Suikoden Unique and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xbox 360 fall update

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 fall update Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We get Xbox original games! I just bought Psychonauts for the third time and am downloading it now.

Culdcept Saga demo
Psychonauts full game

Fuck. Psychonauts takes up 3 gigs! It seems I need that 120 gig hd lol! I should delete my demos!

Also: Psychonauts theme and gamer pics!

The new dashboard is cool. I haven't checked out the new media features yet!
fatalis

57507 Potch
9 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the new friends list, how it expands your friends so you can see their motto. The new marketplace looks pretty slick too. I'm excited that it has DivX and Xvid support, maybe it's time for me to setup my Media Center PC so I can stream some of my anime across the home network.

So far the only thing I don't like much about the update is on your default blade (whichever is the first one to show up when you start the Xbox) there is a new button called 'Inside Xbox' or something like that. And to make room for it they shoved the Friends selection and Messages selection onto the same bar.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I noticed that about the 'games' blade with the Inside XBox thing. Not too cool.

They needlessly complicated the 'media' tab too, and stuffed XBox arcade into a sub menu. That confused and annoyed me at first. It's not a big deal, but I hate it when things get cluttered with too many menus and sub menus...easy navigation is something to be prized!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can have Indigo Prophecy once again! I foolishly sold the game awhile back and I haven't been able to find another copy since new or used. I like the new DivX and Xvid support. I'm not a big fan of Media Center since it has a tendency to lock-up. I can just burn them DivX and Xvid files onto a DVD+Rw and transfer it that way to the 360 HDD or just play it off the disc itself.

57507 Potch
9 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Psychonauts and Indigo Prophecy were both games that I always wanted to check out, but Halo 2 always got in my way of new games. (After it was released I never bought another Original XBox game, except for the Halo 2 Map Pack.)

I'm hoping they release atleast a couple of games a month for XBox Originals so that I can get the chance to play some of the games that came later in the XBox lifetime that I didn't play.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will need to finally get either an Elite or a 120GB HDD to really make use of the Xbox Originals service. Psychonauts and Indigo Prophecy are already on my must get list in addition to Jet Set Radio Future. It's a shame Capcom stopped fully supporting on-line multiplayer for Steel Battalion and Steel Battalion: Line of Contact or I'd get the game again once it becomes available on Xbox Live.

57507 Potch
9 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have need of the HDMI port then I would say get the Elite, except for my first one which had a busted fan, I've never had any problems with them. And now they might be the upgraded hardware too, so less heat. If not then I would just go for the HDD.

I'd really like to see Beyond Good and Evil on the Originals list. Also Mechwarrior 2.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the update nearly killed my 360, but it was worth it. I think.

The abilty to download actual games over live might be motive enough for me to get microsoft points. Most of the new features provided by the update seem like things I'm never going to use. For example, the whole MSN LIVE thing.

All in all, I haven't seen everything the update has to offer, but most of the stuff I've seen seems pretty legit.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JSRF is on the xbox originals list? Fuck I need that. The game is extremely poor on backwards compat. Slower frame rate and all o dat.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The update seems mildly novel, but nothing groundbreaking. I don't see the point of buying games for £10 when I can buy them second-hand, or in some cases new, for half the price. It's not like there is anything added or anything that makes these downloads better besides taking up more space on my hard drive.

Besides that, it's mostly nice touches like the friends list thing where it expands who you are highlighting and the most popular downloads by genre and stuff like that. I agree there was a few menus unnecessarily compacted into sub menus like Parallax mentioned.

The new fade out when you turn off the console is pretty swish though. This has ceased to amuse me since the update. On a more serious note, I like the faster speed that the menus move at now, it's a lot more convenient.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel the same about the Xbox Originals, but some of the more obscure but really fun games can't be bought second-hand for the price it's selling for on Xbox Live. I mean Jet Set Radio Future is still widely available but the condition I find the game at second-hand status makes me pause before buying. One game I hope to also see on Xbox Originals I can't find on Ebay or at the local Gamestop at the price Xbox Originals will sell it for is Otomi. I must get game back!

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Otogi still isn't backwards compat?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I mean [b]Otogi/b]. I don't know if it is or isn't but I don't have the original game anymore and that makes Tull sad. I sold the game to get credit towards another game once I was done with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: