Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not terribly different. The CO Powers just don't have much oomph behind them (for me, they aren't even available in the Campaign Mode yet), and they removed ridiculousness like those stealth bombers and Megatanks.

I'm still trying to figure out the most efficient way to use CO Zones, though.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this game finally, I really like the changes, a few more COs would be nice but I haven't unlocked them all yet anyway.

SPOILERS FOR THE END OF MISSION 15: I can't believe Brenner died, he was an awesome character, if they make another game in this universe I hope he's in it somehow, like a prequel set before the apocalypse. /SPOILERS
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just played someone online for the first time and it improved my opinion of CO Zones and the new CO Powers, but that wasn't very high to begin with.

Basically, multiplayer makes this game. If you don't intend to play it like that, I honestly wouldn't buy it. A lot of the later Campaign Mode missions are just clusterfucks for the middle of the field, and it can stalemate if you're not careful. "The Creeper" was one mission where I just had to throw unit after unit at the enemy in order to finish the mission.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found The Creeper really easy, take over the north and south bases, block the paths and then build some bombers, put Tasha in one of them and you can OHKO the cannon.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was my strategy from the start, and I even took half of the middle of the field through some crafty capturing/combining work. It didn't do much for me, though.

I'm not sure how your Tabitha responded, but as soon as I bunkered down, she put around 12 Fighters and Anti-Air guns just outside my attack range. Combine that with the War Tank and Missiles camped out in front of the cannon's weak point (with Anti-Tanks stationed on either side), and I eventually had to go in one tank/bomber at a time until I whittled away her cannon guards. The only reason I could beat her is because I could outproduce Bombers compared to her Fighters.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
Anyway, is anyone on Mission 21 yet? This one is a pain in the ass! Pre-deployed units and the enemy has a lot of good ones..but adding in Fog of War? Damn the people at IS! *shake fist*

I don't get what's so hard about it. I cleared it in 11 days. Against the strategy advice, take the west isle right away, send your subs to the northwest to catch some battleships and carriers, shoot a flare over the double bridge and prepare a trap for the anti-tank with your rockets and prepare to advance north and so on...
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although people usually don't do this during Fog of War, I can't stress enough the importance of diving your sub. It tears through Greyfield's fleet since he doesn't start with a cruiser, so you need to keep it hidden at almost all times.

It also helps if you build a Temp. Port on the north side of the western island. When the sub gets low on fuel or ammo, send it back for a resupply and continue your decimation of his fleet.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People not diving subs? Wow, I gotta catch some of those guys in WiFi...

The Rig is in some danger from the Battleships though, the Cruiser can see a bit farther than them and risk the Rig on the north beach. The east shoal is safer.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People not diving subs in Fog of War because, well, the fog protects them for a while. It's important to conserve fuel, and I can sort of see why you wouldn't want to at first, but it's just smart to dive them regardless.

I actually built the Temp. Port with little resistance (one Seaplane caught it and did a bit of damage, but my Cruiser quickly routed it on the following turn), and I found the north shoal to be worth it because of the ability to reach it in a single turn from the tiles adjacent to the enemy ports. So, I could camp my subs and cruisers right next to it to destroy anything he decided to pump out, then resupply quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: