Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 Pesmerga and Leon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Duel with Teo isn't that difficult. Just read what he says before choosing the Action, and imagine what he'll do next. If he says something similar to "give me your best shot", that means he's going to defend, and just attack him. Attack > Defend, Defend > Desperate Attack, and Desperate Attack > Attack. And if he hits you with his Desperate Attack, thats around 216 HP down. And remember to upgrade Pahn's weapon so he has a bigger chance of winning.

I got Leon as soon as I saw the flag infront of my castle( I recruited him after getting Crowley), the scene where the game shows you if anything ahs changed inside your castle. As soon as I saw the flag, I went to Kalekka to recruit Leon and talked to Mathiu, got the letter and delivered it to Leon. The only way you can see the progress of your castle is by entering your castle using a boat.

The last character I recruited was Sonya,

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What people seem to forget when trying to keep Pahn alive is that they often forgot to boost him up a bit. So once he rejoined, remember to immediately equip him with good armors, sharpen his weapons to as high as you could, and level him until he has decent level (If I remember correctly, around 30-ish). Then you should be more than strong enough to compete with Teo that you'd win even if you make a few mistakes.

I think enough people had mentioned about Leon, so there's no need to cover it again for me. And while Marco is good for early source of money, Gaspar and his Chincirorin game is way quicker to max your money. Save before playing and just double up the bet all the time. If you go broke, simply reload. If you win a few rounds in a row, you'll end up with max money in no time.

If you need tip on keeping everyone alive during the major battle, you need to always save before you get into a major battle. Then you can do either make sure to use your ninjas, and merchants to give hint, or you could just play around randomly and memorize the pattern then reload and use the correct moves next time around.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are able to recruit Leon, Clive, Pesmerga, Quincy and Crowley directly after defeating Neclord, if you've been keeping up with your recruiting. Talk to Quincy to recruit him/her then sail over to your Headquarters and enter it by boat so you activate that little thing about showing you castle before entering. The have Viki teleport you over to Kirov and go to Kelekka, Leon should now say something along the lines of "My how the liberation army has grown tell Mathiu congradulations." Instead of his normal "You must be Tir..." schtick. Then go back and talk with Mathiu after the thing about training. He'll give you a letter to give to Leon and then head back and talk to Leon and he'll join. Then have Viki Teleport you to Qlon and go into the Cave and talk with Crowley to recruit him then walk over to Neclords Castle and go all the way to the top floor and Pesmerga will already be waiting there talk to him to recruit him and finally teleport to Rikon and head into the in and talk to Clive. (He's always been there for me even though I know it's random.)

@ Harukaze: And I don't know if this has been corrected but I was just scanning the previous posts and Leon is NOT Mathiu's father, he's his uncle.

And for Egg's level up Pahn and sharpen his weapon and then just keep on defending and your garenteed a win. Play Chinchiron alot as Black Pesmerga said to gain basically infinate amount of bits. And use your thieves and ninja every round. There are only two or three battles you cannot win without a flawless victory. Also make sure when you use your dragon knights the first round of every battle once you get them, and when your ninja's say that they are going to use an archer, that's the time when to use your strategists. Basically that's all there is to know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. Hm. Guess I forgot that. Wow, that family is so messed up, I don't remember who goes where. I think SARS had a geneology of the Silverbergs somewhere, I'll have to dig that up.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I've read things about people in this forum getting their charcters to level 99 in this game to have strong characters in Suikoden II. Where did you train?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden I? Hmmm.

Gregminster Palace is the best place to train for level 99. One way to get it is to have an under-leveled character, possibly with a Fortune Rune attached, get into a fight with a group of six soldiers, win on your own (have everyone else killed) and watch their level shoot up to the max.

In that respect it's much the same as the level 99 'trick' for L'Renouille Palace at the end of Suikoden II.

The other, more irritating way (but still used by a surprising number of people) is to simply battle over and over getting 5 EXP per battle (10 with Fortune Rune) until you reach level 99.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I think I get it. What is the L'Renouille Palace trick?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to get Tir to level 99 because he's always in your party and has a permenent rune but most everyone else is easy. Equip a fortune rune to them and clear your party out besides Tir, Flik, Viktor and the person you want to level up. Now head to Gregminster, kill off Flik and Viktor and have Tir cast Hell, it'll kill everything and your level will shoot up. Rest and repeat until the desired level. Now do it for anyone else. And don't forget to equip the windspun armor on Humphry!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Okay, I think I get it. What is the L'Renouille Palace trick?

The L'Renouille trick is the exact same as the Gregminster Palace method.

When a character is at Lv. 39 (Lv. 49 with a Fortune rune), go to L'Renouille. Fight a group of Highland Soldiers (Groups of six only). Kill off all party members but the one you're planning to level up. Defeat the enemy. His level should shoot up to 99.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHy should I equip the Windspun Armor on Humphry? I don't use him much.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
WHy should I equip the Windspun Armor on Humphry? I don't use him much.

Because then it will transfer over to Humphrey in Suikoden II, replacing whatever not-as-good armour he normally has when you recruit him.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah usually Humphry comes with the Knight Armor in Suikoden 2, but if you equip him with the Windspun armor in 1 he'll wear that, which add 15 to his extremely low speed stat and gives him a resistence to wind, which is quite helpful if when you fight the boss of his sub-quest.

Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to be a bother, but does anyone know all of the characters in Suikoden 1 that will appear in Suikoden 2?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already made a topic asking for everything it's posted here http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: