Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Security Guards - Now Breaking Arms and Arresting for Cake Dropping!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Security Guards - Now Breaking Arms and Arresting for Cake D Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
School security guards in Palmdale, CA have been caught on camera assaulting a 16-year-old girl and breaking her arm after she spilled some cake during lunch and left some crumbs on the floor after cleaning it up.

The incident occurred last week at Knight High School in Palmdale and was caught on a cell phone camera by another pupil who was then also assaulted by the security guards.

The girl, Pleajhai Mervin, told Fox News LA that she was bumped while queuing for lunch and dropped the cake. After being ordered to clean it up and then re-clean the spot three times, she attempted to leave the area out of embarrassment but was jumped on by security who forced her onto a table, breaking her wrist in the process.

Pleajhai also says that the security guard in the picture yelled "hold still nappy-head" at her, which at the time she did not know was a racist comment.

In an even more shocking development the security guards later had the mother of the girl arrested after she sought out an attorney and demanded that the guard be arrested, telling her that if she wanted the guard detained then she herself would also be charged with battery after she allegedly pushed the guard and an assistant principal of the school. She has also been suspended from her job at another school in the county.

The school expelled Pleajhai for five days before then having her arrested for battery and for littering (the dropping of the cake). Then they had the pupil who captured the video arrested along with his sister who was merely present at the scene.

A walkout is planned for this morning by some students, after which the protesters will call for the firing of the main security guard involved.

The incident serves as another unbelievable case in the wave of police brutality sweeping the country. In recent days we have covered multiple incidents of this nature and have compiled them into a page which will no doubt be added to in the months to come.

Commentators have linked the increased cases of brutality with a post 9/11 mentality in America where civil liberties have been totally diminished and the anointed "authorities" simply consider themselves above the law.

Former Reagan government official Paul Craig Roberts, for instance, has succinctly described the mentality as having turned "an epidemic of US police brutality into a pandemic".

The media reports linked above clearly sympathize with the girl and her mother but only because the girl "fully complied with the guards' orders".

What on earth have things come to when children are being physically assaulted and arrested in schools by huge fat thugs 5 times their size for "not complying with orders"?

Police and security officials are being trained that it's OK to beat, torture and taser anyone should they not answer their questions or comply with their every order.

The "security" and well being of citizens is no longer the concern of these moronic hired beefbrains who revel in their false positions of power. Ask yourself, why is the security guy pictured above wearing shades indoors? Because it is part of the gang mentality of these idiots who think its cool to put the fear of life into small kids and then break their bones if they fail to cower like mice when picked upon.

But wait, there's more!

Quote:
High School security guards in Palmdale CA have reacted viciously to an incident that was caught on camera last week, creating false charges against school children to detract from their own excessive actions which have since hit the headlines.

The incident at Knight High School, which received national attention yesterday, blew up after security thugs assaulted a 16 year old school girl and broke her arm after she dropped some cake and did not clean it up to the satisfaction of the guards.

The Guards then viciously assaulted a 16 year old boy who captured video of the incident on his cell phone. After the guards noticed the boy was filming them they forcefully tackled him, pushing his head into the ground and twisting his arm behind his back. The boy's sister attempted to intervene as other students began to film on phones.

After initially letting the boy go, the security guards had him and his sister arrested a day later on assault charges after angry parents hit out and demanded the firing of the guards in question. The school also had the girl who dropped the cake arrested for littering and the girl's mother arrested on a separate fabricated assault charge.

While the mainstream media has played down this terrible incident merely referring to it as a "scuffle", and Knight High School has refused to condemn the actions of the guards, public reaction has been heated.

This incident represents another example of how police and security personnel believe they can simply invent charges against innocent people they clash with. Two weeks ago we featured a story on a motorist who caught a St. George Police Sergeant named Kenline stating that he had the power to invent charges that would put the man behind bars.

Like, holy shit, man.

Are you fuckin' kidding me? Yes, littering is an offense in about all the schools in the world, but it's no reason to break a girl's arm. Another thing - she pretty much made up for her act by recleaning the spot thrice. And she isn't even let go for making up to her littering, she gets her arm broken in two.

I'm more concerned about the brutality of police in recent cases - they seem to be at a very high rate - disruption is something you could probably let go if the guy stops doing it, and lo and behold, tazerzorz! Littering is something I would forgive someone if he/she picked up the litter, not subdue them down a f'n chair and break arms.

In addition, the guy who has a video of the whole thing was also subdued!

Frankly, I think this is a wake up call to the Government and to Security Guards - Straighten yourselves up.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Ya know, some the recent ones, I have felt the Police were right. But this time is much MUCH different. I mean, Jesus Christ, tackling a kid for Using his phone to record an unwarranted attack? That's...like, holy shit, man indeed. I wonder just how this one will pan out.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Septimus

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pick up that can.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is truly frightening. I've been noticing this kind of thing has been happening more and more lately, and I don't think it's going to stop. It's really really scary. You can't even defend yourself from these officers/guards, since they can label you a domestic terrorist for such "acts of violence." And we all know what can be done to those labeled terrorists. Call it paranoia, but I think that these frightening truths are not going to go away, and as time passes, we'll just compile more and more frightening laws and behaviors. It's time for America to wake up, or else we're doomed. :(
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds disgusting, good thing theres technology these days to catch it all on video.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't quite the version of the story that I heard, or rather, it wasn't the complete version.

In the version I heard, she left before finishing to clean up everything, after everyone else had left. That doesn't make what the security guard did any more acceptable, mind you, it was just something that was the exact opposite of what was portrayed.

The other bit that was left from that excerpt that I heard was that the mother wasn't even shown her daughter when she arrived. The person who was in charge said they had no idea where she was. She was being kept in one of the VP's offices or something like that.

For my take, this is the biggest abuse of power possible in this situation. If I'm any of the victims involved, the school, city, officers, and administrators would all have a hefty list of civil suits on their hands. Off the top of my head...

Excessive use of force (for the officer and city)
Child endangerment (for all of them)
Unlawful arrest (for the officer and city)
Pain and Suffering (for all involved)
Assault and battery (Officer and city)
Criminal Negligence (school and administrators)
Negligent infliction of emotional distress (school and administrators)

And I'm no lawyer, I'm sure there's plenty else they could be sued for. If I were the family, I'd call their damn trumped up assault bluff. No real jury would convict the mother, while few wouldn't hold the officers and school liable.

In most cases, I can see where the police officers are coming from. For example, there was a case where an officer struck and maced a teenager who was resisting arrest. That case caused an outrage, however, in that case, the teenager attempted to bite the officer, so I tend not to have a lot of sympathy.

But in this case, it was clearly excessive and over the line. No way the school and police should be able to strongarm their way out of it.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amyral summed up up correctly. This is not acceptable but to label it as another instance in a growing trend of police brutality is simply laughable. The Security guards are not police and obviously they just screwed up. The police arresting the students weren't present for the altercation, and they can't very well ignore the allegations being made. The Security guards should have been arrested as well, but thinking about it from the uninvolved cop's standpoint, I can see how this could have been played off by the school administration as having been the student's fault, and without any evidence to say otherwise, the police can't do much but follow the law.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More so it's a continuing trend in Security guards doing whatever they want. Security guards are nothing more than private police forces now a days. What happen to the days when Security guards actually guarded? Seems all they do now is enforce... though as everything this isn't 100% widespread.

Security guards should not have the authority to use force at all. If they have to do anything call the real police.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can understand them having the authority to use force in genuine extreme cases, but this was hardly and extreme case. Either way, it's not something I enjoy reading about.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, seriously..wtf? Why in the hell would you break a girl's arm for littering? Sure, it is against the law..but breaking an arm!? And that's just ridiculous, all those people getting arrested. Sigh, the world these days.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:

Security guards should not have the authority to use force at all. If they have to do anything call the real police.

Have you ever stood by and attempted to stop a drunk man from entering a premises for whatever reason? They don't exactly listen to reason or stop at the first attempt, and sometimes just sometimes they get violent when you do stop them, so what do you suggest then? More guarding while talking on the phone to the cops because the situation suddenly escalated?

It's a fine line, you can guard by enforcing and seemingly in this instance the original offence was because the guards used excessive force in dealing with a situation that shouldn't have involved them anyway. They could have been the best campus security around as far as their job description went, but 1 screw up and you're calling foul and radical shifts for the entire industry. So to tag along this train of thought;

I got food poisoning from a fast food joint a while back, therefore all fast food joints need to buy food to sell instead of buying products to make the food onsite. Doesn't matter that it was only 1 place in question, all fast food is evil and must be purged!

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think security guards should only use force when in defense of themselves or the property and/or people they are hired to protect.
Karushifa

155169 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
It's a fine line, you can guard by enforcing and seemingly in this instance the original offence was because the guards used excessive force in dealing with a situation that shouldn't have involved them anyway. They could have been the best campus security around as far as their job description went, but 1 screw up and you're calling foul and radical shifts for the entire industry. So to tag along this train of thought;

I got food poisoning from a fast food joint a while back, therefore all fast food joints need to buy food to sell instead of buying products to make the food onsite. Doesn't matter that it was only 1 place in question, all fast food is evil and must be purged!

Well, to add to your fast food analogy: there was an e-coli scare a few years back involving Jack-In-The-Box. And when I mean "scare", IIRC one child died after contracting e-coli from an infected burger, and perhaps a few others were sickened as well, but that one child was the one case that got the most attention. And the sanitation record of the entire Jack-In-The-Box chain did not matter after that child died: this one isolated case brought into question the processing and preparation procedures of not only that chain, but the entire fast-food industry. Was Jack-In-The-Box as a whole shut down because of that one child? Of course not. However, it highlighted the importance of good sanitation in food service and made people more aware of a potentially deadly food-borne illness. Most likely there were some behind-the-scenes food prep overhauls as well.

Now, going back to the security guard: I think that one case DOES matter in this situation. If these guards flip out this badly over something so minor as a few crumbs left behind by an unarmed student, then how would they handle a situation where real danger was present, such as armed students or a fight? Such situations require extreme level-headedness, especially if force IS required on the part of the guards, and forcefully subduing a student who spilled some cake does not indicate careful assessment of the situation in my opinion. Trying to cover your tracks by trumping up charges to the police afterwards (if those allegations are true) does not bode well for the guards in question, either. If I were the school administrators, I would want to know if any of the guards from this security firm had altercations similar to this in their past. And it's not really to prevent cases like this one. Rather, it's to prevent something even worse from happening should the same guards be involved in a more serious situation in the future.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the fuck? This is so retardedly outlandish that not only should these guards be discharged from their positions, but the people who hired and trained them in the first place and their direct supervisors should have some bit of severe talkings-to as well. This is bogus!

However, someone's got an easy case when this is taken to court. :/

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: