Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Because someone should ask about Oskar... (minor spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tuta seemed female to me, too. The gigantic eyes and facial structure made me think girl (he looks like Marco from s1 to me), the outfit made me think girl (Capri pants and a purse, woo hoo! [yes, I know it's Chinese garb, but I am amking a joke here]) and the name made me think girl, especially since I have a grandmother named Tuta.

Oskar never struck me as female. I know too many guys just like him to think that. Quincy on the other hand....

I actually like the idea of Kasios being male. It makes me like Milich that much more (it makes him "out" as opposed to just ambiguous) and it shows how socially progressive and accpeting the Scarlet Moon Empire was under Barbarossa, pre-Windy at least.

Augustine to me seems like a woman in disguise. The moustache looks taped on, the facial structure looks very feminine to me and I could swear he has breasts. Maybe it's just my imagination.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
I actually like the idea of Kasios being male. It makes me like Milich that much more (it makes him "out" as opposed to just ambiguous) and it shows how socially progressive and accpeting the Scarlet Moon Empire was under Barbarossa, pre-Windy at least.

Except, uh, there's no evidence at all of a Milich/Kasios relationship of any form beyond 'lord' and 'staff'.

And I'm still confused about people claiming the aristocrats are ambiguous, but, whatever.

I did think Quincy was a girl however. And Tuta for around four minutes in my first playthrough of Suikoden II.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
It was all so shocking... *gradually recovering composure*

Also, Everyone's Grudge, I was aware of Joker's real name. Reread that bit carefully... The list is of the exceptions.

You forgot Jacques, his name as far as I can tell is his actual name.

Queen-not real
Ace-go to Suikosource.com for details
Geddoe-Who knows...

I think that Duke is Duke's actual name, just a little side note there

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There's no evidence at all of a Milich/Kasios relationship of any form beyond 'lord' and 'staff'.

You're right about that, but sometimes it's just the way something strikes you. Impressions and interpretation. I know some artists who really love their patrons, but doesn't Kasios say "Let me be by your side" When you recruit him/her? It just sounded like something you say to a lover to me, maybe one who doesn't love you back, but a lover nonetheless.

Quote:
And I'm still confused about people claiming the aristocrats are ambiguous, but, whatever.

Again, people take things differently, with or without evidence. I like to think of Milich as gay since he is a good positive role model. Growing up as a gay gamer, I wished there was something other than "guy rescuing the princess." I couldn't really identify wth that. Milich was someone that I could empathize with and cheer for. He is a top-class mage (better than Cleo) has good HP/fighting ability and a decent defense. He's definitely not a weak, ineffective sissy who can't hold his own in combat. He may be a little stereotypical at first, but he when he regains himself from Windy's control, he shows a lot of admirable qualities. He is (after the Black Rune anyway) a dedicated, caring and chivalrous person. He joins the Liberation Army to help the emperor, not to destroy him, and convinces Kasim to join for the same reason. After the war he confirms his loyalty by guarding the gravesite and chronicling the emperor's reign in a play. I would look up to him and would be proud to have him on "our side."

But also, on the flipside: there's no evidence the aristocrats are gay, but there's no evidence that they are straight, either. They are all pretty much asexual anyway (take Augustine's list of "hopeful friends" however you want). I don't know. I guess it's just up to your own interpretation.

But regardless, even though the whole "Narcissists are gay" debate has been beaten to death over the years, if Milich was leading the pride parade, I'd come down and cheer for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: