Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Doom/Heretic/Hexen

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Doom/Heretic/Hexen Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone who has played these games heard how the original source codes for these classic games were released? A few genius's have already redone each of the games, giving them superb graphics when compared to what they used to look like. Check out this site: http://www.doomsdayhq.com

They look really great, I have played Heretic and it looks so much better and I was quite impressed when I saw how different the visuals were. And in each of the games you can now jump! I never thought I would ever do such a thing on these old games. Plus there are many other unique and great features added to each game, just check out the above site and read up about it yourself. The best thing is, when I tried to play the original Doom/Heretic/Hexen's they would just not run on my new computer because they were so old, and the sound was horrible.

Now with the source codes being available for the general public, these games have just improved tenfold. And all of these games play perfectly on my new computer and the sound is so good, well anything is better than how bad it was before the improvements. Best of all the download for this package is only a few megabytes, and it installs almost instantly and you have what look like new versions of all these games, but it feels like you are also playing them for the first time again.

And I think me finding out about this great release was perfect because I really wanted to get back into playing these great games, but it was not really possible because of slowdown on any new computer I tried it on. But not any more! It is good to go back and play these games, they have the old retro feel to them, but the graphics are just plain outstanding. I cannot wait until another genius ports this package over to the XBOX so I can play them all on my 109cm widescreen TV with surround sound...one step at a time I suppose but developments are under way so I am happy with the way things are going.

So anyone that enjoyed playing Doom/Heretic/Hexen back in the day, or even if you had finished these games recently after deciding to go old school and play them all, you will be very impressed with how different and better all these games are now. Doom 2, Final Doom, the Heretic expansion and the Hexen expansion are also improved with this release. Just give them a go, it only takes a short time to download and install the package before you get to feel how I do and just revel at the fact that at last these old games have been redone so to speak!

The creators of all these games released the source codes for these games for that very fact, they wanted to see how the creative people how do this sort of stuff could do. Enjoy! Just check out the various screenshots, I assure you will be in love and amazed. If you also search the net their are other Doom projects going on like Doom Legacy which look even more spectacular, but I have yet to check it out. Just go to google or something and type 'Doom Legacy', you won't be disappointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: