Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden I & II being released on PSP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking at the kind of complicated graphics that Squeenix and the rest are pulling on the DS, Suikoden should be nothing.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So...they added the Sega Saturn intro...but not any of the Sega Saturn version's special content? Not Eike's battle arena? Not Gremio's extended resurrection scene?

Shame.

^Actual quote!
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind a Final Fantasy IV DS-style remake of Suikoden I and/or II. It'd be the perfect time to give the graphics a good polishing. They oughta take advantage of the system's capabilities and make a fully 3D overhaul with stylized characters. They could flesh out the characters and story a bit too, add a few new scenes here and there, take some more time to explore poorly-developed but supposedly-important characters such as Camille (especially the whole avenging Gremio's death thing), Warren, and Taggart. This would also be a great time to integrate the Saturn-only scenes and features; many people never got to see them.

As for gameplay, they ought to at least bring things up to SV-caliber, with maybe some slightly-experimental systems on the side. Three rune slots, skills, streamlined equipment management (oh, wait), the whole thing. They ought to add some more sidequests and endgame content as well; the latter of which has always been neglected by the Suikoden series. The system can handle up to 99 levels, so why not use 'em? Besides, they got the basic story and gameplay mechanics worked out for them, so they could focus on simply expanding outward with little trouble.

All Suikoden I needs is a little polish to make it not look like 16-bit graphics with shoddy 3D-effects added in, the script punched up to modern standards, and a decent advertising push to make it shine. Suikoden's old enough to garner nostalgia; Konami has been making pushes to bring the series' popularity back up in Japan; handhelds shoo-ins for RPGs, remakes, and RPG remakes; everything seems in place for a Suikoden remake to become at least a minor hit.

Unfortunately, Konami seems more interested in Target: Terror than anything else non-MGS right now. Shame, really.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, if either Suikoden I or II got a remake, I'd be pretty unimpressed and even unhappy if the remake was a shoddy PS1-era 3D like the FF remakes on DS. I don't really like that graphical style, and I'd actually find it to be more of a downgrade compared to Suikoden II's 2D, which I think is beautiful.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed that the current styles are fantasitc, but i think out of curiosity i would like to see a fully upgraded version made for current consoles, a ps3 remake would own much ass. But i also agree that anything like the recent final fantasy remakes would be a huge let dfown to the serise, i think it works well for FF it looks and plays great for how its intended, Suikoden however would would rather disgusting if made similar to those.
Aleolus

The Steel Bulwark

7746 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I hope they release them here in America! I also hope that they have the feature the PS versions had where you load data from the prior game into it! I so want to get all the cool stuff you needed that to get!

I also hope they do the same for III, because I have NOT been able to find that one ANYWHERE. Including the internet.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope we see a Pal Release, it would make me buy a PSP most probably. It would be awesome to play those two games on the move.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gradeAbra

1044 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some of my gameplay picture for PSP Suikoden.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd8/gradeAbra/snap002.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd8/gradeAbra/snap006.jpg
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it import friendly to someone who never played the two games in English?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No it's not import friendly, since alot of the time you'll only learn where the hell you're supposed to go through dialog.

And you know, these days if you wanna play S1 & S2 wherever in English you pretty much can. It's probably legal too. I mean, you are allowed to make backups, and you're allowed to use those backups for your own personal use and the PSP has an excellent PS1 emulator on it already installed and I'm not saying anymore cause... Ok, so it may be fringe legal, there are a few things you have to do in order to get there... I'm just saying, Suikoden on the go... It's SWEET! And totally worth it! :D

Aleolus wrote:
I also hope they do the same for III, because I have NOT been able to find that one ANYWHERE. Including the internet.

I'm just thinking here... But ebay? Just a thought...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Is it import friendly to someone who never played the two games in English?

Absolutely not, is this true of any RPG? You'll have to get the Playstation (or Saturn for I) versions if you want to experience them at the moment. :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: