Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shoot 'em Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Shoot 'em Up Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi all! I saw this movie last night, my only knowledge of it being having seen the small announcement thing ihanging in a local theater. I had no idea of the plot. Hell, I only knew it was an action flick from the title and the picture they used.

After watching it, I must say that despite all its absurdity, it was a very entertaining movie to watch. Don't expect any deep plots or twists, but expect a very fun time watching an inmense amount of violence. Obviously, those turned off by violence are not going to enjoy the movie, so don't even think about it if violence isn't your thing.

So, what are everyone's thoughts regarding this movie? Was it as enjoyable for you as it was for me, or was it just the post-Differential Equation exam trauma messing up my brain?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it was as entertaining as you thought it was. For me this thing was Looney Tunes but live-action. They even used a lot of Bugs bunny and Elmer Fudd references throughout the movie. Hell, Paul Giamatti's character looks like a psychotic Elmer Fudd minus the speech impediment. Plus, any movie where the main hero is still able to kill the bad guys while he's having sex with a prostitute who looks and talks like Monica Bellucci deserves a round of applause.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A movie called "Shoot 'em Up" does not deserve to be judged on terms of plot and sophistication. I am looking forward to this film to get some adrenaline pumping!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

No, it was as entertaining as you thought it was. For me this thing was Looney Tunes but live-action. They even used a lot of Bugs bunny and Elmer Fudd references throughout the movie. Hell, Paul Giamatti's character looks like a psychotic Elmer Fudd minus the speech impediment. Plus, any movie where the main hero is still able to kill the bad guys while he's having sex with a prostitute who looks and talks like Monica Bellucci deserves a round of applause.

I must say I quite liked all the Looney Tunes references. And having a carrot-munching hero was a very original touch in my opinion. I loved how they made Mr. Smith a very quirky hero.

Really, I still can't believe how action packed it is. And the soundtrack is amazing, featuring many famous songs like the Nirvana one at the begining and Ace of Spades at one point(forgot when exctly).

Axiose wrote:

A movie called "Shoot 'em Up" does not deserve to be judged on terms of plot and sophistication. I am looking forward to this film to get some adrenaline pumping!

I think the title of the movie is extremely appropiate. And you're definitely going to get a rush out of it. I know I did! I couldn't go to sleep straight after seeing it, so I played some Smash Bros with my roommate :P.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, for a soundtrack to include ultra generic action music doesnt really qualify as amazing for me :P

but yeah, as retarded as it is at points, it's so much further beyond entertainment that it makes up for any blatant stupidity in the movie. it basically jsut made me want to go watch running scared again though, which in my mind is quite superior.

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome. Straight up awesome movie. It wasn't a "good" movie, but it was cheesy in that way that makes you go "Awesome" in the middle of the movie.

Sup?
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This movie was awesome in the way that Rambo movies are awesome. You don't expect anything other that lots of shooting and lots of bodies piling up. This movie gives you just that, so it certainly doesn't disappoint. For people concerned about realism and believability, go watch some crappy chick flick then. Realism has no place here. This is an action flick done the way action flicks should be!

~Uguu!~
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the movie poster for this and knew that I would probabloy want to see it in the half price movie theater, and my suspicions were confirmed when it received very meager reviews. I will see this movie and I am somewhat excited about it, actually, it looks like the most awesome excuse for action scenes I have seen in some time. It should be entertaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: