Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your Favorite cameo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best cameo goes to any NPC in Gregminster who was back from Suikoden I. None of these guys and gals had anything really going on, but it was nice to see Marie back at her inn, and Lotte looking for her cat again, and Varkas having a real job, and Sarah being useless as usual. :D Probably the best was Hanzo in Rokkaku Village. I seriously hope he's a SoD one day, because he's one of the coolest ninjas and you never get to see him in action!

The characters who were playable characters I don't really consider as cameos, since they do in fact have a prominent role in the game. Though I admint I too loved the scene where Viktor and Flik show up at that river when they meet Riou. :o

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the returning characters, I think Clive was the best one because we really got closure on his story (of chasing Elza) that was developed from Suikoden I. So it was perfectly executed.

Viktor got a real closure on his story too, but I didn't really like the doppelganger plot twist. And Neclord didn't really have personal issue with Viktor, so it's not as special as Clive-Elza story IMO.

Futch got quite a story going on, but unfortunately, I considered the story in Suikoden II as a "middle point" of his story. The beginning was the death of Black, the middle was Bright being born, and the end would be the appearance with Bright in Suikoden III. So he wasn't really that good in Suikoden II.

The other returning characters (of the good guys that is) don't seem to be having real importance to their own story. Luc was still the same kiddo though we got the seed of the story with Sasarai. Hix and Tengaar were still the same that the boy got bossed around by the girl. Stallion, Pesmerga, Max, Meg, and most returning characters were there for nostalgic value. Valeria/Kasumi, and Apple seem to have quite an important role in the game, but didn't really do anything for their personal story.

So yeah, out of the returning characters (purely in Suikoden II that is), my choice of the best one would be Clive.

Now for the cameo appearance (and I consider cameo as the NPCs that have "small roles" so Leon is out of the picture), I think Kage was the most interesting one. Kage's appearance further pushed the fact that he really did the job for money and that's it. Though his appearance was very brief, I think it was done quite nicely compared to the other cameo appearance that hold no importance at all.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc... I really, really wish I hadn't been spoiled before playing. I think the impact (haha) would have been more, since I felt his story was growing, and definitely needed more development. Missed him very much big time T^T

Tuta was interesting to see grow up. Like little kid to hot, yo.

Then Fliktor (more than cameos, but whatever) and Tir.
Fires blade

Flames wrath

109 Potch
141 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as scarlet assasin said yuber is also my favorite returning charicter....infact my favorite charicter..for one reason he craves destruction and chaos and yea he looks cool(he looks cool in suiko 3 but that look dosnt suit him)
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favourite cameos... hmm...

By merit of how much joy I got out of seeing the character, I'll say Tir, no contest. I discovered Tir in Suikoden II all by myself, without the use of FAQs. So when I saw him I actually gasped, covered my mouth, and leapt off my couch. Physically jumped out of my seat in ecstasy. It was amazing. He was just... perfect. The SoulEater was just as powerful as I left it, and its destructive power made a wonderful contrast to Riou's happy sunshine curative Rune. It's worth the journey everytime. I always put him in my second character slot just so that I can see him speak when the game triggers dialogues from your party.

After Tir, I'll say my favourites were Flik and Victor (of course), Hix and Tengaar (what? I like 'em), Luc in SIII, Yuber in SIII, and SIV's Robed Man :D - he never ever leaves my party.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schtolteheim Reinbach III

We heard this name fly around in the first three games, it was great to actually put a name to the face... and what an image it was :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: