Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Quotes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voan Darl

344185 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Favorite Quotes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did a little search and didn't find a thread like this, so hopefully this hasn't been done. I suffer a bit from ADD from time to time it seems and a good quote is a way to get a powerful message across in a short amount of time. What are some of your favorite quotes? Whether they be powerful and impacting or just something you enjoyed.

As far as something from literature goes, I think my favorite quote is from the Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. When the Ironmen are trying to find their new king they are interrogating one of their ship captains about his lack of faith and he replies:

"Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air...I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongue. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy...protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sell-swords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

One of my favorite's ive read in a book anyway. Some other quotes by real people that I enjoyed:

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
-Muhammad Ali-

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt-

Alright, so the first and last one were not so short, but they were still pretty bad ass I thought. There were a few more, but I can't remember exactly how they went and I can't see to track them down... I'll have to add those later. What about you all? What ones have tickled YOUR fancy?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do try to search harder then next time. I did a quick search and found 3 threads entitles Favorite Quotes.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=899

is the only open one, so post there.

-closed-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: