Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is some very odd stuff going on with Tierkreis. At the moment, I believe the game will be set in a different continuum than the numbered games, which would be regrettable, but at least the game looks very good. On the other hand, it's even worse if a game that looks this good isn't part of the original series.

It seems that the game might have something to do with Time, seeing how the One King talks about the future being predetermined with such deliberation.

But Konami needs to release more information on the parallel universes, marks of the stars and so on to tell what it all means!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We already knew of the parallel universes, such as the World of Wings and Scales or whatever it was called.

One thing that a friend mentioned to me, and I thought made a lot of sense: Doesn't the "One King" sound a lot like Hikusaak? Perhaps the area where the game starts is in or near Harmonia!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.duefiumi.com/news/suikoden-tierkreis/tierkreis-findings.html

We're doing our best over at DF, but there's a lot of crap to shift through!

Everyone's pretty much guessed Harmonia what with the One King, but another possible clue is the "World's Largest Library".

The game's emblem has been confirmed not to be a True Rune. But that doesn't mean there isn't any, the Mark of the Stars is looking very suspect indeed.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the notes JL. Some of the speculation there, if it turns out true, could be truly awesome and create a Suikoden game with unprecedented scope. We must wait and see, can't wait to hear more and eventually get to play the game...
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good stuff Layfield. I'll have to check back more often.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the IGN videos at some point a pretty large map is shown. Did anyone compare it with our known Suikoden geography?

EDIT:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169978

Much of the game's plot premise revolves around the idea of the "Million Worlds" -- countless numbers of parallel worlds, each with its own environments and populations. The hero first becomes aware of this because these worlds are starting to interfere with each other; new forests and towns are suddenly popping up out of nowhere, and nobody seems to notice anything's amiss besides the player's character.

It's a way like another to distance Tierkreis from the main plotline, I reckon.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you get that they're trying to distance it from the main storyline? The million worlds have always been there.

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
How do you get that they're trying to distance it from the main storyline?

because IV and V did exactly that, and they didn't even need to use parallel worlds. IV used a 150 years of distance. V used a whole new "exotic" continent.

The trend is all too evident to me - no one in Konami wants to develop on Harmonia and such, because probably very little of the original staff/creators are involved anymore. There's just a profitable IP to sustain, making it the most open to new users as possible. Again, these are just my feelings about it...
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True. But a game in the main series has never, ever explored them to this detail. Not even close. All we got in tactics was one world were the evil eye came from right? And in Suikogaiden 2 we saw Viki's world I think. But thats it if I recall correctly.

I'm fairly excited they decided to go into other worlds in more detail. That is if this is in fact this is just a spinoff game. Who knows, we may finally learn more about Pes and Yuber.

Probably dreaming though.

Edit: This was in response to Yvl's last comment.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-__- Oh great. Chances are Tierkries is Hikusaak's origin story :roll: and me not intending to buy a new console...
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
-__- Oh great. Chances are Tierkries is Hikusaak's origin story :roll:

Sure. Just like there's a chance that tomorrow a jumbo-jet will make a perfect landing on my balcony to drop off a bag of money along with a copy of Suikoden VII from the future.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If its not Hiku-boy's origin. Its Klift -_-
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announces Suikoden: Tierkreis, the latest iteration of the celebrated Suikoden series, will mark the franchise's debut exclusively on the Nintendo DS(TM).

Does this mean Suikoden is now DS only?

As for the parallel worlds thing...it's stupid. Really. Is the default setting really so limiting and boring to the developers now? They have to set the game in one of the Million Worlds now? Do they realize that the setting is the only reason people love Suikoden? It's not the battle system or the graphics.

This is the first time the Million Worlds have been called parallel worlds as far as I know. So far they've basically just been like how "planes" are in D&D. There's the World of Emptiness and there's the World of Wings and Scales, and possibly Viki's world. They've never been "parallel worlds" or whatever. That term makes you think of alternate universes you know? Like in normal Suikoden Riou has dark hair, but in in a "parallel world" he'll have blond hair and not be such a puss. Maybe "parallel worlds" is a bad choice/translation of words?

The bit about the Million Worlds sort of colliding together is wierd. In Suikoden 3 Luc pretty much says that the True Runes go from world to world and institute "order" by wiping out human life and turning the worlds themselves into bland grayness (this is his final speech at the end of the game, when he makes you fight solo against some wierd orb things, and then shows you the vision of the True Wind Rune where everything in the Suikoden world will be turned gray and lifeless). After they do this in one world, they go to another, and they've been doing this for a while. They're currently doing it in the main Suikoden setting's world.

So if the game is really set in one of the other worlds, I'm wondering how there are 108 stars. The 108 stars are gathered by True Runes. The True Runes manipulate events and gather the 108 stars to further their own goal (instituting "order"). But if the True Runes are in the default setting's world, how can they gather stars in another world?

Maybe this game takes place waaay in the past on another world where the True Runes are active and haven't moved on yet. But that doesn't explain the combinging together of worlds, since that hasn't happened in the main setting. Hmmm...maybe the worlds that are combining together are doing so because of chaos, as opposed to the order that the True Runes are trying to achieve.

My head hurts.

^Actual quote!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Does this mean Suikoden is now DS only?

No. It means that Tierkreis is.

Quote:
In Suikoden 3 Luc pretty much says that the True Runes go from world to world and institute "order"

No. He said that they fight, some for chaos and some for order. He's showed a world where order won.

Quote:
The 108 stars are gathered by True Runes.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Quote:
My head hurts.

I can imagine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for the parallel worlds thing...it's stupid. Really. Is the default setting really so limiting and boring to the developers now? They have to set the game in one of the Million Worlds now?

Quit complaining. It's not part of the main series.

Quote:
The bit about the Million Worlds sort of colliding together is wierd. In Suikoden 3 Luc pretty much says that the True Runes go from world to world and institute "order" by wiping out human life and turning the worlds themselves into bland grayness (this is his final speech at the end of the game, when he makes you fight solo against some wierd orb things, and then shows you the vision of the True Wind Rune where everything in the Suikoden world will be turned gray and lifeless).

While I applaud your reference to my favorite part of the series, what I got out of it was that the runes fight a war of Dharma and Chaos. If Dharma wins, then the world would become like in Luc's vision. Which has always led me to ask, "Which side is each rune on?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: