Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

DVDs with cardboard sleeves...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
Taking pride in the appearance of your DVDs is all well and good. But, when you think about it, that flimsy cardboard is a heck of a lot more likely to get damaged than the actual case.

To people who mishandle it yes it will, which is why whenever the DVD's go out of my house the cardboard boxes stay in my house, there are shelving types which allow you to pretty much rest them instead of packing them together where the cardboard gets frayed or damaged.

Thor McOdin wrote:
Random: However, what the hell were Sega and Nintendo thinking when they put Genesis and SNES games in cardboard? They don't even protect the games. Sure it was cheaper, but of all the "classic" games that I have for both systems, I only have two cardboard boxes...and both are pretty much worn out!

17 NES boxes, only 2 have tears on them, 1 of which was because of those stupid circular stickers meant to keep the box sealed taking some cardboard with it when it was cut.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i keep my dvds organized and i dont have small children, so the damage, if any, is ignorable. I simply think they stand out, really. Not a deciding factor in a purchase, but they just look better, imo.

edit- genesis had plastic boxes, nintendo had paper boxes through from nes to n64.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:

edit- genesis had plastic boxes, nintendo had paper boxes through from nes to n64.

True, but Sega switched to cardboard in 1994. Games include Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Streets of Rage 3, Phantasy Star 4, and Shining Force II.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: