Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

666 Satan, otherwise known as O-Parts Hunters

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: 666 Satan, otherwise known as O-Parts Hunters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it's safe to say that there isn't any thread about 666 satan here. So i'll make one!

So, what are you thoughts about this manga, created by the twin brother of Naruto's author Kishimoto Masahi, Kishimoto Seishi? I think that it's Seishi, i might be wrong. If you've read through it, i'm sure that you would have felt that there are many similarities in comparison with Naruto.

And also, any favorite character and O-Part?

An interesting thing to note is that in the US version, the title's been changed to "O-Part Hunters". You can guess why, no?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are tons of similarities with this manga and Naruto for obvious reasons, but I do like this series and think it touches on some pretty original aspects. I don't want to go into too much detail so as not to spoil some people who have not read it yet, but it is pretty entertaining and gets better once you get towards the 3rd volume.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately I've stopped reading after volume 3 but I might try to continue reading it again. I'm not just into the Shounen stuffs right now, I really prefer to read Seinen at the moment. As for the similiraties between 666 satan and Naruto, yes I could say I noticed some especially between the lead characters but the plot and approach are different.

IN AMERICA!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i thought to revive this thread. Why? Because the 666 satan has finished!

Now that this manga has concluded, i'm left with the thought: Why? Why did it have to end so quickly. There was only 76 Chapters (keep in mind that there were 76 46-paged chatpers, which would make it 184 regular Shonen jump chapters, like Naruto or Bleach), and the final chapter was too abrupt for me.

It felt like the author was rushed to finish this series. It had such a good buildup, but it suddenly went kaput. I felt like there were still a few things left hanging here, like the fate of Kaito, Yuri, Shura, Kirin and Amidaba the world after Zenom and Stea, and things from the past, like the powers of the other Kabbalah thingies.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: