Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games that suck all the fun out of it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Games that suck all the fun out of it... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread is intended to discuss any game that you've ever played that has left you with a really unsatisfied feeling. Maybe it was a game you were really looking forward to, only to find out it wasn't worth all the hype. Maybe the game itself was pretty good, but there were things that bugged you about it so much that you decided it just wasn't worth it. Or perhaps it was something else entirely?

My own experience with feeling of disappointment came after I purchased WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 for the PS2 a couple of years back. The reviews were absolutely glowing. The graphics and voice acting were superb. Season mode was a lot of fun, too. This game also took a big step up in difficulty, which is something fans of the series had been asking for. All that sounds great, right?

Well, I played it, and quickly discovered that while all this was indeed true, there were things that really frustrated me about it. For one, certain high-flying moves were absolutely useless, since the AI got up off the mat so quickly, your wrestler would miss practically every time. Any of you who ever played this game with the likes of Rob Van Dam or the late, great Eddie Guerrero know what I'm talking about if you ever tried to utilize one of their trademark frog splashes.

Then, there was perhaps the stupidest marketing gimmick in the history of marketing gimmicks. One of the unlockable wrestlers in this game was old-school WWE wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Except you couldn't unlock him unless you had yourself a PSP, or knew someone that did. Oh, and you'd need a copy of the same exact game, in PSP form, to do it. So that's $50 for a PS2 game, $300 for a PSP, and whatever it would have cost to get another copy of the game for the PSP. For one wrestler. That kind of greedy, corporate nonsense bugged me so much, I ended up returning the game about a week after purchasing it.

Call me crazy, but when I play a game like this, I want to be able to earn everything on my own accord, without having to buy something that I don't want. And since I don't use cheat devices like Gameshark, there was no way I was going to be able to. I haven't purchased a WWE game since, which is just as well. Most of them are just annual mini-updates to their predecessors anyway. Sorry to sound like a nitpick, but honestly, that's how I feel. So with my rant at an official end, I welcome thoughts on other games from the rest of the peanut gallery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: