Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Musou Orochi (Dynasty/Samurai Warriors crossover)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I fiiiiinally got this! I don't know why it was so hard to find in my city, but oh well.

I've been working on unlocking everyone. I'm having major issues with Zhen Ji though, and I don't know what the problem is. I killed all 6 sorcerers, as well as the fake Cao Pi. I did it a couple times and didn't unlock her. I tried running through it fast, mixed up the order I killed the sorcerers in. I've killed everyone on the map in every play though, should I try and ignore some of them or something? I was finding she wouldn't go north to the fake Cao Pi unless I killed everyone though.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Maybe there's a time limit I don't know about?

-My DeviantArt-
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember failing to get her the first time I tried this and I couldn't work out why, anyway, just make sure you're in story mode and that you kill the sorcerers, not someone else. Perhaps this video will help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaI4Lfro9es

If there is a time limit it'll be around 10 minutes or so.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DW/SW cross. You may think this sounds like garbage but that sounds like 2 games for the price of one!

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
I remember failing to get her the first time I tried this and I couldn't work out why, anyway, just make sure you're in story mode and that you kill the sorcerers, not someone else. Perhaps this video will help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaI4Lfro9es

If there is a time limit it'll be around 10 minutes or so.

I think there's a time limit of some sort, but wasn't able to find any concrete info on it...at least not when I was playing. You also have to let her and Cao Pi have their conversation or you won't get her. I think that if you cream the fake Cao Pi too fast or don't let the conversation after you take out the fake happen, the requirements for unlocking aren't met.

That was one of the more vague ones that I had to do a couple of times too.

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
DW/SW cross. You may think this sounds like garbage but that sounds like 2 games for the price of one!

LoL! Ya know, honestly I was a little leery of the entire premise myself. I have too big a weakness for the musou series though, so I gave it a shot and was actually pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy the game. I miss some of the story elements, but I like some of the gameplay changes. Just wish there were actually alternate costumes instead of palette swaps and that I could have Japanese VA. Yeah right.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Played this game yesterday, completely disappointed, and I think it's because of Devil Kings.

Honestly, if you guys want a good hack 'n slash game, go get Devil Kings. It's two or three years old and still better than what Koei is offering.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friend had Devil Kings but I never did play it.

I finally unlocked Zhen Ji, I don't know what I did different, but whatever lol.

-My DeviantArt-
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh. Devil kings is trash.

Anyway. Zhen Ji gave me a great deal of trouble too. It took me a few days to get her. I had been missing one of the wizard guys that you were supposed to kill off or some such. Most people seemed to have trouble managing to get her because of the time constraints if I remember right.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Devil Kings is garbage, I honestly don't know what Orochi Warriors is! Negative mass or something that could suck so hard that it unravels the fabric of space-time.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aren't we going a bit off topic? Why not make a debate thread on Devil Kings vs. Dynasty Warriors or something? Just a thought.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's nothing wrong with dissent unless it digresses, but that's all I wanted to say on the matter.

I tend to look down on versus topics, closing them about 75% of the time due to lack of effort. A Devil Kings/Sengoku Basara thread might be in order, though.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it should, I thought Devil Kings was a very poor rip off of the whole Koei Warriors format, not to mention all the characters having dumb names on its euro release.

Ive not picked this up in a while, I was leveling my Shu army to get musashi during one of the bonus levels (those supposed great swordsmen keep dying grrr)

Musou Orochi is in no way a perfect game but still I feel its better than Devil Kings, I still wish they just used gameplay from Samurai Warriors 2 rather than both like the fact you get knocked from horses in one hit.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't know why, but this is the only game I like to play currently on my PS2. How sad.

When I played Devil Kings, I thought it wasn't half bad but the characters looked as much as rip-offs from its Samurai Warriors counterpart. Just look at this.

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the case of games depicting the Sengoku period, to call one series a rip-off of another is misleading.

They are depiction of the same historical figures after all, so similarities are abound. i.e. If one is named Sanada Yukimura across different adaptations, one would expect at least some similarities. There's so much creative license can do when messing around with renowned historical figures, it seems.

They attempted to reduce the impact of this "rip-off" reception by localising Sengoku Basara as Devil Kings, and substituted the characters' names with cheesy fantasy nicknames. And, it seems that didn't go too well. Sengoku Basara 2 never made it over.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not very good at these types of games, but I really like them, so I still play.

I've got all four story modes up until the last level where I fight Orochi. I can get through the level fine and get to Orochi, but I'm finding that the leader of the army always makes it there with me, the promtly gets his ass handed to him. What should I do to get by this problem? I figure I could just put the leader of the army into my party. Would leaving more enemies behind for them to fight with also work?

-My DeviantArt-
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably just fight Orochi with a higher level officer. Or if you still have trouble there's usually one fairly overpowered officer per story, Shu [Mushahi], Wu [I like Zhou Yu (R1) but Ieyasu (R1) is meant to be good too], Wei [Mitsunari (R1)] and SW [Lu Xun (C4)]. Or just lower the difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: