Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

UFC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Fundy, Cro Cop really should go back to K-1 where his style is best suited for. I know he's tried to learn how to be more balanced by learning submission defense techniques but he's still so far behind other MMA fighters that even his own stand-up skills degrades because of it.

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IIRC the exact reason why Cro Cop left K1 was because his style wasn't suited for straight kickboxing and he saw success as soon as he entered MMA. I really don't think Cro Cop would suddenly become godly if he went back to kickboxing, his last fight was pretty much a Kickboxing match with some ugly lay 'n pray thrown in. What I think would help Cro Cop the most is dropping down in weight, he can make 205 no problem.
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We just have wait and see if the UFC signs him to a cotract or not back it would be good to Fedor fight in the cage and by the UFC rules being that they are alittle diffrent from PRIDES rules.

What i want to know is are the UFC signing there fighters to PRIDE contracts to so they can fight rhere as well or are they just signing the Pride guys to fight in the UFC only.

Looking forward to watch TUF 5 next wedsday on spike tv it looks like its going to a real crazy season from what they have showen so far from the show.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im assuming since PRIDE is owned by the UFC guys that they want to sign Fedor to also fight for the UFC so he can be part of U.S. held events. I mean with MMA events becoming the new thing in Vegas for people to attend sooner or later they will need to bring in more talent and Fedor is the biggest talent in the MMA world who can dominate no matter the kind of rules or ring he goes in.

Sooner or later Couture will retire for good. I don't see a current UFC heavyweight who can realisticly take up the mantle of heavyweight champion and do so convincingly without having to take on Fedor. It's easier to just have Fedor signed with UFC that way there's no argument as to what rules or ring type will be used to hold the match.

Speaking of which can Couture even take on Fedor. As much as I am a huge fan of Randy Couture I would rather he retire for good than get really hurt going against Fedor. Though I'm sure Randy would like a chance to prove himself against Fedor Emelianenko.

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

glen wrote:
We just have wait and see if the UFC signs him to a cotract or not back it would be good to Fedor fight in the cage and by the UFC rules being that they are alittle diffrent from PRIDES rules.

What i want to know is are the UFC signing there fighters to PRIDE contracts to so they can fight rhere as well or are they just signing the Pride guys to fight in the UFC only.

Looking forward to watch TUF 5 next wedsday on spike tv it looks like its going to a real crazy season from what they have showen so far from the show.

Pride is done with, when UFC bought it they bought it so they could hopefully bring all the fighters under the UFC name. However when they bought Pride all of the contracts were terminated so thats why you don't seen guys like Fedor or Barnett in the UFC right now.

And Tullaryx, you can't be serious. You really don't want to see the real life Rocky Balboa v. Ivan Drago? Plus, you can never count Randy out. I truly believe that right now he is better than he has ever been.
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So theres no more PRIDE fights at all.

The way the went they bought Pride that they were going to still run it the way it use to be run before they bought it.

Which means that sucks that the only way to watch there matches is from the dvds that were make from old shows.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Pride is gone all together, but IMO that's a good thing since now the chances of seeing all those what if fights skyrockets.

Also, UFN this wednesday has an awesome main event in Din Thomas vs. Kenny Florian. Really lookin' forward to that one.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not saying a fight between Couture and Emelianenko can't happen but unless Couture steps up his game beyond what Noguiera-level then this time around Ivan Dragon beats the snot out of Rocky Balboa and wins.

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Should be some good fights on wednesday on fight night that for sure and the TUF 5 after should be good to watch with Hughes and Serra now it.

Serra just trash talks the whole time about Hughes said this he said that Hughes just sit there and laugh at some of the stuff that comes out of Serra mouth.

He know he in Serra head all really and he did not have to say anything at all to him.

I hope Hughes destroys Serra in the match now after listen to Serra run his mouth out.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Not saying a fight between Couture and Emelianenko can't happen but unless Couture steps up his game beyond what Noguiera-level then this time around Ivan Dragon beats the snot out of Rocky Balboa and wins.

In all likely hood Fedor wins, but come on it's Randy Coture. I will seriously never doubt that dudes ability to win a fight, no matter who it is he always has a solid chance IMO.
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All it takes is one good shot to the head and the fight is over for either one of them so it does not matter whos the better fight until they fight a couple times to really see who is or not now and not on who they had fought in fights before does really prove anything at all.

Look at Chuck he beats all these guys as champion by he can not beat Rampage at all but Rampage has lose to some of the guys Chucks beat.

So we do not know whos going to win till they fight each other or not.

Thats what i think any how.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yesterday was the premier of the ultimate fighter's new season. right off the bat serra told hughes how he didn't like him. gonna be an interesting season i'll say. can't wait for their fight when it's done.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the guy who breaks his elbow and bam he off the show man the sucks to be him.

The first fight was good to glad Matt Hughes guy won by beating Matt Serras good friend and made Serra look bad for picking his friend first overall.

It was funny as Serra yells do not tap at him and he taps with 6 seconds left on the clock.

Man Serra was pissed at him big time.

I can not wait for the next show should be great to watch what will happen next.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya serra was pissed although he didn't show it to try and keep his student head up. but still man four freaking seconds left and he tapped. you can tell he didn't want it. plus he didn't try and get out of it. he could of tried to pick him up and slam him or at least move around but he did jack shit and deserved to lose.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To bad they do not send him home like he should be but he get to stay and train in case some one can not fight and come back to fight if Dana or the coachs pick him to come back in the group and fight.

Looking forward to see Chuck fight and Forrest fight on Saturday UFC ppv.

It should be some great knockouts on the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: