Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Code Geass - anime best friend rivalry at this seasons' best <3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puu

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Code Geass - anime best friend rivalry at this seasons' best Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought to make a topic of this.

Code Geass ~ Lelouch of the Rebellion ~

I'm sure I'm not he only one who's watching and following this series, and if I am then - go watch it!!

I don't know where to start, really, but what really struck me about this series is how interesting the relationship/connection/interaction between the main two characters are. They kind of remind me of Suikoden II-- And then, Lelouch is like a more humane, though not less somewhat insane like a certain Kira from Death Note....

I mean, I guess it would be bad to liken it to Suikoden II, and I suppose Suikoden II took what might be the best aspects of the best friend rivalry mix but...

omg.

Yeah. And this is my incoherent Code Geass fangirling. Srsly. Go see it.

You can't go wrong with a guy who can make people do almost anything he wants them to do within their power and another guy who seems to be on so much godmode he can dodge a semi-automatic rifle and not get killed while running from not one, but like a whole group of mechs! <3
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on the fangirl train with you with Code Geass.

No. I wasn't reading Code Geass yaoi this morning. Really. I wasn't.

Back on topic, I like this series because there are so many twists and turns and plot directions it can go. It also proves [very powerfully at points] where intolerance will lead us if not handled, and it shows us how the power of one decision can change [and end] not only a single life, but thousands of lives.

I'm all caught up with it and I can't wait for the new episodes that are coming this summer.

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... Necromancy!

Due to me having limited access to anything that is Japan animated, I have just finished watching the whole season yesterday. Suffice to say that it is a great series, indubitably above many recent anime series both in plot and quality.

It did, however, completely ruined my mood for a whole day. As a quite distant observer of Japanese animations I can not really state this with much certainty, but episodes 22 and 23 have the worst fantasy tragedy in the history of animation, are they not? They certainly sucked my entire will to live for a good while and made me wish that it is only but a wicked dream. Alas, it is not. It really happens... argh!

Not only it cost a favorite character's live, it also tarnish said character's name while diminishing hundreds of innocent lives and rekindling a supposedly finished war, disposing two characters' friendship to a pit of no return along the way. Such is no plot-twist; such is torture!

Worse of all, I can not even find a character to blame and curse for the whole disaster. At least in tragedies of other animations, there would always be a villain who one can blame for all faults and when he dies in a spectacularly gruesome manner, we - the spectators - would laugh in satisfaction for the revenge of all the grieves he has caused. Here, the perpetrator is actually the one devastated the most, and I sympathize with him. How can one detest a sympathetic character? 'Tis is an impossible task, I proclaim!

I am torn between praising and cursing this particular animation.
And thus, I am in despair. Code Geass has left me in despair.

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it a relatively inconsistent series. To put it bluntly, it tries to be too epic for its own good. I for one didn't like how the mid-series turned out and really wanted to label it as "filler". Seriously, I don't think there's any necessity to introduce Mao just to screw Suzaku and especially, Shirley.

The series only picked up at Episode 22 just in time for Season 2. I hope the production staff wouldn't make the same mistake again as in Season 1.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I personally think that the Mao arc was there to shed some light regarding C.C.'s past, the devious nature of the "contract" as well as Geass' mechanism - and how double-bladed it really is - rather than to unravel Suzaku's secret. All things considered, we already know that there is something that Suzaku is hiding from his past from the raid in Narita. What is left is just the matter of how it is to be told. Mao just happens to be a good candidate for that. Instead of regarding Mao as a filler, I am leaning towards viewing him as a hasty necessity. He is needed, but his introduction is a little bit too late and the conclusion is a bit too fast. His story can easily take a whole ten episodes if fleshed out correctly.

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, CC's past is a long history. Her past with Mao for me is merely a tiny part of hers. But you are right about how Mao arc reveals the nature of Geass. Howver, it doesn't seem too important anymore because Lelouch's Geass goes haywire either. Either way, the arc could have been better executed, IMO.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Code Geass is freaking awesome. I can't wait for Season 2 to begin it's airing! C.C and her love for Pizza Hut is win. :D

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Son of Liberty wrote:
Either way, the arc could have been better executed, IMO.

That, I agree completely. The pacing of that particular story indeed makes it seem quite unimportant.

I do hear news of a Season 2 in production. However, I can not really imagine how they would continue the story. The last episode is very chaotic, with apparently no sign or hope for improvement of the situation. Lelouch's devious nature has been revealed to Karen, C.C. is sinking to a pit in the bottom of the ocean and the friendship between the two friends seems to dissolve to the point of no return, unless Suzaku is so stupidly forgiving. Furthermore, the rebellion is also in a critical situation and Lelouch no longer has any support within the Royal Brittanian family. Nothing short of a divine intervention would help improve the situation.

Frankly, I think the only way they could continue is to make a time leap to the future, probably a huge one. Also, they may change the focus of character to someone else, as Lelouch's character development seems to be already exhausted at this point. That would make it pretty similar to Gundam Seed, though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: