Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Character Competition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Character Competition Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wanted to let everyone know who didn't already know, that Luca Blight has been entered into the GameFAQs character competition!
Personally I voted for Luca, Viktor and Ace, and I think that it's great that Luca got through. However he is up against Magus in the first round so it could end up the same as the best game competition.
What are everyone elses thoughts about this, and who did you vote for, or would have voted for if you didn't.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pfft... As if...

Sephirot is in. That alone tells you who will win.

Anyway, my votes are still going for Luca (and Dante and Tommy Vercetti), but it's not like it'd make a difference anyway.

All the way to the edge of this world
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for, Viki, Riou, Jeane, Alice (Shadow Hearts), Yuri (Shadow Hearts), and some others which I forget right now.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm going to vote for Luca. Even though it doesn't matter though since anything FFVII always wins those contests. In the end, it will probably be Cloud v.s Sephiroth. Oh well, at least Luca didn't get forced to fight Cloud his first battle, like how Suikoden had to go against FFVII right off the bat in the best game contest. Although I can't really see him beating Magus either...

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, this time, it will be impossible to have it be Cloud vs. Sephiroth at the final match. This year, popular characters from the same game or series were placed in the same initial divisions. So, since both Cloud and Sephiroth are in the same initial division, appropriately called the "Midgar Division", it is impossible for them both to make it to the final match.

Of course, as you said, Luca is up against Magus in the first round, so despite CJayC attempting to keep the battle winding up a FF7 fest, I still am not to hopeful on his chances.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...this will be hard for me. Magus is one my favourite characters EVER, but I want to vote for Luca so someone from Suikoden can proceed in the contest. What to do, what to do....?

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fubar could win, just because his name is an acronym.
he could um...use the mysterous powers of his namesake and eliminate any foe in his path.
Fubar action away!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, this time, it will be impossible to have it be Cloud vs. Sephiroth at the final match. This year, popular characters from the same game or series were placed in the same initial divisions. So, since both Cloud and Sephiroth are in the same initial division, appropriately called the "Midgar Division", it is impossible for them both to make it to the final match

Yeah, i think CJayC did a pretty good job, atleast better then lat year with trying to keep if fair (I hate having Cloud vs. Sephiroth as the last battle)
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, well that's good that everything FFVII is in the same division. At least it won't be a repeat of the previous character competition. What they should do one of these days is have a character competition for games that aren't so popular.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they shouldn't put characters that made it really far into last year's competition into the following year's competition. I love FFVII as much as the next guy but I'm getting sick of them winning EVERYthing. New people need to win. Anyway, that's what I think.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if they were to do a character competition for games that arent as famous as some others might not attract enough attention or people will just be clueless as to who to vote for. It might also make some new fans for games that might not be as popular as some of the others out there. Im sure the companies would just love for something like that to happen. Only problem lies with finding images and decent characters for said tournament use and it might be somewhat smaller than other competitions. I suppose it would be a good idea though in the long run. Maybe even create some new competition for the top games out there.

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this time Iam ganna vote for : ( Sephirot - Yuri - Victor ) their chance of winning
is very high .
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The day a Suikoden character wins over Sephiroth will be the day I eat my ha-...er, crown.

Let's face it - There's no accounting for taste, the Sephiroth fanbois and girls outnumber Suikoden fans by quite a good margin. (I'd say at least 50:1) Then you have the Final Fantasy diehards, who, while they may proclaim Sephiroth to be "overdone", are still going to vote for him instead of a character from another series.

The idea of this becoming anything other than a Square showdown is just going to be a fantasy.

...And I think it's criminal that so many of the better, more developed characters in the series - Luc, Sasarai, even Yuber - got ignored in place of Luca. Honestly, he's the villian I'm least interested in Suikoden.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IN the words of Luca. Dies pigs!!!!! bwahahahahahahah Luca still is my fave suikoden character. lol He needs to win :-P

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...And I think it's criminal that so many of the better, more developed characters in the series - Luc, Sasarai, even Yuber - got ignored in place of Luca. Honestly, he's the villian I'm least interested in Suikoden.

The reason for this, is if you went to the GameFAQs Suikoden 2 board, you would have noticed that a bunch of people were trying to get Lucva into the conest, which they succeded in doing. That's why Luca got in but not Yuber, Luc, Neclord etc. (I would also have much preffered one of them compared to Luca also.)

But atleast someone from Suikoden got in this year. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: