Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

US Open 2008 Prediction Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serena Williams (USA) - Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Aargh, I predict that a Williams sister wins a Grand Slam tournament! :oops:
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I am shocked-- Andy Murray broke Rafa twice in the opening set to win the first set! Shocking.

Another shocking thing is Roger's lack of unforced errors. He has been plagued by a high amount of unforced errors throughout the entire tournament, generally-- but in this match he only had 3 unforced errors in the first set, and only 2 in the fourth set! Only one double fault, too. Ridiculous, especially considering how many aces and winners he hit. That's the type of playing I haven't seen from him all year long-- it's a good sign, I think.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why is it shocking that Murray broke Rafa twice? I'm not shocked about it, I expected Murray to win. Now the match is stopped due to the rain, I hope they can continue to play today.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am shocked that Andy broke Rafa twice, because I was pretty sure Rafa would win the match. Now I am not as sure. Still, with the rain delay that gives him time to regroup, definitely. I would love to see Roger and Rafa play again in the final, that would be wonderfully fun.

Unfortunately, the match will probably remain delayed until tomorrow, there seems to be no break in the rain.

edit:
Andy Murray pulled out the win in the conclusion of the match today. The final will be played Monday at 5pm EST.

Andy Murray (GBR) - Roger Federer (SUI)

-------

To be honest, I thought Rafa was going to win the entire thing, despite my prediction of Roger Federer in the beginning.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, for me it was clear that Murray will win this match, even though both made a lot of mistakes in the semi. But it wasn't that Rafa I've seen in the tournaments before, he seemed to be tired, as well as Djoko. As much as I hope that Murray will win the final now, I think he has no chance. And it would be okay if Roger won, he only won one tournament in 2008 and not winning a Grand Slam in one year would be too embarassing for him. ;-)

ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Results after Semi Finals

Gilly:
Men: 1
Women: 1
Total: 2 x 8 = 16 points
Total = 370 points

VF:
Men: 0
Total: 1 x 8 = 8 points
Total = 314 points

Archy:
Men: 2
Total: 3 x 8 = 24 points
Total = 308 points

Red:
Total: 2 x 8 = 16 points
Total = 354 points
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Federer won, so here are the final results of our prediction game:

Gilly:
Total: 2 x 10 = 20 points
Total = 390 points

VF:
Total: 2 x 10 = 20 points
Total = 334 points

Archy:
Men: 0 (no prediction made)
Total: 1 x 10 = 10 points
Total = 318 points

Red:
Total: 2 x 20 = 20 points
Total = 374 points

So we have a winner and the winner is ........... *drums roll*

Gilly!!!

Congratulations! :D
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm happy for Roger, he played well. Definitely the best he's played, other than at Wimbledon (which was just wonderful). Murray definitely has a slam in his future-- and a well rested Rafael Nadal will be the favorite to win at the Australian Open next year, in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: