Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I Love You
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in a way it can be so overused that it can sometimes becomes just another phrase replacing goodbye, i have seen it with some of my friends that they don't even look at each other, it's a quick shout out of the door...

I also think that it is used in place of a word that we just don't have in our language, something between like and love, for example, "Oh, i love that top" or "I really love hot Argentinian guys called Futch". Stuff like this has kind of eroded the sincerity of the words I love you.

I still think however that with the right setting and said at the right time they can still convey the right message of pure love. (wow that sounds so corny, im ashamed of myself :P )
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
I still think however that with the right setting and said at the right time they can still convey the right message of pure love. (wow that sounds so corny, im ashamed of myself :P )

AA just fell into a Disney movie for anyone who is concerned.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends from person to person. I won't say that to anybody, not even my family, so I suppose if I did it would mean something.
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that it can lose it's meaning. It depends on the person though. In my first relationship, after a few months of dating my girlfriend started telling me she loved me, and not knowing what to do I replied I love you back. Soon after, every time we talked on the phone, a situation similar to yours happened. It eventually did lose its meaning, so I stopped saying it and she got mad and we had a fight and she dumped me. It just wasn't worth the trouble if she couldn't see the problem. I agree with you there.

I have been dating a girl for almost a year and I try to use my "I love you's" sparingly, she uses it a lot. But this time, it feels like it hasn't lost its meaning, it's nice to hear it and I don't complain about it. I would rather her say "I love you" everyday then nothing ever. I like it when she says it, it hasn't lost its meaning to me. I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing it.

It really depends on the person. Maybe in your situation, the girlfriend really did love him and that she wanted to tell him every time she got off the phone with him, and maybe hearing it too much made him not want to hear it at all. I just don't know the whole situation though :P

But yeah, it can lose it's meaning. You can't really tell though when you're receiving them, only when giving them out. And then, it's your job to do something about it.

Sup?
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's kinda strange for me, because I don't believe in love. I think love is just a name people give for stuff that are important to them and when they are lazy to say like you are "really really really important to me" they just say "I love you" so things could be easier. I do that to, but it can create some problems if the person don't know what I think about it.

Anyway, I think sometimes people say "I love you" so much that it ends up being just another expression like "good bye" or "cya"

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do think that constantly saying "I love you" can make it become habit and habits don't have the meaning as something that is authentic. I ran into this same problem with my ex-girlfriend, though it had more to do with saying it and not having the experience to justify that being an accurate representation of your feelings. Young people are naive so I find it hard to believe that anyone, no matter how hard they convince themselves, can truly understand what love means without experiencing different relationships with people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both "love" and "hate" are really strong words and I never use them unless I actually mean them. I can easily tell my family and some of my friends I love them but love in a relationship is different and those three words, "I Love You" when said together form a pretty strong words and shouldn't be taken for granted.

I have been in relationships where I've never told a person I love them, because it's true. I have been in love before so I know what love is (according to myself), so I wouldn't throw that word around a lot. Also even if you are in love with the person you're with, it STILL shouldn't be thrown around so randomly as it can lose meaning. It's nice to hear someone say they love you, but only when they actually mean those words, constantly saying it can go as far as even getting on someone's nerves. So I agree with your friend, "Steve".
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with Gaara. "Love" is a strong word, and i would would it only at those special moments when it really counts. I dont want to take those words lightly.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfheart

Midnight Howl

39338 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, when spoken out of habit, these words are powerless, I agree with you... In fact, it's something I don't tell quite often, even to my husband. We live and act in a way we know we do love each other. And when the words are said, it makes it feel all the more special.
However, I've already told "I love you" to dear friends of mine, because I strongly believe that love has much more to it than just "classical" love between a couple. You can love someone even if you don't feel like living with them or going the whole way.
And this is something - at least at my place - that is shared far too scarcely. We enjoy being with someone, share experiences with them or whatever, but we never express verbally our feelings towards them. Strong friendship is a kind of love and if you feel like telling them so, why restrain?
And it feels GREAT!

By the way, what's the use of making love? Babies? Pleasure?
No, it is done to actually MAKE love...

Everything is in the intent. What you really feel inside. If the feeling matches the words (or acts) nothing can ever be overrated....

In Potch We Trust
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I say it I do mean it. I do say it alot but I think its important to say it alot, I guess it would be tiring to make a big deal out of it everytime it was said, but I do think there are plenty of people out there who dont really mean it when they say it and just do it out of routine.

I dont think there is anything wrong with sayint it alot, whether it means as much as it used to....who knows.

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I does get overused, but I think it depends on the person whether or not it means anything. If this person just goes around saying I love you to every one s/he comes into contact with, that it doesn't mean any more that it would if they said an absent minded "Hello."

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: