Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Discussion & Rumours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yeah. There's no reason to even think that a new form of broadcast is going to affect the overall product outside of presentation. If anything, though, it will make it easier for the company to archive and use material for DVDs without loss of quality.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of DVD's, should WWE start using high memory disks like Blu Ray and/or HD DVDs to use in their anthology DVDs? I'm thinking that it would be a great form of marketing, seeing as how many hours of footage, interviews, and bonus features they could smash into one disk.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If WWE were to actually include special features in their anthology sets, I would say they should go for it. Personally, though, I think they should avoid alienating part of their consumer base by choosing between Blu Ray or HD DVD and should just release identical versions of their products on both.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BTW, word going around is that Bobby Lashley left a message on his official webpage saying that he's gone from WWE.

See: websites with NEWZ like PWS who seems to have taken it from the Observer.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it does seem to be confirmed.

Quote:
The following was written by Richard Gray:

We are now able to confirm that Bobby Lashley is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment. In a phone call placed to WrestlingNewsWorld.com's Ryan Gray, Lashley said that he is gone from the company. While he would not give any specifics he made it clear that he did not want to leave but had too due to circumstances beyond his control.

Lashley told WrestlingNewsWorld.com's Ryan Gray that he was training hard for a potential career in Mixed Martial Arts. The former ECW Champion said that despite the fact that he wanted to pursue an MMA career, it would not be with UFC.

Lashley would not comment on whether or not he would be interested in going to TNA Wrestling. He said that WWE has granted his release but it would not be announced until the paperwork was finalized.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Captain NoCharisma, Black Goldberg, and mediocre ECW Champ is gone from WWE. That's a good thing, right? WWE has milked out the good midcarders and turned them into something we hate. Remember Cena in Smackdown 5 years ago?

Quote:
If WWE were to actually include special features in their anthology sets, I would say they should go for it. Personally, though, I think they should avoid alienating part of their consumer base by choosing between Blu Ray or HD DVD and should just release identical versions of their products on both.

That would be good but you know how WWE is. They'd probably prefer something cheaper to release their anthology DVDs. They might even go as far as releasing them in Betamax and VHS format if the funds for HD fails the company entirely.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes bobby lashly gone from wwe is a good thing. the guy plain and simply sucked.

glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess he and the WWE had enough of each other to ask for his release.

I wonder who will fill his spot in the roster.

There talk that John Cena will not be at WrestleMania and it could cost him alot of money if it happens.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wrestlemania with out john cena is good. been nice not having to see him on raw and him being off wrestlemania would do good.

man i knew the ultimate warrior said some dumb shit but this is really bad how he talks bad about heath leadger.

Quote:
Credit: TMZ.com

Former face-painting wrestling superstar and current homophobe Ultimate Warrior is using Heath Ledger's death as an opportunity to take serious shots at Heath, gays and his former rival, Hulk Hogan.

In a post on his blog titled "dead long before 28," the idiot Warrior refers to Heath as "Leather Ledger," and facetiously praises the late actor's parenting skills by saying he "did what it took to kill himself," adding, "His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery."
Warrior also refers to "Brokeback Mountain" as "Bendover Brokeback" and mockingly praises Heath's courage for taking the role. All this from a man who became famous for oiling himself up and running around in man-panties and teased hair!

But the bashing wasn't over -- Warrior then went after Hulk Hogan's fathering skills, saying, "He insists on sticking around ruining, and profiting off of, the parentally mismanaged lives of his own children."

Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, I didn't know Warrior was still alive. Damn it, God takes the life of the Fabulous Moolah and refuses to take Warrior? Maybe Satan doesn't want to take Warrior as well. Damn it!

Quote:
Warrior also refers to "Brokeback Mountain" as "Bendover Brokeback" and mockingly praises Heath's courage for taking the role. All this from a man who became famous for oiling himself up and running around in man-panties and teased hair!

ZING! :*laugh*:

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i found that part to be damn funny.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great wwe thinking of doing on incest storyline. if they seriously do this, this will be the first worst storyline for 2008.

Quote:
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon has given his approval for a storyline involving incest. We first reported on the angle tat would involve Ohio Valley Wrestling wrestlers Katie Lea and Paul Burchill last week. The angle would likely take place on either ECW or Raw, because there is some concern that it would get the wrong kind of heat if it were to take place on SmackDown -- which is on network television.

McMahon has wanted to do an incest angle for years. He once suggested that he be the father of his daughter Stephanie's baby. As revealed on the McMahon DVD, Stephanie turned down the angle. According to her, Vince was to reveal himself as the father of her baby; when she said no, he pushed for Shane to be the father, but she turned that idea down as well.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Royal Rumble turned out to be a fairly lacklustre event, with the high point actually being Michael Buffer making the introduction for the Rumble match. The worst moment had to be when John Cena, of all people, won the Rumble. If he wins the title, any title at WrestleMania, I may just have to give up on WWE.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just read the results and why in the hell did they let cena win. it's going to be a real dissapointment to watch cena back in the spotlight again on raw since vince is big on him.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. It says something when, after nearly 20 years watching WWE programming, the presence of one overhyped piece of trash can drive me to giving up on the whole thing. Hmmm, TNA with their illogical storylines and angles is starting to become more appealing.

Sadly, there were plenty of sheep at the theatre I went to who not only went nuts when Cena came out but actually liked that he won. I haven't missed a WrestleMania since WrestleMania XIX but the thought of seeing Cena take either the WWE or World Heavyweight titles is sickening.

Hell, Big Show would have been a much more palatable choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: