Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

character comparisons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Is earthquake the strongest spell out there? If so, then I need to find someone who has an affinity for it (other then Warlock).

Well, you don't really need to look very far for one.

Ted has very good affinity with that Rune, if you can find him.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane also has good earth affinity.I use earthquake alot with her,and with the Mother Earth Rune she ruled. :mrgreen:

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL. Thanks for the information Ayreon.

I would suggest you go to photobucket.com for hosting of your avatar. No offence intended, but I think you might like it better this way.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: hehe... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki - i just like her because of her speed and battle ability...

Jeane - I just love using nostalgic characters. She's VERY powerful.

Mitsuba - She looks cuter and is actually very powerful...

Hervey - He just looks better anime-wise... He reminds me of my classmate....

Warlock - I really like his magic... Plus, i steal his *Flowing rune!

Flare - I just love using bishoujos... She's noble and kind. I like Archers!

Gretchen - She looks better aesthetically. She also wears NO make-up!

Axel - I don't know why. I don't like Selma.... :shock:

ragerune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki vs Lo Fong - Mizuki. Personally, i like ninjas.

Maxine vs Jeane - Jeane. She's got looks and skill far better than Maxine's. (The looks I mean)

Helga vs Mitsuba - Mitsuba. I use Mitsuba. She's stronger than Tal. And I like Big Swords rather than two small axes.

Sigurd vs Hervey - Hervey. I like his double-attack. Hehe..

Wendel vs Warlock - Warlock. He's useful. (In acquiring a Mother Earth rune, I mean)

Kate vs Flare - Flare. I don't use them both. But i prefer bows.

Gretchen vs Ameria - Ameria. I also don't use them. So, i took a random pick.

Axel vs Selma - Axel. I still don't use them. So, another random pick.

I think that's all. :D
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki vs Lo Fong
- As much as I love ninjas like Mizuki, I am gonna have to go with Lo Fong. Both are pretty weak attackers, but Lo Fong is one of the best mages of the game. She has a strong affinity with Earth and Water, and her low physical strength can be overcome with her capability to inflict critical damage more frequently due to her high luck. If I use either as physical attackers, I think Lo Fong is still better, because she can equip three runes, while Mizuki can only equip two.

Maxine vs Jeane
- Once again, as much as I lurrrrrrrrve Jeane, I am going to pick Maxine on this one. Someone already mentioned the three-rune slot advantage of Maxine on Jeane, and I concur. Also, Jeane has a weaker affinity to Fire and Earth than Maxine. I am not the type who uses the cheap Slash Rune so in every battle, I press Auto and make everyone attack. Now, both suck in physical damage, but Maxine has higher damage potential than Jeane because of her ridiculous skill, and she has above average luck stat too.

Helga vs Mitsuba
- Hands down, Helga. I found Helga to be stronger than Mitsuba. First of all, Helga has higher PWR than Mitsuba. Both have low skill, but Helga's is higher than Mitsuba's. Mitsuba's skill is so ridiculously low that it defeats her physical power anyway. Even her high luck couldn't save her. Helga also has higher physical defense than Mitsuba. Both are raw physical fighters, but Helga beats Mitsuba is just about every physical aspect, except HP. Besides, I found Mitsuba very annoying and Helga reminded me of Ronnie Bell. GIANT WOMAN!!!

Sigurd vs Hervey
- Below Level 60, Hervey's a much better character than Sigurd because both have two rune slots and Hervey beats Sigurd in physical power and speed during those levels. However, at Level 99, Sigurd's a much better character because his magic boosts above Level 60, so he will have three rune slots by then. Sigurd also has high skill, so add to the benefits of his three rune slots his capability of inflicting critical hits very often. Basically, the answer is... it depends.

Wendel vs Warlock
- This depends again. If you have a Spark Rune, go Warlock. Otherwise, Wendel. Warlock may have high magic, evade, magic defense and high affinity to Earth, but other than that, he is pure suckage in my opinion. Warlock's only useful if you use him as a mage, and you have a Spark Rune to neutralize his ridiculously low speed. Wendel, on the other hand, can do without a Spark Rune, as her speed is above average. Yes, Warlock has high evade, so his physical defense is not much of a problem, but Wendel's evade is on the same level as his, add that she has higher HP and defense so she can take more hits than Warlock. In my opinion, Wendel is one of the best mages of the game because she has high speed. She does not have too strong magic affinities, but I thought she was good with a Lightning Rune. I just equip a Thunder Magic Ring at her to strengthen her magic.

Kate vs Flare
- Flare is much better than Kate overall. Kate has higher magic, but the difference between them is not that big, really and Kate does not have very strong affinities aside from Fire. By the end, both will have three rune slots. They both have about the same attack power, and I am not sure whether bows are stronger than projectiles, but I do not think it matters here. Kate has higher HP and defense than Flare, so she is better than Flare defensively. However, I prefer attack to defense, and Flare has higher damage potential because of her high skill, and she has decent luck so it would not slow her down. Flare's evade is just as high as Kate's so she'll at least be able to minimize the drawbacks of her low defense and HP. Flare has high speed anyway, so she can kill the enemy before it hits her.

Gretchen vs Ameria
- I never used Gretchen aside from getting her to Level 99. She has high physical attack and defense, but that is pretty much it. Ameria, however, has decent power and luck, and above average skill and speed so she became one of my candidates to pick for the final battle (until Chiepoo came along). Her magic gets low in the end, but it is high enough to get her a third rune slot. Ameria also has pretty high HP and that is always a plus.

Axel vs Selma
- Axel has higher strength, but Selma wins because she gets three rune slots. Selma also has pretty high skill for someone who wields a gigantic sword, so there is no problem hitting the enemies for high damage. The argument pretty much ends there.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually never used Wendel for Lightning magic, I mainly used her for Healing...

anyways, I have a few more comparisons for y'all (they might involve some of the previous people and such)...

Tristhan vs. Eugene
Kika vs. Mizuki
Ted vs. Hero
Fredrica vs. Flare
Helmuth vs. Sigurd/ Hervey
Isaac vs. Axel
Gau vs. Karl
Konrad vs. Katarina

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trishtan vs. Eugene
- Wow... you got me. This one is pretty hard. Normally, Trishtan would be the better option because 1) while he has lower physical defense, he has high magic defense, making him a better defensive character than Eugene; 2) he has higher speed; 3) both he and Eugene are weak attackers, but he has high skill, so he can inflict critical hits more often. But once again, the benefits of extra rune slots rears its ugly head and gives him the advantage. I am not sure if Trishtan can equip the Ogre Set either, so it puts him in another disadvantage, but if he could, Eugene would still be a better character than him at Level 60 because Eugene can equip two runes, while Trishtan can only equip one. Now, at Level 99, Trishtan may gain a second slot, but I think comparably, Eugene will have higher attack bonus from the Warrior Rune by then and in effect, will still be a better attacker than Trishtan. Someone has to confirm if Trishtan can equip the Ogre Set but for now, I am giving the edge to Eugene.

Kika vs. Mizuki
- Normally, I would say Kika, but I will go in-depth to see if she is indeed the better choice. Kika only has one free slot because of her Falcon Rune, while Mizuki has two because of her decent magic. Both can equip Double-strike runes in their rune slots. Kika can equip an Ogre set to give her berserk status. Now, Mizuki can equip a Fury rune in her extra slot to give her the berserk status. Add to that a Goblin Set, and she will have high attack power, though it is hard to judge who is stronger because the Ogre Set adds about 48 STR. Now, about their special runes' power. Kika's Falcon Rune does 3x damage, while Mizuki's Shrike Rune does only 2x damage. My best guess is that Kika would do more damage. Besides, in normal attacks she would be more proficient because her high skill would cause more often critical hits. The only way to know for sure is to test it.

Ted vs. Hero
- Ted, hands down. I don't feel the need to explain this one, as it is pretty obvious. Now, if we are talking physical damage, the Hero wins because of his capability to equip the Ogre set, and two free rune slots for a Double-strike and a Warrior Rune.

Fredrica vs. Flare
- Flare has lower PWR than Fredrica, but she has higher SKL so critical hits would be more abundant with her. And Fredrica has very low MDF so Flare has a bigger chance of staying alive against magic-using foes.

Helmut vs. Sigurd/Hervey
- Helmut's better than both below Level 60, because his magic would be high enough to garner him three rune slots, and while he does not have Hervey's strength, he possesses high skill so he can deal criticals more often. At Level 99, Sigurd is much better than Helmut when they both have three rune slots. Comparably, they have about the same strength. Helmut has higher skill, but he has much lower PDF so Sigurd will deal more damage due to the Warrior Rune. Helmut also suffers from low MDF so that is another minus point for him.

Izak vs. Axel
- Izak has physical power and defense, but he can not hit as much as Axel can. Both are slow, so I can not judge them based on their speed either. I guess I would give Axel the edge, because I think being able to hit is more important that giving good damage, but not being able to hit half the time.

Gau vs. Karl
- Both are good, but I found Gau more useful, because he has higher speed, and higher power. If you are lucky enough to get a second rune slot for Gau at Level 99, then he would be a more proficient character. Karl has higher PDF than Gau, so he will benefit more from the Warrior Rune, but Gau has higher raw power anyway so he ends up being much more powerful.

Konrad vs. Katarina
- Both are pretty equal. The only difference is that Katarina has higher physical power and speed, while Konrad has higher luck and magic, but I think Konrad takes this because he has better affinities to the other runes than Katarina. Although I find Katarina's attack animation quite amusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: