Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Batman: Gotham Knight (anime)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Batman: Gotham Knight (anime) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was a nice surprise to wake up to and see in my email inbox. To help launch the summer release of the sequel, The Dark Knight, Warner Brothers and DC Comics have been hard at work in producing an animated film connecting together six short stories starring Batman himself. This time around the producers will forgo the usual Western animation-style used in all Batman animated projects. They've opted instead to use Japanese animation to show Batman in a way never seen before.

Some of the Japanese animation studios already onboard for the project are Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Madhouse. Satoshi Kon will be one hired to direct one of the six short stories in the project.

Batman: Gotham Knight behind-the-scenes

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The video was taken down. Boo.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awww, it was quite cool in showing some of the different anome studio styles used for each of the six short stories.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dunno if this is the same video as Tull had originally, however superherohype have a 9:40 sneek peak / first look of this up with the whole interviewing DC staff intermingled with various shorts and concept art.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the same video as the one that had I had linked through YouTube.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this looks pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing this.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That looks really cool... ^^ I can't wait.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was quite suprised when my Batman fan friend showed this to me earlier today. It looks like it will be really well done from the short clips they showed throughout the interviews. I'll probably see it one way or another when it comes out!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved how the Animatrix turned out, so I'm pretty excited to see the idea getting tossed around with another wonderfully suited series. Batman really is the most 'Japanese' of America's super-heroes-- so to see him done justice in anime form is pretty interesting.

Satoshi Kon + Batman is going to be mad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
IBatman really is the most 'Japanese' of America's super-heroes

Explain yourself.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Batman in JP animation? Kick ass. I can't wait for it.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
Gil-galad wrote:
IBatman really is the most 'Japanese' of America's super-heroes

Explain yourself.

That's what they talk about in the video that was linked to. Check it out, it's pretty interesting. It's been a while since I watched it, but if I remember correctly the justify that claim by talking about how Batman is the least polarized type of superhero in mainstream American comics-- not just that superhuman 'good-guy' fighting for the good of the people, but just a human with motivation and a dark past. In that regard the call him more like the heroes of Japanese manga and anime, than American comics.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: