Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

about Gremio
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I just figured out what the problem is. In this game series, the hero hardly reacts. Verbaly I mean. Since we don't know his reaction to alot of what goes on, and what is said, we don't know how he feels, and alot is left up to the imagination. Granted I don't necessarily disagree with this in a game, but it does leave ALOT to be debated. This topic being case in point. If we new how Hero truely reacted to Gremio, maybe we could understand the realtionship better.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In this age of voice acting, the Silent Hero has lost its purpose. I suppose it worked back in Suikoden 1 and 2, but you're right. There's so much that could have been revealed had we heard the words and tone of the main character. After all, the story revolves around the Main character, it's only right he or she does his part to reveal part of the story as well.

As for "young master" Uh well, I don't find that unusual at all. That's not that different from "Master Teo" or anything like that. It seems to me that the title "master" just implies a sense of upper class respect; no more and no less.

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh, guys, here's a revelation.

Maybe when people say Gremio's "gay", they don't mean, say, homosexually interested in Young Master. They might just mean it in that derogatory, "omg thats super gay" way. It may not be very mature, but it's probably what they meant. Heh.

Side note, I think he's neither gay, nor "gay". Why can't a guy just, you know, care about another guy? Y'ever read Shakespeare? Men are always exclaiming how much they love each other, nobody gives it a second thought. The Bible? Men kiss, no issue. Classical Greece? It wasn't uncommon for an elderly scholar to have a young male lover. The closer you get to modern times, the less accepting we are of homosexuality and the more paranoid we get about our relationships with the same sex. Even a comment like "Gremio's gay" sends us all into a spiral of confusion and self doubt. Weird world.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik,
Quote:

Maybe when people say Gremio's "gay", they don't mean, say, homosexually interested in Young Master. They might just mean it in that derogatory, "omg thats super gay" way. It may not be very mature, but it's probably what they meant

No I think they mean he's a card carrying homosexual. I don't believe for a minute any of these people mean he's happy. Granted he probably is happy tending to young master.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
No I think they mean he's a card carrying homosexual.

I didn't know there was a registration card for that sort of thing...could you imagine getting pulled over by a cop and handing him your homosexual card instead of your driver's license. LOL

Anyway, Gremio is definitely not gay, and is not with Tir by any means. When Tir was outside with Odessa, Grmeio panicked, meaning that he figures Tir to be straight. That would sort of be a contradiction if they were lovers don't ya think?

As far as unrequited homo love on Gremio's part, it just doesn't seem like him. He's a nutcase (as we can see by what he carved into his axe) and he's dedicated to Tir (he sacrifices himself for Tir and then when he's revived, he follows him for the remainder of his life.) but I would be hesitant to make any claim that he's a "card carrying homoesexual" as earthquake so eloquently referred to it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isnt it funny how Gremio's unflinching loyalty towards Tir is interpreted as him being gay :D

Well i certainly do not think he is gay, he is just loyal.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin,
Quote:

didn't know there was a registration card for that sort of thing...could you imagine getting pulled over by a cop and handing him your homosexual card instead of your driver's license. *laugh*

You made me laugh also.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Scarlet assassin"]
Quote:
I didn't know there was a registration card for that sort of thing...could you imagine getting pulled over by a cop and handing him your homosexual card instead of your driver's license. *laugh*

Depends on the cop. It might be a great way to get out of a ticket....

Anyway, I always thought Gremio and Camille had a thing. Notive how she's the one that kills Milich if you chose not to forgive him (not that anyone would EVER do that...grrrrr). And also, he speach in the hallway the morning after Scarleticia doesn't seem to me to be the "Well, the guy I have to collect money from just died. Sucks for me" speech. Who knows, different world, different time...

Gremio is most definitely not into Tir. Hell, the speech he has at the inn in Rikon after getting the engine there should lay any of those claims to rest. But still. there are people who think Tir and Cleo had a Mrs. Robinson relationship. A lot of overactive (and repressed) imaginations out there. :)
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think there was something with Camille too. She seemed to like the guy a lot. Gremio just cared for Tir like a son or an older brother. Tir wasa way too young to be liked by a gay Gremio anyway.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems we all agree Gremio does not care for Tir in that way. Now can we all move on? *laugh*
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: