when shot in the heel with a poisoned arrow by Paris.

6)Dragon (Rune) - featured in Greek, German, Japanese, English and I think Babylonian mythology. Simply a large flying lizard or snake which can breathe fire, and generally causes havoc.

7)Chimera (Rune) - Greek mythology, a monster with the head of a lion, body of a goat and the tail of a dragon, killed by Bellerophon.

If the descriptions arn't satisfactory, I can rewrite them but it's late and I'm just typing off the top off my head.

Question 1 - What noises do Blackman's plants make when you step on them?
Question 2 (Don't worry if you cannot get this, I couldn't think of anything else) What cereal's slogan is the same as these noises.

Also, can anyone answer the question I asked above.

Last edited by Glen Cott on Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just going to give a wild guess. I did accidentally step on his plants the first time I played, but I can't really remember what sounds they made for certain.
Was it "Snap Crackle Pop?" Like Rice Krispies?

(now I have to go back and look... ugh. I wonder if I have a save file not too far from that... or if there's anywhere online that will tell me...)

I don't know about the Kianu/Kinua thing, so I can't answer that at all. sorry.
Glen Cott

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's right ChiByakko, you don't have to go back and check.
You can ask a question now.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way, i believe Raijin should be a japanese God of thunder and not chinese... I could be wrong though...
Glen Cott

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Correct, Kobold, my mistake, I had written Japanese first but Firefox froze and I had to redo it all hastily.
Alcatheus Brilemus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can answer part 2 easily by using my Linguistics knowledge:

Hugo is derived from Germanic hug, meaning "heart, mind, or spirit". This name is also used as the Anglicized form of the Gaelic names AODH, ÙISDEAN, and EOGHAN. Hugh Capet was a 10th-century king of France who founded the Capetian dynasty. Saint Hugh of Lincoln was a 12th-century bishop known for his charity. This was also the name of kings of Cyprus and the crusader kingdom of Jerusalem.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for a week now there have been no questions waiting to be answered, so I'll get this thread going again with another question.

1. Name the Six Great Generals of the Scarlet Moon Empire (pre and during Suikoden I), AND the Six Great Generals of the Toran Republic (post Suikoden I).

2. Name six Colonial generals from the American Revolutionary War, and give a sentence describing each.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can only answer the first half from the first question since I can't remember who takes Teo's place.
Sonya Schulen, Teo Mcdohl, Kwanda Rosman, Kasim Hazil, Milich Opheimmer (I can't spell him name)
After that I'm not too sure except I think they mostly stay the same?

Knight of Saint Loa

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the first part Sonya Schulen, Teo Mcdohl, Kwanda Rosman, Kasim Hazil, Milich Opheimmer and Georg Prime

For the second part, Sonya, Valeria, Kasim, Kwanda, Kai and Camille.

Have no idea about the second question.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well sufficient time as past and I am not American so I am going to use Wikipedia to answer:

1. [as already stated] a) Teo McDohl, Sonya Schulen, Kwanda Rosman, Kasim Hazil, Milich Oppenheimer and Georg Prime.
b) Valeria, Sonya Schulen, Kai, Camille, Kwanda Rosman and Kasim Hazil.

2. George Washington- first President of the United States of America and leader of the Colonial Army. (I knew that one already!)
Benedict Arnold- defected to the British.
George Rogers Clark- captured two well manned British Forts.
John Paul Jones- navy leader, captain of the USS Bonhomme Richard.
Tadeusz Kosciuszko- defended Poland against Russians after the American Independence War.
Francis Marion- nicknamed the "Swamp Fox" for his decoy and ambushing techniques.

Yes, I cheated, but that is better than seeing stagnation in the topic and I still learnt from it!

Anyway, my own question:

1. Which character other than Jowy has the most face portraits in Suikoden 2?
2. What language does this character's name originate from and what does it mean (I doubt anyone even knows this, I just found it out today, I want to show off, though)?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Bryan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im pretty sure nanami has the second most face portraits in suikoden 2 but i dont know the second question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: