Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New England for sure. Tom Brady is just that good. I give the chargers a very, very, very small chance of an upset. They've got the composure of being in the huge games before and I doubt this game will have them in any sort of different mindset.

NFC is a little tougher..I give Green Bay the favor just because Eli is the QB of the Giants. I still look at him as an inconsistant passer. Like his brother, he gets flustered by good pass rushing defenses..and I'd have to look it up, but I think KGB and Kampmen had the most combined sacks of any D-end tandem in the NFL. I see them putting Eli on his back a lot. On the other end, NY has a great pass rush too..but Farve has shown throughout his career that he can handle the heavy pressure.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Green Bay and New England, though I am of course hoping that San Diego can do the impossible.

If New York and New England is the Superbowl, I swear I'm not going to watch it. >_>

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I have to officially state the obvious. I'm going for New England and Green Bay.

I sincerely hope the San Diego Chargers do the unthinkable and defeat the Patriots, but if they don't I won't be all that angry. I mean, we wait all our lives to see a team do something like this, and then when it actually happens, they're marred as being the "bad guys". Its as if we all somehow dispise the fact they're doing something no other team has in the history of football. Yeah those Dolphins did something similar years ago, but the level of competition and the toughness of the game has increased dramatically and the rules are different so I feel that what the Patriots are doing is exponentially more difficult that when the Dolphins did it in the seventies. But, because I am a Bills fan, and they are the Patriots, one of my team's biggest rivals, I root for their demise. But under the microscope, I really have no problem with anyone on that team. Tom Brady is a nice guy, if somewhat cocky. But he is easily one of the best quarterbacks of our era. Randy Moss deserves his super bowl. After years of success in Minnesota with no rings to show, he might now finally get his ring. Good for him. Bill Belichick is a mastermind. He deserves this super bowl win more than anyone on the team. That "spygate" issue was bull as it didn't really even give them an edge, and they proved that they didn't need to cheat to win by winning every game since. So, if the Patriots do move on and win the whole damned thing, good for them.

Onto the NFC. Even more than I want to see the Chargers beat the Patriots, I want to see Green Bay beat the Giants. Its not that I have a vendetta out for anyone on the Giants, I just really want to see Brett Favre go to the super bowl one last time. Unless he stays around and goes again next year, but that is somewhat unlikely. The NFC has a knack for having their NFC championship game teams fall far from grace. The Bears and Saints will testify to that one. Even the Seahawks haven't gotten back that flair they had the year they went to the super bowl. Anyhow, yeah, nothing against Eli Manning or Michael Strahan, but I want to see Brett get one final accolade. If I had my way, I'd see Brett win the super bowl too. I like how Eli is playing though, he's finally stepping up and being the player the Giants wanted since day one, andif they do advance to the super bowl, they totally deserve it. No team has played with the fire the Giants have all post season. They've stepped up and shown they're no fluke and were better than the Wild Card slot they were given. I knew they were better than Tampa Bay and Dallas. I only picked Dallas because I thought the Cowboys would step up in the playoffs. I'm glad they didn't. Those Cowboys really are funny. I love watching them lose.

Because I may not be active in 2 weeks (I might be moving or something) I'll post my Super Bowl picks now. I'll cover all the possibilities here.

Patriots vs Packers - Patriots 27-23
Patriots vs. Giants - Patriots 42-27
Chargers vs. Packers - Packers - 28-18
Chargers vs. Giants - Giants 30-28

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, I forgot about this thread...

Anyways, two games this week...

As hilarious as I find it that the Giants beat the Cowboys, I'm not buying them to beat the Packers in Lambeau when Eli Manning said he hated playing in cold weather. That and I like the idea of Favre going to the superbowl, sue me :P

In the other game, I don't think the Pats are going to cover the 14 point spread, but I think they're going to win, likely by a TD.

Which sets up Brett Favre vs. Tom Brady for the superbowl.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Superbowl

New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - New England for the perfect season. GO!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ruh roh, Tom Brady has been seen going to Gisele Bundchen's condo with a walking bootcast on his right foot. The Pats are doomed! DOOMED!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

patriots for the win and to complete their perfect season.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Ruh roh, Tom Brady has been seen going to Gisele Bundchen's condo with a walking bootcast on his right foot. The Pats are doomed! DOOMED!

We all know that Tom Brady is the only person in the world capable of having both a personal and professional life.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: