Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most loved sports on Suikox?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most famous Loved Sports In suikox?
Football (Soccer)
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Basketball
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Volleyball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Football (American)
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Ice Hockey
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Cricket
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baseball
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Rugby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Handball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being Canadian, I had to vote for ice hockey, even though the only team I give a damn about is my home team the Vancouver Canucks. I also support the Canadian Olympic team (even the men) but I don't let winning or losing affect whether or not I support the team. I refuse to be a bandwagon jumper. You either support your team, or you don't.

I've also got to echo the other sentiments about the lack of tennis. I haven't kept up with it recently, but it was really the only other sport I enjoyed watching or playing.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the only sport which I follow (and play) faithfully would be basketball, so that would be the number 1 on my list. Football (Soccer) would go second for me.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I follow baseball. Always have and always will. Go Cubs! We're only a game and a half behind the Brewers. Who knew that the Cardinals would actually help the Cubs? Hahaha.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like many of the options on the list, but placed my vote for Ice Hockey (Oh Canada...). It has the hitting and violence of football, the hand-eye needs of baseball and the raw athleticism of basketball, and it's played on a freakin' sheet of ice with sharp blades attached to your feet. I played it when I was young and was pretty good at it, though I stopped when I realized that I could never be pro. When I get a job and have money I'd like to get equipment ($$$) and start up again, even if in a beer league or something.

Second on the list has to be Basketball. It's probably the best workout of any of the listed sports (behind hockey and soccer) and offers some of the best chances for showing people up and trash talking...not that I engage in any of that. It's also far easier to just pick up than any of these other sports, yes, even soccer.

Soccer was hella fun to play when I was a kid and still is because all you need is a ball and an open grassy space. Girls also look good playing it, so that's another score in its favor. Football is also fun, but I never get to play how I want to anymore because no one wants to tackle, and Baseball is pretty cool but can get hard because on a hot summer day you can just get nuked when you stand out there.

Last but not least...Volleyball. My lankyness actually gives me an edge and you can usually increase your chances of seeing some nice jiggle by playing, but it just destroys my arms. All that bumping can really hit you hard.

So, if I had to rank it in a list, it'd be Hockey (both ice and road, both are fun), Basketball, Soccer, Football, Baseball then Volleyball. Many of my faves aren't even on the list; Wakeboarding, Fishing, Golf and so on. I dig the team sports a lot, but I also enjoy the more individual sports because of the glory. I just started trying to wakeboard this summer and don't have a board yet, but it's still pretty fun (and for sure very dangerous). Fishing is always a blast because even if you don't catch anything, you're still away from all of the crap that bothers the hell out of you when you aren't fishing. In lieu of that, I still prefer fishing in a place where the fish are biting frequently and I catch one every few casts than where I might catch 1-2 a day. Golf just rocks, like fishing you have the serenity effect, but it's also the most strategic game out there; club selection and knowledge of the terrain is everything, and you have to play thing sto your advantage. I also like the mad scenery and open spaces for drinking, but that's only a minor perk.

And yes, you can bet I will be super pissed if the Men's Canadian team doesn't win the Vancouver Olympics in 3 years.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American football is definitely my favorite to watch and is a fun sport in general. The last few years I've started to prefer watching college football rather than the NFL.

Second on my list would be basketball. I have a helluva lot more fun playing basketball than football, but it is dreadful watching the NBA nowadays.
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn, I'm stuck between basketball and American football. These are my two favorite sports. The thing is that since I have never been able to play football for real, (although I'm dying to) I went with basketball on the poll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: