Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So who's your team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeWarrior

Piercing Rain

253189 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I see me and Sai won't get along very well. Why, you ask? Simple.

O-H-I-O! That's right born and bred an Ohioian, and proud of it. Lifelong Browns, Cavs, Indians, and BUCKEYES fan. And I despise the Pistons, and Tigers.

Yet even, though I'm an Ohio State fan, I don't hate the Wolverines. It goes something like this:

Buckeyes
Duke(but only in Basketball)
Rest of the Big Ten
Almost every one else
USC
The SEC
North Carolina
Notre Dame

Come NHL, I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Cause growing up there wasn't a team in Ohio, so I went with the next closest one. And besides, who can argue with the talent of Crosby and Malkin?

Also I my second favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers.
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm what most people call a sports fanatic. I'm the guy that watches Sports Center 3 times a day, even though they show the same things over and over again >.> . I've never been much of a home town team kind of guy, seeing as my family is not actually from the DC area.

Favorite Teams:

NFL: OAKLAND RAIDERS
others: Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskins, Carolina Panthers

NBA: HOUSTON ROCKETS (Yao Ming baby)
others: Washington Wizards

NHL: OTTAWA SENATORS
others: Pittsburgh Penguins

MLB: SEATTLE MARINERS

EPL: MANCHESTER UNITED

NCAA(Football): PENN STATE
others: Maryland, Florida St, Michigan, West Virginia

NCAA(Basketball): NORTH CAROLINA
others: Maryland
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For football, it's none other than the 49ers. My dad was born and raised in San Francisco, so it's a bit of a no brainer there! I used to go for the Giants in baseball, but I don't much care about baseball these days...

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see another 49ers fan in these here parts. Now let's see about finding a way for the Yorks to end up selling the team to Oracle's Larry Ellison and his billions and billions of dollars.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'd love for them to stay in San Francisco, but Hunter's Point? They do realise how dangerous that area is, don't they? Ticket sales are going to drop, I would expect. I'm sure there are better options!

Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NFL:
My home team, the New Orleans Saints. They performed less than they were capable of this year though. The Dallas Cowboys would come in second as my favorite team.

NCAA (Football):
I'm going with my state's top team, LSU.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Yeah, I'd love for them to stay in San Francisco, but Hunter's Point? They do realise how dangerous that area is, don't they? Ticket sales are going to drop, I would expect. I'm sure there are better options!

Well, part of San Francisco's stadium plan will be to renovate the Hunter's Point area. The thinking is renovate the place and bring in jobs from the construction of the football stadium and office complex that will be part of it and you make the place a better area to live in. I don't believe that will happen and even if it does there's the traffic issue.

Putting the stadium down in Santa Clara won't be too far a trip and technically the team can still keep calling itself the San Francisco 49ers. I mean The New York Jets plays their home games in New Jersey and they're not called the New Jersey Jets.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds like the plan for the downtown area of my city. They are trying to tear down all the old cheap apartments, mostly occupied by illegals, lowly types (like drug dealers and prostitutes), and the poor, and rebuild expensive apartments within the next decade or so. Problem is, the only people who will move into that area and pay such prices are hookers and drug dealers. The one such building that has already been completed has already has these issues. Not to mention, if someone respectable did move in, they'd probably get robbed or worse, since they are so near the lower income area. Only good thing is that the police station is half a block away. You can't expect to create such a drastic change so quickly.

Edit: For a one bedroom in that building, it was supposed to be $1500!

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the San Francisco plan to build such a stadium complex in the Bayview-Hunter's Point district would include low-income affordable housing to make sure the low-income people in the district are not displaced by the yuppies and dotcommers. I'm all for that and I'll probably even live there, but everything comes down to whether the city and Mayor Newsom can convince the Yorks that the plan is doable within the next couple years. The way the Yorks are handling things the only way they'll even contemplate the San Francisco plan is if the Santa Clara plan gets rejected by the people of Santa Clara.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I can show my love for my teams here.

MLB - Atlanta Braves

Get that Tomahawk chop going now! I'm a Braves fan and have been for the majority of my life. My stepfather got me into baseball when I was a kid and tried to condition me to like the New York Yankees but back then all they had was Don Mattingly. As a youth, I liked the Oakland Athletics a lot. I was a huge fan of Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco. Of course we all know how those careers wound up going. Mark went on to break the Home Run record and then be labeled a cheat, and Jose Canseco is a flat out admitted cheat and has no problem dishing out other cheats. My stepfather said when I was a kid that Canseco was a bum and well, I guess he was right. Anyhow, because I couldn't watch my Athletics growing up, I was only able to see baseball on TBS, which led me to liking the Atlanta Braves. This is the sole reason for my fanhood. That and they were actually a good team and won the majority of their games. I know, its easy to love a team when they win, but in all fairness, they only won one world series throughout all their "dominance". I seem to have that effect on my favorite teams, they like to get so close then putter out at the end. My favorite players of all time from the Braves were David Justice, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz and Chipper Jones. Justice was released and played for a few AL teams (Including the dreaded Yankees I grew to detest). Maddux still pitches and has had a successful career on all teams he played for. Glavine was a New York Met for a few years but has now rejoined the Braves over the off season. Maybe its just for one last year with the franchise that made him a name and then he'll retire. I hope he retires as a Brave. Smoltzy is still a Brave and is showing no signs of letting up his talent. He is probably my favorite player on the team now, even over Glavine and Chipper. I'm also a fan of Tim Hudson and Mark Texiera. The braves recently resigned Mark Texiera to a slim one year contract. His acquisition really was dividends last year as he really turned it on after he joined Atlanta mid season. I was at a Mets-Braves game over the summer and saw him homer, it was great. The dealing of Andruw Jones off to Los Angeles was unavoidable, but after the lackluster year he had last year, I'm not too depressed over it. I just hope his replacement, Mark Kotsay from Oakland, can do a decent job.

Other teams I like: Oakland Athletics, Kansas City Royals (Shh), New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates.

Hated Teams: New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers

NFL - Buffalo Bills

Let's go Buffalo! Being from the area, its no coincidence I'm a fan of the hometown team. I'm as loyal as it comes too, for my Buffalo Bills. I can't afford to go to their games and because of my health, even if I could go, I wouldn't be able to sit out in the cold for half of them. But that aside, I'm a huge armchair warrior for the Bills. I try and watch every game of theirs that I can. I only do not watch them if they are blacked out, but that rarely happens, even during losing seasons. Because Buffalo has the best fans for their team, they go to even the worst games. The last time I remember a blacked out game was... Years ago at home versus the Tennessee Titans and we came back from like a 16 point deficit to win the game. Yep, its been a while now that I think of it. Buffalo has always been my team, but again growing up it was easy to like them because they were so damn good. Jim Kelly's K-Gun offense was easily one of the best run offenses in league history. Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Don Bebee, James Lofton. Those were the days. Our defense was pretty tough too, Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett led the team each year in sacks and stopped the opponents flat. I loved watching them as a kid. Of course there's the pain of Wide Right (The missed Field Goal by Scott Norwood that would have won us the Super Bowl) and the following 3 losses to the NFC East. Maybe thats why I like Philadelphia Eagles, they're the only NFC East team to not beat Buffalo in a Super Bowl. I've since forgiven the Giants, as it was more Scott's fault than it was the Giants. But the Redskins and the Cowboys will be hated. Moreso the Cowboys than the Redskins. Anyhow, the current team isn't that bad, but it still needs a bit of work. But its all moot unless the Patriots oldies all retire and Moss goes his separate way after this year. Those Patriots are crazy good. I like Marshawn Lynch and I see him becoming a premier back in the NFL, but we need to sort out th QB and WR situation before he can break out.

Other teams I like in the NFL? Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles

Teams I hate: NEW YORK JETS!!!!!!!!! Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans, Carolina Panthers

NHL - Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres are my hometown team, so I have to like them by default, right? Not exactly. I like them because I choose to. Even when they were a bad franchise for so many years in the 80s and 90s, I followed them and watched their pitiful seasons. They'd muster a decent season here and there. But for the most part, they sucked. Alexander Mogilny, Dave Andreychuck, Dale Hawerchuck, Rob Ray, Daren Puppa, Christian Ruuttu... Those guys were my boys growing up. Then they got good and had the likes of Dominik Hasek, Miroslav Satan, Alexei Zhitnik, Michael Peca and those guys. That was some good hockey those years. The frisking Dallas Stars just HAD to beat us in our only chance at the Stanley Cup. Like I said in the MLB past, I have a knack for liking teams that almost get the job done. Only Atlanta actually has won a championship in my lifetime for my favorite teams. And they only won 1 out of how many great seasons? GAH. Last Year for the Sabres was a huge heartbreak. Let me tell you. The city almost burned down when they lost it. Then the off season came and took our great players away from us and we're left with a shell of a franchise. Fricking free agency.

Other liked teams: Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Phoenix Coyotes, Toronto Maple Leafs

Hated Teams: Dallas Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, Philadelphia Flyers, Ottawa Senators

NBA - New York Knicks

I'll admit it. I like the Knicks. Again, they come close sometimes, but don't do the whole thing. The only years they could have won a championship was the same years those fricking Bulls were unstoppable. I don't hate the Chicago Bulls like I used to, partially because most of my hatred for the team was placed on the shoulders of one Michael Jordan. As frustrating as it was to be on the wrong end of the Jordan era, I was still awes and inspired by his play and as frustrating as his play was against my Knicks, I admired him as a player, though loathed the results. I suppose I deemed him a worth adversary. Or something like that. Anyhow, the Knicks always seemed to find ways to lose big series in the playoffs. That huge series against the Heat in '97 really still irks me. Any devoted basketball fan remembers the series. The one where New York was handing Miami their asses, then the Heat, in frustration started to throw punches and because the team stepped up and defended themselves, Patrick Ewing, Charlie Ward, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson and John Starks (Basically their starting 5) were suspended and they lost the series. It will forever piss me off every time I see the Miami Heat and Pat Riley. As cool as Riley was when he coached the Knicks, I'll hate him for never winning a championship with us and allowing such a brawl to take place. Of course I'll go back further with my frustration (I'll forego the numerous times the Pacers gave the Knicks an early playoff Exit)and point my hate finger at the Houston Rockets. The year that the Bulls sucked because Jordan left, the Knicks capitalized and finally made the finals. Of course they met up with Hakeem Olajuwon and somehow underperformed. The curse of being my favorite team strikes again. For some reason when the Knicks dominated all year, they got into the finals and fell asleep. The succumbed to the strong defense of the Rockets, something that they never seemed to have a problem doing all year againnst "defensive" teams. I tell you its frustrating to see them suffer like they did. Their most recent championship run, the first year the Spurs were dominant, I was not as angry about. Partially because the Knicks were on their way down and still managed to do well. They barely snuck into the post season and somehow made the finals by offing the Heat (Retribution I suppose for the brawl games before, still I'm pissed.) and two other teams I can't rememebr. I think the Pacers were in there too. But I do remember the finals. Ewing was hurt and couldn't play the series so we knew going in David Robinson was going to get his ring, at the behest of Ewing who never got his. I can't hate the Spirs because the Knicks were so battered and bruised going in and the Spurs were really a dramatically better team. The Knicks really weren't the best team in the Conference that year and their run to the finals was a fluke. I was glad though and hoped they would pull off the win but the Spurs polished off the Knicks quickly.

Other teams I like: Boston Celtics, Seattle SuperSonics, Utah Jazz

Teams I hate: Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, New Jersey Nets

I don't follow Soccer/Futball but if I were to pick a team I like there I'd side with Chelsea F.C.. I see them on the TV a lot and they're a good team.

As fopr college, I'm not a huge follower of that either. I mean I watch the March Madness and the BCS stuff for those sports, but I can't say I'm a routine fan of anyone per say. I suppose if I were to pick some colleges I like, I'd go with the Syracuse Orangemen, Ohio State Buckeyes, Clemson Tigers and North Carolina Tarheels. I know the Tar Heels and the Orangemen are more NCAA Basketball and the Buckeyes and Tigers are football colleges, but after that I'm not sure what college specializes in what. Florida is good for both. I know there's some colleges that specialize a lot more in Basketball than Football, like Gonzaga, George Washington and UConn. Oh which reminds me! I'm a fan of the Tennessee Volunteers women's basketball team. Pat Summitt is one hell of a great coach and she has to have the best scouting in all NCAA, mens or womens. They perpetually are dominant. Go Lady Vols!

I follow Tennis, Golf and other lesser individual sports too, but since those aren't teams, I don't know if I can put them in here.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: