Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you trust with your hair?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:
I tend to trust places with a good reputation. Why? Because if they screw up, the reputation goes down the drain.. and some places can't afford that.

That makes sense. The place I go to is more of a chain though, there are a few in the area, so if one does bad it does a bad job the whole chain does not really take a hit. But at the same time I bet there are not many people braging about the haircut they got from thoes places either. Well I did once, but she cut it with a razor and it was pretty cool, but painful =P

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's this lady in my area who does it at her house. We found her in an actual place, but she left that place and so she does it at home. Which is no biggie. She's local. She usually does a good job. And if it's an okay job, well, it was still cheaper than going to an actual salon.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only person I trust with my 'fro is my cousin. [Yes, I do have a fro right now.] I'm letting it go natural, and she trims it every once in a while. She also makes wigs that I wear sometimes. I'm the same way with Maddie's hair - the only people that I let do her hair are me, my cousin, and my sister-in-law.

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the current moment, the person I'm letting take care of my hair, is my house-mate. Although many times it hurts like hell, because he presses the machine with such anger, I like the final result. Should I tell him it hurts a lot?
Squirrel King

The Black Capes

15812 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't cut my hair for just over 2 years. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get it cut, I even have places I think "Oh I could go there" Yet I still haven't done it. :unsure: I guess I'm saving money though! So uhh.. Nobody I guess.
Axis

8709 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I trust family members with my hair. Everytime I get it cut at a salon, I get that feeling of disappointment. Also, I haven't cut my hair in months.
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one. Ever. My hair is too long and beautiful to be taken care of by anyone but me! When I do have to get it cut, I have my mom do it, or this lady in the salon we've been going to for years, and even then I'm nervous. I don't get it cut very often, I look terrible with short hair :| At least I think so...

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not much hair left on my scalp and therefore I try to keep it short. I basically cut it wherever I find it convenient. ;)
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My sister went to a course of hairdressing just as a hobby and she always understands what i want and does a lovely job at doing it! ... Yet she never does have time so i had to try out a few ... i just changed my style last tuesday and i'm pleased with it! ... I really like my current hairdresser ... he's renowned in my country so as The Sun's Vicegerent said ... he'd better do a great job :wink:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For a guy I really try to make sure only a specific person does my hair and that person is this hairstylist i've been going to for the past ten years. She works wonders when it comes to massaging my scalp and doing all those fancy stuff before she even puts scissor to hair. I haven't been going to her the past 6 months since I've grown my hair long since. But I still go to her for other salon stuff and though it costs me a pretty penny its all worth it.

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

5 years ago I finally found a hairsalon I was content with. The boss there cuts my hair and another guy does the color and styling. I change my hair cut very often, minimum once a year. I don't like it to have the same hair cut for a longer time, that's boring.
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ViktorFan wrote:
5 years ago I finally found a hairsalon I was content with. The boss there cuts my hair and another guy does the color and styling. I change my hair cut very often, minimum once a year. I don't like it to have the same hair cut for a longer time, that's boring.

I understand you completely except in my case i get bored very easy! I changed my hair style within 2 months 5 times!!!, Ok so two of them were mistakes! but still its a change my hair was reaalllyy long and now its really short! I still like the style though!
Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I am in the military and always get my hair completely shaved off basic training style, I can pretty much trust anybody to cut my hair. That is unless the person is a complete idiot and cannot grasp the concept to shave all of the hair on my head. You would be suprised about the fact of how many barbers on military installations cannot even do that but the can do high and tights and fades. It is really quite stupid.
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really it depends on the style I am going for and what I want done to my hair since I change so much. When my hair is a bit longer like now, I usually can easily cut it on my own after conditioning it and clips from a pair of scissors with a moustache comb. If I want my hair shorter like I had in Summer, then I don't have a choice but to go to the trimmer since I can't handle the electronic razor as good finesse I have with scissors.

I go to a place called Giuseppe's to get my hair cut, but for when I want frosting I go to Supercuts since its actually cheaper and they do a decent job on it. I could pay $20 for frosting as opposed to paying over $40 at the place I usually go, when I find that ridiculous since my hair is to short for that price.

Haven't had any bad problems at any hair barber or salon, but I know I went to one barber in like Freshman year of Highschool who cut too much off as I was saying stop and I ended up walking out of there not paying a dime since I had said I would refuse to pay for that crap. I could careless about spreading bad words about their salon in all honesty it isnt gonna fix my hair, tsk I just won't pay them period if I feel its not to my standard.

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: