Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2007 New England Patriots - The Greatest Team in Football History?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: 2007 New England Patriots - The Greatest Team in Football Hi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to write much on this subject, but I did want to bring it up. I can't profess to be a football genius. My knowledge is limited to about 1993 on when I started watching it. The 60s Packers, 70s Steelers, the 80s 49ers, I don't really know enough about them to judge them. What I do know is that I've watched about five Pats games this season, and having witnessed tonight's raping of Buffalo I cannot possibly imagine a more perfect performance. "Running the score up" be damned, they would have broken 60 points with ease had they not given Buffalo a pity punt. "Easy schedule?" They walloped Dallas and beat Indianapolis. Every year there's a team or two that stands out as decidedly better than the rest. New England have walked in the 2007 Cowboys and Packers' shoes plenty of times. But this, this is something else. Everyone thought maybe the Colts would go undefeated two years ago. Well I honestly will be surprised if New England don't win 19 straight.

So my question, as the title states, is this: Do you think the 2007 New England Patriots are already the greatest single season team in the history of the NFL? Do you think come February they could be? Does it even matter that they haven't gone all the way yet?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My own knowledge of football begins even more recently than yours, Shad. Watching the 2007 Patriots play is an inspiring thing. They really have the right formula on offense.

What concerns me about calling them 'the greatest team in history' though... is that to my mind, the quality of the league in 2007...is quite a bit lower than it has been in the past. I don't think New England can be called the best team in football history. Not because I don't believe they're the best, but because I don't see them having much competition.

Yes, they defeated Indianapolis. However, Indianapolis has been self-destructing ever since that week. The Patriots' victory seems much less convincing. They defeated Dallas, but the NFC is weak, and I don't have the confidence in Dallas that many other people do.

There's no question that the 2007 New England Patriots are one of the best ever to play the game, but the best? That's such an incredible claim, I'm not sure that I'm ready to say so.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like the Patriots and never have so I have to disagree on principle alone. There are a lot of great teams and the Pat's this year definitely have a confident position in the league this year but you can't put the 80's 49ers against the 2007 Patriots unfortunately so we'll never know for sure. We'll have to see how long they can stay on top of the league in the coming years. They definitely have a good team, but I'm still not sure they're the best that has ever been.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, there's already a topic for discussing the Pats [and their greatness] a couple of topics below this one. "General Discussion" does include talking about how great they are.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: