Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The "Hello I am New" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome everyone! Please enjoy the site.

438 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi! I've been a long time suikoden fan but haven't been on a suiko forum for a while~ I used to be on Harmonia-online but that was years ago ^o^
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good to see that you made it here!
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Eternalfenix, hope you can stay active here.

"Careful how you talk to me!!"
-Riou
Hix&Tengaar

11811 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys! I'm Hix&Tengaar, named for my favorite Suiko characters ever, of course^_^ But you can call me Danny if you'd like.

1. How long you've been playin' Suikoden

Oh, geez...I probably picked up S1 about 7 or 8 years ago, just sitting on some lonely shelf in AMES. Best buy I ever made:) Just got Suikoden 2 back in November, and goddamn, that game rocks. I'm actually playing it again right now. Getting ready to kill Neclord.

2. Which Suikodens you have played in the past

ALL OF THEM! Didn't beat 4 or Tactics, and never will either. Just horrible disgraces to the series, if you ask me. I've probably beaten S1 literally 20 times over the years. I play it AT LEAST once a year, sometimes more. Played Suikoden 2 twice when I first got, and am currently on my 3rd right now. S3 and S5 about 2 or 3 times each, I'd say. I just find those two too long and boring to replay at a regular rate^_~

3. Your favorite character

Ted. Hix and Tengaar are my babies, but since you can't have one w/o the other, if I had to pick a single character, it'd be Teddy. I just love everything about him! His awesome story, Soul Eater, his bond with Tir, I just love him!!! My favorites by game:
S1- H&T, Tir, Ted, Cleo, Milia, Futch, Kasumi, Clive, Kirkis, Sylvina
S2- H&T, Riou, Nanami, Eilie, Millie, Humphrey, Zamza, Sierra, Klaus
S3- Chris, Borus, Aila, Jacques, Sgt. Joe, Lucia, Yumi, Sharon, Nei, Bright
S4- TED!!!!!, Flare, Lino, Viki, Millay, Rita
S5- Georg, Zweig, Viki, Zerase, Ernst, Faylen, Cathari, Sagiri, Urda

4. How you ended up here

Just random clickiness, I guess^_~

5. What vegetable you are most like

WTF!? Um...how bout a potato, since I'm...versatile...
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahahaha. Well, someone is quite verbose. I'm glad you're here with us, Danny! However, I can't see what anyone would see in Borus. Sheesh, I had a huge argument with Lady Andrea over that one ages ago. Anyway, good to see you here, and I hope you actually get through IV at some point. It's not that long a game. Might as well finish it. Tactics, however, can be pretty tedious.
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome H&T....I kinda agree on Tonberry with the whole Borus thing, but you should probably finish 4 if you were a good amount into it, its not that bad of a game it's just the whole 4 character thing bugged me since that is the traditional JRPG member limit and Suikoden has always had 6, making it stand out and own even more than it would without it. In my opinion the graphics are at its best (of the 3D ones) in that game...I just didn't like the way they were animated (reminded me WAY to much of power rangers, ughhh).

-Riou
Hix&Tengaar

11811 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? I always thought Borus was one of the more interesting characters in that game. Just the way you can see how he struggles with the guilt of the Karaya incident, and really does regret what he has done, as evident when he refuses to arrest Aila in Vinay Del Zexay. Even though what he did was wrong, I kinda felt for the guy, and understood where he was coming from. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird^_~

And about 4, it was an alright game, but when you compare it to the first 3, it's just stupid. They did away with everything good about Suikoden: an incredibly lame main character, reduced the battle party to only 4 members, the boat castle was idiotic IMO, the Unites were completely redundant(WTF's the pont in 1* damage?), the war battles were horribly easy and boring, the game was wayyy too short, the ship travel was incredibly tedious, and if you ask me, a majority of the charcaters were just there for no reason, and bored the crap out of me...

Now for positives, I did love Flare and Lino(actually two of my series favorites), the Rune of Punishment was incredibly awesome(especially after 3's extremely limited use of True Runes), and TED MADE A RETURN! But that still doesn't save it from being the worst Suikoden out there, second only maybe to it's equally bad "lovechild", STactics.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha, it's nice to have such an expressive and talkative new addition to our community here. Look around, post a lot, and enjoy your stay!

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well alot of the characters have in-depth storylines which would make us all have alot of different opinions on our favorite characters, depending on what appeals to us.

But if I ever miss anybody's introduction here is a 'Welcome to Suikox, and hope you can stay' for past and future reference.

-Riou
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm new since last month. Teehee. :*laugh*: Well, let me introduce myself.

I'm Sierra's sister, as you can see in my profile. The character of mine (which is appeared in the avatar images) is Silmeria. If you can found who actually Silmeria is, I would treat you a super deluxe luxurious dinner in Hai Yo restaurant with Sierra. :*laugh*:

Well, I hope won't do any mistakes in the future. I beg your assistance, senpais.

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Sierra's Sister (I assume that you're a she, it isn't that fun if you're actually a brother :mrgreen: ).

Well, your avatar is also Alicia. Is it answer your question ^^?. Now, can you guess who the person in my avatar is?

Anyway, nice seeing you on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ehe. Well, that's Alicia/Silmeria. Good job! :) Yup, I'll give you the treat with Sierra. Here's the ticket...(gave Kohaku the ticket)

Um...your avatar? I thought it was a portrait of someone. I'm sure I saw it once before...didn't recall the name though. Some clue please?

Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well, I'll just tell you the answer I guess. She's Renata Tebaldi, one of the greatest Italian soprano, dressed as Mimi in Puccini's play 'La Boheme.

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm failed. Yes, that is the name. I just remembered. Oh, I'm failed...

Oh, um, I wonder how I can put a picture in my signature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 233 of 244

Jump to: