Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your equipment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
I'd probably mix and match medium and light sized armor and never use a hat. For a weapon I have some basic training with a staff nothing that would make me stick out of a crowd, but i'd actually like to use a pole arm weapon like a guan dao.

Guan Dao? Would that be some kind of Chinese naginata?

I guess I'd go for a late-medieval longsword or bastard sword that I can use with two hands (hand-and-a-half). I don't think I'm strong enough to swing a full two-handed sword quickly enough.

For armor I'd go with studded leather or chain mail and a half helmet. A full helmet would be hell when you start sweating and itching. For my hands I'd use something like studded leather gloves or maybe even a full metal gauntlet. You'd be surprised how easy it is to lose a hand or two in a swordfight! In Suikoden I guess that'd translate to the same types of armor Viktor, Kyle, Georg (V) and most of the heroes can equip.

Last edited by Splendid Monkey on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely wear something light, but tough so that it was durable. I rely on speed so I wouldn't want to have something too restrictive. Probably a a vest, with a durable fabric woven into it to help deflect damage from piercing objects, some boots customized to comfortably fit my large feet, a long coat with thin strips of sheet metal lining the fabric that would not keep me too hot during my travels. I would definitely carry two long daggars that could be concealed with my long coat and a customizable long sword, that was made to be light and extremely sharp for quick kills, similar to a ninja katana, but refitted for a rugged warrior. I may also carry a light-weight projectile weapon of sorts, probably a gun but nothing too bulky to weigh me down.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
I'd probably mix and match medium and light sized armor and never use a hat. For a weapon I have some basic training with a staff nothing that would make me stick out of a crowd, but i'd actually like to use a pole arm weapon like a guan dao.

Guan Dao? Would that be some kind of Chinese naginata?

I guess I'd go for a late-medieval longsword or bastard sword that I can use with two hands (hand-and-a-half). I don't think I'm strong enough to swing a full two-handed sword quickly enough.

For armor I'd go with studded leather or chain mail and a half helmet. A full helmet would be hell when you start sweating and itching. For my hands I'd use something like studded leather gloves or maybe even a full metal gauntlet. You'd be surprised how easy it is to lose hand or two in a swordfight! In Suikoden I guess that'd translate to the same types of armor Viktor, Kyle, Georg (V) and most of the heroes can equip.
Its what Zegai uses in Suikoden 5
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i probably wouldn't wear any armor i would ear monk cloths because they seem comfortable. im not wearing armor because in 260 pounds and i dont need more. i would use a bow staff as a weapon, because i am a black belt in martial arts and not just the belt i have studied in a long time. and i well versed in the use of the bow. would wear a bandanna on my head, and i would shave my head because i look better that way.

i like this thread it forces people to be real about what they would be in the suikoden world. and to tell you the truth its always the most unlikely peoply who do the greatest things in the world and it isnt until after they do it that they become the likely person to do those things.

if i was in the suikoden world i wouldnt be a fighter i would be a motivator in the army. i dont like to fight even though i could. i like this thread and i hope that there are more like it

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-

Last edited by Song Jiang on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue_moon_black_heart

18236 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my birthday suit......

well not really.

Properly some epic long black trench coat and some cool looking outfit. Properly get thrashed in battle, but at least id look cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: