Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Spelling/Pronounciation errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punisher of Souls

Crescent blade Empire

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Spelling/Pronounciation errors Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I browsed around this site for a period of time until I arrived at the sound/pronounciation area. I listened to all pronounciations, and some of them seem like they were recorded from far away, or there was a lot of noise in the background. Other than that I have noticed most errors in the Italian wording (both writing and pronounciation). I can only guess other language stuff.

Should I post everything here and say what the errors were, and preferably correct them?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin is already informed about some mistakes and will fix them soon. Nontheless, you can post the errors you found here - perhaps we're not yet aware of them.

Quote:
I listened to all pronounciations, and some of them seem like they were recorded from far away, or there was a lot of noise in the background.

The bad quality is because I only have a crappy microphone.
Punisher of Souls

Crescent blade Empire

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as Italian spelling goes:

"Argento" is fine.
"Auro" should be "Oro". That word doesn't exist in Italian. Maybe Spanish.
"Breesa" isn't an Italian word at all. Complete gibberish. "Brezza" means 'breeze'.
"Fiamma" is fine. Pronounciation should have a longer "m" sound.
"Focco" is wrong both in Spanish, as in Italian. Spanish becomes "Foco" and in Italian it's "Fuoco"
"Platino" is fine. Pronounciation should sound more like: Plaa-ti-no
"Tempesta" is alright. Haven't heard pronounciation yet.
Finally "Viento" is Spanish for wind. "Vento" is the proper Italian word.

I have got a few soundtracks which pronounce these, and the french/German and other words. If you want I can send them as an attachment or something. I'll see what I can find... :roll:
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are the spellings the game used, that's why they're wrong. The translaters seldom now what language the names are supposed to come from, and hence they very often butcher the words beyond the point of recognition (it is often not easy to translate kana-words into Latin letters).
Part the of pronounciator's job in the archive is to try to figure out what the makers of the game had in mind.
Punisher of Souls

Crescent blade Empire

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. :? I couldn't recognise them because they may have come from S3.... :shock:

Oh well. I think it would be better to say from where the word was supposed to derive. I mean, it would be a shame for someone to misspell them in real life :mrgreen:

Just one thing: Change Fiamma and Platino's pronounciation. They've gone off-track.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh, just something i spotted.

Bier Blanch (Supposedly) White Forest .

Huh, well . . . no. I think "Bier" stands for "Biere" which just means . . . Beer. Yes, White Beer. And to say that, we effectively say "Biere Blanche" .
Well, out of curiosity, where did you find that it was meaning "forest" ?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From an interview by Murayama. We know this is wrong, but it was what was intended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: